Ds Buying

Yeah, but Nintendogs will sell for the novelty value. I have my REAL Schnauzer here, but will definately buy the digital version!

And Waroi Ware, though short is good fun! It's the most fun I've had with the thing. And it just feels right using the stylus.

But yeah, it's Animal Crossing that I want!!!!

I say, if you gotta have one game with your DS that is NOT Mario, get Kirby's Canvas Curse. This also applies if you're looking for a game that uses the stylus exclusively.

Canvas Curse is proving to be a lot of fun so far, and isn't SUPER easy like Wario Ware, plus it seems it will last a lot longer. It's not as frantic as Wario, but IMO it's the second best game for the system so far, at least that I've played.

I have to add Meteos in the game pool as well.... it really is a fantastic puzzle game :D

I'm paranoid now, Video Game Imports say they ship any order received before 3.00PM and send you a confirmation e-mail. I guess they just didn't ship it yesterday and will today, anyone else bought from them?

yaustar, I was looking at Meteos. Is it still only out in Japan?

I say, if you gotta have one game with your DS that is NOT Mario, get Kirby's Canvas Curse. This also applies if you're looking for a game that uses the stylus exclusively.

Canvas Curse is proving to be a lot of fun so far, and isn't SUPER easy like Wario Ware, plus it seems it will last a lot longer. It's not as frantic as Wario, but IMO it's the second best game for the system so far, at least that I've played.

http://www.vgcats.com/

Is that the game the newest comic is about? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my girlfriend are planning on buying DS', but we want to get the coloured versions (I wanted the pink one, but she called it, so I'll have to make do with white or turquoise.) When are the coloured version set to be released in the UK, or are they set to be released at all?

Actually I was considering importing them, but I'm confused whats the difference between the 220V and 110V models at Lik-Sang? Do they use different power adaptors (I'm guessing so), and which one would use the adaptor on GBAX?

Finally are these the really good screen protectors of the DS?

Thanks for helping me out.

Index catalogue close down tommorow, and are selling DS's for £69.99. Tommorow, they close down at 11 or 12 and the prices are falling every hour until then, unless the stock is sold.

I'll be there, on the off-chance that I can get a bargain.

Just sorted out the order by emailing them. It's all sorted now I think. Is Yoshi Touch & Go really all that good. I'd read that it felt samey very quickly.

Yey, DS' turned up. My girlfriend's bringing them over now, shoulds only be a couple of minutes. Thanks for helping.

EDIT: The manuals are in Japanese, how long do the DS' have to charge for on their first charge? And can you turn them on while charging?

Yey, DS' turned up. My girlfriend's bringing them over now, shoulds only be a couple of minutes. Thanks for helping.

EDIT: The manuals are in Japanese, how long do the DS' have to charge for on their first charge? And can you turn them on while charging?

8 hours approx

PS best ds deal ever here

i'mm beginning to get back into the ds now, animal crossing, lost in blue, black & white, mario kart, it all looks like a bright future for the ds :)

Mine took like 2-3 hours the first charge as well and every charge after that. I still have yet to get a full 10 hours of play out of the thing on one charge however... still averaging 6-7, same as my wife with hers. This also was the case with the DS with dead pixels that I sent back to Nintendo.

*shrug*

I still don't know what you guys see in Polarium. The game got bleh reviews and when I played it I can see why... after about 15 minutes I was bored with that game. Meteos I haven't tried but I've also heard and read it is very so-so. Zoo Keeper is pretty good, and is cheaper than other games, I bought it new for $20. I've been told it's just a 'port' of Bejeweled which apparently is very popular among PC people though I've never seen/played it. But if that's the case I can understand why it's so popular... easy to pick up, hard to master, lot's of fun.

Personally I can only stand so many puzzle games anyways. Between picking up Lumines and Puzzle Bobble on PSP, and Zoo Keeper on DS, I definately don't need any more for the time being. It kind of sucks that the DS is being flooded with puzzle games so early on all with the same damn gimmick of using the stylus.

Oh and, Lubidog, I thought it was pretty unanimous that Mario was the best DS game thus far? *shrug* best one I have anyways. Canvas Curse is definately a very close second.

Mine took like 2-3 hours the first charge as well and every charge after that. I still have yet to get a full 10 hours of play out of the thing on one charge however... still averaging 6-7, same as my wife with hers. This also was the case with the DS with dead pixels that I sent back to Nintendo.

*shrug*

I still don't know what you guys see in Polarium. The game got bleh reviews and when I played it I can see why... after about 15 minutes I was bored with that game. Meteos I haven't tried but I've also heard and read it is very so-so. Zoo Keeper is pretty good, and is cheaper than other games, I bought it new for $20. I've been told it's just a 'port' of Bejeweled which apparently is very popular among PC people though I've never seen/played it. But if that's the case I can understand why it's so popular... easy to pick up, hard to master, lot's of fun.

Personally I can only stand so many puzzle games anyways. Between picking up Lumines and Puzzle Bobble on PSP, and Zoo Keeper on DS, I definately don't need any more for the time being. It kind of sucks that the DS is being flooded with puzzle games so early on all with the same damn gimmick of using the stylus.

Oh and, Lubidog, I thought it was pretty unanimous that Mario was the best DS game thus far? *shrug* best one I have anyways. Canvas Curse is definately a very close second.

Yes, just wanted to be sure. I recently picked up a N64, and have been playing through second hand games that I missed. SO only recently played Mario 64, so didn't bother getting it. But it's on it's way now, so I'll have a go at the minigames!

But have you all read this news

Shocking news!!!

I just find this amazing! I know the Japanese love Ninty, but look at the difference in game sales! Yes, I know that there may have been a bigger spread of games on the PSP, but they are still incredible figures.

The games are just coming so slow for both systems. Are they both so preoccupied with the next gens?

Anyway, the DS is way ahead at the mo. Will the european launch change this? Don't think so!

okay Lubi stop rubbing it in :D :p

Find some US sales figures damn you!

Seriously, this is good news for DS owners, many of us which thought the DS wouldn't do so well and would suffer from a lack of games. Good sales = more interest from 3rd party developers = many more games to choose from. I don't think this will 'hurt' the PSP's massive 3rd party support either which ends up just being better news for those of us who own both.

Hey Bast, I've just got back from a school trip to find that our NuShields had arrived. So I've just finished putting them in. Very easy to install, good recommendation, thanks.

I'll actually have games to play in it tomorrow!

There's a brand new Zelda game being developed for the DS (that won't be a crappy four swords version)...

That tears it. I'm going to buy one of these things. But... I'm going to wait till around Christmas because I want one with a cool color. I always miss out on those because I usually buy at launch...

Hey Bast, I've just got back from a school trip to find that our NuShields had arrived. So I've just finished putting them in. Very easy to install, good recommendation, thanks.

I'll actually have games to play in it tomorrow!

Yep STILL loving mine, still playing the heck out of my DS with it and still not a single mark on it! Once you get some games to play you'll see even more just why I recommended these so strongly. It wasn't my find though it was Mr Twit's, he pointed them out to me after I kept bitching on here about how I couldn't find a good protector.

That reminds me I still need to order another set.

Back