Dual-microsd To Sd Adaptors?

fahrstuhl

Do Dual-MicroSD to SD-Card adapters exist? I know the ones you use to scale up one MicroSD card to SD form factor, but are there SD-Cards that can hold two MicroSDs? I didn't find nothing on google. =(

There are ones that turn 2 microSDs into a memory stick....

Why would you need something like this? MicroSD only goes to 8 (16?)gb anyways, it would be a lot cheaper to just buy a full sized one.

I took another look at the thread, it is really called "use 4 SD with Pandora". Confusing sub-text.

I can see wanting 4 SD with pandora, but I would use a USB stick if I needed any more space.

I think we are up to 32GB, and 64GB coming?

Even if you want to stay around the price/performance zone 2x 8GB is 16GB, and 2x 16 GB is 32GB total.

This is a funny place, people have complained that there are too many SD slots, and now we want 4 SD :) :)

I agree with both of them, so there :p.

I have never heard of such a gadget, AFAIK a micro/mini to full SD adaptor is just metal strips, if you did a dual then it would need active electronics, which I doubt there is really room for, and if there is it will be more expensive than a regular SD of twice the capacity once you rig it up.

It is an idea though. I would hook one of the new 250GB 1.8" hard drives up to the bottom and call it a day though :)

Well, I actually meant to put 2 MicroSD-Cards in one big SD card. SanDisk just announced its 16gig MicroSD for about 50€, so in the end you would get 64gigs of memory at the price of one 32gig SD

Yeh that would be great, I own 5 microSD cards:

2x 2GB cards
3x 1GB cards (about 0,85€ each)

I use them with the DS and on my PSP using an adaptor. So buying more microSD cards makes more sense than changing to SD to me.

nubie said:
I took another look at the thread, it is really called "use 4 SD with Pandora". Confusing sub-text.
I can see wanting 4 SD with pandora, but I would use a USB stick if I needed any more space.

This is a question I still have: Does the full-sized USB slot work with your run-of-the-mill USB stick? I know it's somewhat limited, but I really don't know more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karel Jansens said:
nubie said:

This is a question I still have: Does the full-sized USB slot work with your run-of-the-mill USB stick? I know it's somewhat limited, but I really don't know more than that.

:lol: :lol:

The only limitation I remember is lack of USB 1.1 or "low-speed" support. Memory devices should pretty much all be USB 2.0 standard because they move a lot of data, so there shouldn't be any problem.

There are no "dual microsd" to SD adapters on the market, although it's an interesting concept it's a bit unnecessary for the consumer market.

FrozenIpaq said:
There are no "dual microsd" to SD adapters on the market, although it's an interesting concept it's a bit unnecessary for the consumer market.
that and it would need RAID0 hardware in it, which might cause some delay for processing. meaning it would just be cheaper to get a normal SD for it.

Back