Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

I can't wait when I'll be able to play FF Tactics on gp2x ^^ Unfortunately Tactics ogre for snes aren't translated, so no isometric strategy for me :(

just a one stupid question. How much speed could be gained by static recompiling? I don't know about others but for me it's quite bearable to rip PSX iso and then recompile it before playing, especially if that could be done on PC, not gp2x.

zodttd posted on Sep 27 2006 at 02:19 PM said:
Lot's more to work on...I'm hurrying. :)

Don't hurry! Take your time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
kardasan posted on Sep 27 2006 at 06:42 PM said:
I can't wait when I'll be able to play FF Tactics on gp2x ^^ Unfortunately Tactics ogre for snes aren't translated, so no isometric strategy for me :(

just a one stupid question. How much speed could be gained by static recompiling? I don't know about others but for me it's quite bearable to rip PSX iso and then recompile it before playing, especially if that could be done on PC, not gp2x.

You can get tactics ogre for your PSX. I've got it here. It ran quite well on the last version of psx4gp2x

sand_man posted on Sep 27 2006 at 10:07 AM said:
Don't hurry! Take your time :)

..."leave it all, till somebody else, lends you a haaaaaand... " :p

tart31 posted on Sep 27 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
great thanks for the update zodttd i always look forward to your updates by the way i got my cable and 40gb hd and its greatt so for the next release i can try lots of my ps1 games on it :)

Whats this your on about hdd and a cable ? where do i get them ?

CABBAGES posted on Sep 27 2006 at 12:59 PM said:
tart31 posted on Sep 27 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
great thanks for the update zodttd i always look forward to your updates by the way i got my cable and 40gb hd and its greatt so for the next release i can try lots of my ps1 games on it :)

Whats this your on about hdd and a cable ? where do i get them ?

USB Networking + Samba FTW!

40 GB? do they even sell those anymore? I thought 80 GB was minimum lol
anyway it will serve his purpose :) 40 gig plenty to store some psx games :)

its a 40 gb harddrive for a laptop in a shell with usb cable that goes to the exit port on the gp2x it has its own battery too its a bit smaller than the gp2x also it has card reader on it i love it :D

if you click on my name to the left you should see a pic of it

CABBAGES posted on Sep 27 2006 at 07:48 PM said:
i have a 500gb usb harddrive. if i get teh rigth cable will it work ?

And have something to power it, possibly a powered usb hub? I might be wrong, but the cables really don't power much yet, do they?

it might work youwould need something to power it though and take the connection as for the cable a man here in the uk makes them some people are a bit funny when posting there site so ill email him and let you all know :)

No new release since more than a month... :unsure: :(
I don´t want tu push you Zottd, ... but you have to have made a few improvements on the emulator since then!! Why don´t you give us a new version, it would sure make this thread a little more interesting again! :D :p

mtracy posted on Sep 28 2006 at 07:45 AM said:
I don´t want tu push you Zottd, ... but you have to have made a few improvements on the emulator since then!! Why don´t you give us a new version, it would sure make this thread a little more interesting again! :D :p

He's been busy I think with (DOSBox?) and other things at the moment. I would also love a new release but it will probably be a while. Also if there is a new release he said he would start it in a new thread.

I think he said that working on other projects would not reduce the amount of time he has for psx...
He may want to polish the new release with memory card support and things like that :)
Anyway, I'm also waiting for a new release...as I received my 2nd 2GB card...Maybe a few PSX ISO, just to test the card

see you :lol:

mtracy posted on Sep 28 2006 at 11:45 AM said:

Remember last time he spent too much time working on the gp2x, it pretty much put his job in jeopardy. He isn't sony, we can't get dissapointed if he doesn't push things out when we want them, hes doing this out of his own free will (and for some donations :p ). Also debugging a program like psx4gp2x is probably a nightmare so he probably has been spending a lot of time on it. So we just have to have patience...

Hi everyone. :)

I've been pacing myself with psx4all (codebase for psx4gp2x). If I go too fast, I land up releasing something very unpolished. But maybe I'm going a bit too slow. ;P

Some recent improvements to psx4gp2x include:
- More games now work.
- If a game doesn't work due to timings, the VSync interrupt rate can be changed in-game to get around a timing issue.
- Hyrdo Thunder / Ridge Racer get 20 FPS.
- New root counter / interrupt code.
- ARM Dynarec is now stable. It's being improved still.
- GTE code has been fixed. So 3D games that might have crashed before, might work now.
- MDEC (movie) code is being worked on. It's been fixed up slightly, but there's a bug in it that can cause certain movies to crash.
- Sound is available to be included now.
- Now uses the patched MMU module. This gives enough speed-up to eliminate the need for interlacing usually.

Things I need to do:
- Test the sound on the gp2x to make sure it's feasible.
- Get save states working again.
- Speed up the dynarec more if possible.
- Get in-game switching to a different game working again.
- Get better support for .Z / .ZNX file formats

Let me know how important some of the to-do list is, and I'll use that information to see what needs to be done for a release. If the to-do's arent important I'll see what Unai wants to do about a new release. He recently started working on the GPU code again after taking a break to get his job duties sorted out.

As for DOSBox, the idea is still being thrown around, but I'm waiting to see if someone with more X86 knowledge can help.

The main reason I've been going slowly is due to the importance of some projects at work that needed to be done in a timely manner.

I'll keep in touch...

thanks for letting us know zod, work of course must come first.

however :p, like everybody else i'm dying to start testing again, your work on this is really appreciated.

edit:

my votes for save states and speedups, the rest I can wait/pray for

Firstly thanks for the update and for working on this porject, I've found it quite inspiring. I'm currently learning C++ to supliment my Java and get knowledge of a lower level language, in between looking for work (graduate) hopfully ill be making some homebrew soonish!

for me the most important thing on your to do list has to be the save states since this effects all games and the ability to play and come back to where you were previously.

Then:

2. Speed improvements - my GP2x can only clock to 250Mhz =/

3. Sound - I would prefer playable speed rather than slow graphics with sound, thats if it effects fps much.

4. .Z / .ZNX support - I assmue these are image files or patches?

5. switching - Does this matter as long as we can exit cleanly and restart the emu?

This assumes that there are going to be further releases =) As you know testing may bring up some bugs that i guess may be easier to swat at this time rather than later?

In the end you know more than me and probably alot more than alot of peeps around here (no offense to any devs, devs are brainy =D), so do what you feel is the best way of going about things =) and Thanks loads and loads when I get a job ill donate =)

damn... this is great news... zodttd this can be something really really big in the future... you should prepare yourself for a lawsuit. =)

Back