Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

evol posted on Sep 30 2006 at 01:40 PM said:
hmm how feasible would it be to make an intelligent frameskip that starts to skip frames who are not "unique" ?

example

no skip Frame 1 ###########

no skip Frame 2 ###########

skip this Frame 3 ###########

no skip Frame 4 ######___###
but how do you know if they are unique or not before having rendered them ?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah as I understand that was actually what happens. I don't think it will actually compare the two images pixel by pixel :)

The reason the FPS counters are weird right now is because the Framerate code is done within the blitting code.

We currently skip the non-unique frames. It's why the VSync can be 60, and the Framerate be much less. This sort of frameskipping has been used for awhile now in psx4all. If we were to blit every frame, the VSync would go down due to performance loss, but it would be an accurate FPS counter.

We didn't worry about FPS reporting since things weren't playable for the longest time. So now that we're nearing it, I see the need for it more so. It's fun to show friends. ;P

What? Oh yeah, news... :)

I am trying to get a GP2X release out within a few days.
I fixed quite a few bugs in the ARM Dynarec plus I now use the mmu kernel module and use 32MB of mmaped memery at address 0x02000000 for the translation cache for the dynarec.

There's a few optimizations I'd like to do real quick:
Get the GTE optimizations at least somewhat done.
Get the LOAD instructions optimized as many 3D games such as Ridge Racer seem to depend on using it 40% of time, when most of that work can be avoided. Large speed increase could be obtained from this.

That's all for now.

What? Oh yeah, news... :)

I am trying to get a GP2X release out within a few days.
I fixed quite a few bugs in the ARM Dynarec plus I now use the mmu kernel module and use 32MB of mmaped memery at address 0x02000000 for the translation cache for the dynarec.

There's a few optimizations I'd like to do real quick:
Get the GTE optimizations at least somewhat done.
Get the LOAD instructions optimized as many 3D games such as Ridge Racer seem to depend on using it 40% of time, when most of that work can be avoided. Large speed increase could be obtained from this.

That's all for now.

lol, i suggest you relase this on another topic so things dont get hectic. Great news Zodttd.

¿Might it be that Castlevania SOTN would run at a playable speed? We´ll see it soon i hope.

Back