Ds Buying

Bingo Jesus

GP2X Hardcore
Me and my girlfriend are planning on buying DS', but we want to get the coloured versions (I wanted the pink one, but she called it, so I'll have to make do with white or turquoise.) When are the coloured version set to be released in the UK, or are they set to be released at all?

Actually I was considering importing them, but I'm confused whats the difference between the 220V and 110V models at Lik-Sang? Do they use different power adaptors (I'm guessing so), and which one would use the adaptor on GBAX?

Finally are these the really good screen protectors of the DS?

Thanks for helping me out.

NOOOO don't get those screen protectors!

Get the NuSHield ones. I just got some of these today. They are $12 for a set of three + shipping. Go to www.nushield.com.

They look great, are VERY easy to apply, and cover the ENTIRE screen (most other screen protectors are undersized and leave gaps and are hard to center).

Heck, you want the full review see my thread in the same section of the forums here, titled "if you have a DS you have to read this!"

I've tried four different brands of screen protector, this being my fifth one, and I can't say enough good things about these Nushield protectors.

then buy a gun to shoot yourself for wasting your money on 2 of these, err, well if you wanted the pink one, then i guess you'd be interested in the Nintendogs games and all that crap.

I will pay you to take mine off my hands

Ignore them. The DS is the console for a man and a woman!

A psp is the console for a lonely boy!

am i understanding you right nova ?

you will pay me for getting your ds ???

well then send it over to me xD l

Yes Nintendogs! They even have a miniature Schnauzer in there! (Lubi being of this breed!)

This 'game' sounds barmy, but I will buy it!!! Gotta love them Japanese (sorry Bast!) :D

i was thinking of getting it for my fiance. Somebody might as well use it. As it is right now, my fricking game.com sees more action than my DS.

I think that it's got lots that me and my girlfriend will like. We both want Black and White, Animal Crossing and Wario Ware. Plus my girlfriend has a thing for Luigi (So she'll be getting Mario 64 DS.)

Ignore them. The DS is the console for a man and a woman!

A psp is the console for a lonely boy!

Since I have two of each, what does that make me? :D

I'm sorry but I worry for the mental state of anyone that thinks Nintendogs looks like a good 'game'. Hey, I love my DS, but not THAT much.

Black and White looked GREAT at E3, hope it finishes okay. Me and my wife can't wait for Animal Crossing and Mario Kart, and I'm dying for Castlevania, oh and Katamari Damacy... which I couldn't find at E3 unfortunately :(

By the way, the NuShield screen protector is still holding up beautifully with not a scratch on it, been playing the heck out of Wario Ware and Cursed Canvas. Freakin AWESOME protector, 10 out of 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sims is just as little of a 'game' as Nintendogs, and the Sims managed to be a tiny bit successful and fun.

And was Katamari Damacy actually confirmed for the DS? It just seems a bit odd for the game to have jumped companies like that. But if it is... I'll definitely being picking up one of these gimmick machines. :D

somehow I think there's a bit more depth to the sims than there is to nintendogs. Really that is comparing apples to oranges.

i would compare Nintendogs more to a 'game' like Tamagotchi. And yeah, even THAT got some success. And I worried about the mental state of the people who were buying those things up like crazy too :D

And yes, Katamari is 100% confirmed for the DS unless it get's canceled. Gamespot page for Katamari DS

It's rumored for PSP as well though I haven't found any definate proof of this one.

Well we've ordered it, I got a white one, and my girlfriend's getting a pink one. We ordered from Video Game Imports and it's cost us just over £115 each. Our Nusheilds and Power adaptors are on their way also.

Now just to buy some games, I think that a trip to Carlisle is needed this weekend for clothes (and Wario Ware, for me, and Super Mario 64 DS, for her)

sweet you bought the Nushields. There's a little bit of a trick to getting them in but once their in you're gonna love it.

Nushield might need to start paying me commision :D or at least send me some covers for free!

now we just need some more games to play!

Bingo Jesus - one thing, you may already know, but if not just a warning. Wario Ware DS is not a very long game, and it's not a very hard game. I have played it a bit these last three or four days, and have actually made it a point to unlock every mini game for every character. I've also gone back and gotten more than 30 points in each character to unlock all the little extras. All told I've played maybe 5 hours? So you may want to rethink your initial game purchase or plan on getting more than one game.

Back