Dutch Get-Together

Yannick said:
I'd like to bring the 6 million dutch speakers to the south of your border to your attention.
I might jump in my car for a pandora-LAN :D

Ah the 6 million that know their music, thumbs up for triggerfinger

Last edited by a moderator:
Yannick said:
I'd like to bring the 6 million dutch speakers to the south of your border to your attention.
I might jump in my car for a pandora-LAN :D

We're going to need a bigger venue if you bring all 6 million... Especially if you're bringing some nice beer and frites along too!

Missed this thread yesterday, but if i can, i'll join the fun!! From tilburg, so utrecht is not that far either. And if possible, not next week already. I ordered within the first 2 hours, so im expecting my mail soon, and it would be fun to bring my own :)

Otherwise ill just hijack one of yours and jump into a randowm train ;)

Mithrildor said:
I dont like meeting some 30+ years old people.

Well, I'm sure as hell not going to turn this into an ASL thing, I'm only interested in meeting other Pandora users, drinking beer and sharing experiences and advice - I'm not against meeting people who are 16 or 60 male or female, good looking/ugly/cyclops/unicorn whatever (no trolls though thanx).

Eniko said:
Does it have to be Utrecht? That's a long way from Zuid Limburg. Well... anywhere is a long way from here. :(

Utrecht is just the easiest, most of the time you get past Utrecht when you go to another part of the country.
If you got another good idea, post it. Might be a good place if we don't have people from Friesland, or for a next meeting if the first one is fun enough :)

But lets wait first until there are some more people with a Pandora in our little country :)

Well I suppose it could be worse, considering I can just take the intercity straight there, so at least there's no transfers involved. There's also the possibility of a meetup at Abunai later this summer, but I'm just guessing that there's at least a little overlap between Pandora owners and people who enjoy anime and manga and I may be way off in that guestimation. :p

FragMage said:
But lets wait first until there are some more people with a Pandora in our little country :)
Yeah, this is a good idea. We have two options, we either have a gathering soon (which means we all ogle the few Pandora units available) or we wait for uhhh... two months ;) until we have more units and we can have a LAN party / exchange of ideas and user experiences.

Eniko said:
Well I suppose it could be worse, considering I can just take the intercity straight there, so at least there's no transfers involved. There's also the possibility of a meetup at Abunai later this summer, but I'm just guessing that there's at least a little overlap between Pandora owners and people who enjoy anime and manga and I may be way off in that guestimation. :p

Yay for anime!

Didn't even know that there were so much Dutch people on these boards... Pretty awesome! :lol:

Gathering in Utrecht is a decent idea, but not many people have received their Pandora yet. I suggest we wait a little longer and gather up somewhere during August or so. By then most of the 4000 pre-orders should have their unit.

Eniko said:
Wow, you're from Geleen? That's like almost right next door from me. Scary. :blink:
Talking about next door, Sander Hoksbergen studies in the building next to where I work.

Mqark said:
Mithrildor said:
I dont like meeting some 30+ years old people.

Well, I'm sure as hell not going to turn this into an ASL thing, I'm only interested in meeting other Pandora users, drinking beer and sharing experiences and advice - I'm not against meeting people who are 16 or 60 male or female, good looking/ugly/cyclops/unicorn whatever (no trolls though thanx).

Ok than it has to be after 25-06-2010 cause thats when I turn 16

Eniko said:
Wow, you're from Geleen? That's like almost right next door from me. Scary. :blink:

Believe it or not, I always had a feeling that a girl with a Pandora lived very closely. That's even more scary! :lol:

utrecht or amsterdam would be way to far. zwolle where bosbeetle lives would be the top. i live in the small town called vroomshoop. close to Almelo for the guys who are familiar with that city.

Bosbeetle said:
So thats settled than!

oh wait no its not!

LOL, As far as I see it, we seem to be torn between waiting for everyone to get theirs, or just going ahead and doing it.

If we wait, then it won't happen for another 2 months (sorry couldn't resist!). I'd imagine we could probably get 5 pandora owners to the event and maybe 10 people in total (conservative estimate). That's not too bad a ratio. It would be great if we could find somewhere willing to allow us to use their TV when the TV-out cables get to us.

borgqueenx said:
utrecht or amsterdam would be way to far. zwolle where bosbeetle lives would be the top. i live in the small town called vroomshoop. close to Almelo for the guys who are familiar with that city.

Jesus! That's pratically Germany! :) I think most of us will be getting a train to Utrecht (unless we live there or are driving). Can you not get a train? I go to concerts at Nijmegen by train from Amsterdam and it's not too painful (basically the same distance you'd have to travel).

Back