Internet Options

zohnnyg

so what are pandoras internet browsing options? will it be internet explorer or something else? also do adobe products work on pandora? im curious because i suscribe to marvel digital comics. it gets tiring sitting at my computer desk reading the comics. i want to just be able to kick it anywhere and read them. i ordered a pandora for other things but can anyone suggest a portable device thats smaller than a regular laptop that would allow me to read marvel digital comics online please?

There are videos of it running firefox. Adobe products wont be avaliable, but im sure there will be an open source alternative on the pandora if not already.

do you know of any portable devices that could read the marvel digital comics? the requirements are adobe 10 and an internet connection. you read them from the marvel digital comics website. im thinking an asus eee pc can do it. are there any more options besides other eee pc clones?

Not Adobe 10, Adobe is the software maker. It looks like you want to say that it needs Flash player 10.
And you may hope that all the androids devices will get Flash Player 10 soon, watch this.

Till they release the player on android (and other platforms, since they want the same flash everywhere), you'll have to stick to X86 based devices.

Internet Explorer is obviously a Windows only browser. Pandora runs on Linux. According to the videos it's Firefox.
I've also heard that Adobe is porting flash player 10 for ARM architectures. :)

While it can run Firefox, Midori has been reported to be the official browser that will ship. Firefox can be packaged into a PND and dumped on SD card if you really want to use it, but I've had great success with Midori on my BeagleBoard, more than Firefox at any rate. It's more lightweight than Firefox, doesn't quite offer all the same features, but the best of the basic stuff is there.

Back