Dutch Get-Together

Another one from Amsterdam. No Pandora yet, hope to (finally) be able to rder one from tommorow.

Bosbeetle said:
I'm not sure I guess it will be very fragmented than, most dutchies are more than capable of reading english. It would be nice if we could have one central dutch thread but I think these fora aren't allowing other languages as english.

Off-topic: I've known a few Dutch people online with surprisingly good English skills. It's sort of depressing thinking about how many foreigners know English better than a rather large amount of our natives. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be up for a meet up in Utrecht.
Probably my best chance of seeing a pandora in person before august.

Bosbeetle said:
Café België we can have a nice beer as well :)

Another vote for Café België! (Hopefully they'll have the T-Shirts back in stock this time).

As for WIFI access, where ever we go it's not going to be likely to be free (unless it's a McDonalds or something desperate like that).

I signed up for Hyves and never use it - Facebook does all the social notworking[SIC] timewasting I need.

Doesn't the Starbucks at Utrecht Centraal have free wifi?

Else my phone can work as a wifi access point, just need to have a wall outlet close by then, since enabling a wifi ap drains my battery in like 2 hours :p

may88 said:
I'm in he Netherlands on the 9th, in Utrecht with some time to kill after office hours. Just in case you meet up. :)

Small world - I used to live near Bury (Long Melford). You don't work for Vintens do you?

Ok, so are we all happy with the 9th? Someone has to name a date to start with so that we can try to arrive at the best date for everyone.

The 9th is okay for me but I don't know the time exactly, I have to supervise a bunch of students so I don't have so much freedom. And I am not sure how many people will have their pandora by then.

But for now let's say 9th of June on the central station at 19:00h? For example?

FragMage said:
Baah, no-go for me that day.

Ah well, I guess there would be another meeting when everybody has his Pandora :)

Its just an example

any other days preferred? we can make a poll

Bosbeetle said:
FragMage said:

Ah well, I guess there would be another meeting when everybody has his Pandora :)

Its just an example

Yep, it's just a suggestion, unfortunately it'll be near impossible to find a date that's suitable for everyone, but we can try to find a date that covers a good number of people (and hopefully more than just one owner).

Any idea how I can add a poll to this thread, or do I need to start a new one?

Mqark said:
Bosbeetle said:
FragMage said:

Its just an example

Yep, it's just a suggestion, unfortunately it'll be near impossible to find a date that's suitable for everyone, but we can try to find a date that covers a good number of people (and hopefully more than just one owner).

Any idea how I can add a poll to this thread, or do I need to start a new one?

you can make one here: http://poll.dezeserver.nl/index.cgi?action=create

Mqark said:
may88 said:
I'm in he Netherlands on the 9th, in Utrecht with some time to kill after office hours. Just in case you meet up. :)

Small world - I used to live near Bury (Long Melford). You don't work for Vintens do you?

Ok, so are we all happy with the 9th? Someone has to name a date to start with so that we can try to arrive at the best date for everyone.
I know of Vintens but have never worked there. I work for Atos Origin that have offices at Papendorp just out of town.

Please don't arrange the event around me. I was only hoping to gate-crash the fun. I'm a cheeky Englishman and have no vote here, just happy to act as a catalyst. :p

Poll: When should the ducth get together be?
[*]02-06-2010
[*]03-06-2010
[*]04-06-2010
[*]05-06-2010
[*]06-06-2010
[*]07-06-2010
[*]08-06-2010
[*]09-06-2010
[*]10-06-2010
[*]11-06-2010
[*]12-06-2010
[*]13-06-2010