E3 2015

Oh, I didn't know they'd announced a new Paper Mario game.  I loved the first two games (N64 and GC) of that, but was disappointed with the 3DS version. M&L Paper Jam looks more M&L than Paper Mario, but I've mostly enjoyed those games too, so it's no great loss (the 3DS M&L game was better than the 3DS Paper Mario game fwiw).

It looks like Brutal Doom in a new engine, which is all I could hope for in a new Doom game. I just find the colors a bit too washed out, and while the weapon changing wheel is a way to avoid the "never the right weapon" problem, it looks like it might be breaking the flow of the game...

I'll wait to see where it goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

In terms of type of plastics used, are they all possibly cheaply made though?
I am unsure of what you are asking.  I am pretty sure the plastic is cheap.  They also had to design each one, make molds, paint them, assemble them, package them (which also includes designing artwork and printing, etc.) ship them, and all the other things I forgot or neglected, which adds to the cost.   They could probably be sold for a lot less than they currently go for.

I love the look of it.  Now I am going to go use a chainsaw to attack people walking down the street.

I've never seen one. Just wondered whether it was a cheap Chinese build or not, even though I'm aware that most things are made in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Violence against demons is bad, mkay?
It is.  Demons are people, too.  If I were a demon and you were trying to kill me I would gather my demon friends and try to kill you first...kinda like in this game.  Actually, I could very easily use this to jump off into a rant that would probably be taken more seriously by some people than what those 2 are doing (clue: it is bad to go somewhere you don't belong, then try to kill everyone/thing that lives there).

Also, many humans try to make it into a big problem when other humans die because of the actions of another animal, human or not, yet ignore the millions of deaths everyday at the hands of humans and their killing machines.  I am sure other species would be overjoyed if humans started taking chainsaws to each other.

Anyway, this really isn't the place for this, and I would like to play this game if it were possible on a Linux box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the DOOM trailer... my jaw fell on the floor.... O_O

Damn, seems like they did a good job at getting back the original feel, while adding more high definition splattering violence in the process :D

I hope that was done specially for the trailer.  It's not the 1990s any more.
Someone on the reddit thread linked to a quote saying that it was all flash for the show, that you control the chainsaw however you want and can just whip it back and forth mowing through enemies quickly if that's your desire. I didn't dig any further than that and the google is too full of people complaining about the length of the animation now to find that original quote.

Back