Release Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

Alex777

Still Fresh
0.8 has been released!

It can be found on the OpenHandhelds archive at http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,366

Please take note of the special instructions on the download page. You'll have to change the font size of your terminal to 11-point for the game to run. (a painless procedure)

This is the console version -- I haven't bothered trying to compile the tiles version yet, because the Pandora display just doesn't have a high enough resolution to handle it. Each tile is 32x32, and you have a vision radius of 8 tiles, so that's 17x32=544 pixels, already over the vertical limit. It may be possible to use some sort of scaling to shrink the tiles, but I'm not sure how practical that is.

See the instructions on the archive page. Crawl has a lot of customization options, and you can use keymaps and macros to remap anything you want on the fly in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a couple bugs in aufs which can get underfoot, so I find an easy trick is to put some stuff into a subdir, then on first run, copy it to ciurrent dir, so it shows up in appdata dn is read/writable no problem.

ie:

if [ ! -e foo ]

cp template/* .

fi

That sort of thing.

Shouldn't be necessary, but can be right now, depending whats going on.

If you need help pnd'ing it up, let me know. I'd meant to port this many time smyself, i'm glad you did .. thanks :)

jeff

Interesting, I'll have to give that a try later. I've never done any scripting in Linux, so if nothing else, it's a good opportunity to learn.

0.8 was recently released, I'll see if I can update the Pandora version this weekend. And while I'm at it, maybe I can put it in a proper .pnd as well.

Thanks very much for your work, Alex! Please do see if you can do a .PND of .8; it would be greatly appreciated.

I've had some difficulty getting the 0.8 version to compile. See this thread.

If some enterprising soul wants to give it a shot, all you really need to know is that you need to use the CROSSHOST argument on the makefile.

I've sorted out the problem mentioned above, 0.8 is running on the Pandora!

All I have to do is put together a .pnd for it. If anyone knows the necessary arguments to change the terminal font size to 11 point and remove the scrollbar, that would be very helpful.

Open up a terminal on your pandora, and run the terminal (from within the terminal yes :) and fiddle with arguments until you're satisfied; just ^D or 'exit' to drop out of the second terminal back to first, to retry.

If you need help with pnd'ing this one up, just give me al the stuff and I'll sort it out for you as an example, but sounds like you're on top of it.

jeff

The anticipation is killing me! Thanks for all the hard work.

0.8 is out, in .pnd form! See the OP for the link.

I wish I could edit the thread title, but oh well.

0.8 is out, in .pnd form! See the OP for the link.

I wish I could edit the thread title, but oh well.

Hi

I can find no pnd following that link ??

I think there's a little miscommunication going on. :)

SONY, Cas is right that there's no .PND of .8--just the old .ZIP of version .7.2.

And Cas, Alex said that there might be a delay between his uploading the file and it being available for download. I think we're just in that period of delay.

I think there's a little miscommunication going on. :)

SONY, Cas is right that there's no .PND of .8--just the old .ZIP of version .7.2.

And Cas, Alex said that there might be a delay between his uploading the file and it being available for download. I think we're just in that period of delay.

Hi

Oops, sorry did not read that bit, exited anticipation of downloading it :)

Yeah, file is still not up. Not sure why it's taking this long, I don't think it did the first time around.

In the meantime, I'll update the OP to be less confusing.

Back