Drmd V5 Beta 2 Released

shiffy posted on May 22 2006 at 08:54 PM said:
SunSpire posted on May 22 2006 at 01:12 PM said:
I just got an idea, there used to be a SMS emulator for the PC who was playing back the music through a midi device rather than using the SMS's native sound output, creating an overall improvement in sound quality. Couldn't something be done with the timidity library that is also used for Duke3D to play midi on the gp2x? That way you could add a sound enhancement option to the emulator ... I bet it would be hard to do but thought I'd suggest it anyway! :)

"SunSpire"

The Japanese version of the Master System (the Sega Mark 3) had a built in FM synth chip, thus making some of the games sound better. A couple of games that I know use this FM chip are Outrun & Wonderboy In Monster Land. A few of the PC Master System emulators do emulate the FM chip. Here's a link to a tiny bit of info on it

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node=S...Master%20System

It would be fantastic if this Master System FM chip emulation could be incorperated into DrMD. In my opinion, that would be the icing on the cake for this amazing emulator! :D :p

Hey, thanks for the background info! I didn't know they were making attempts on improving the sound quality back when the master system was released. Lucky japanese gamers get some cool stuff I never heard of!! lol

"SunSpire"

Last edited by a moderator:
Game Gear support is almost complete, hardware scaling has been added as well. Because of the low resolution of the GG and the fact the GP2X has hardware scaling you can get 60fps at 60Mhz for GG games, very nice. Shouldn't be too long now before beta 3.

Reesy posted on May 24 2006 at 02:36 PM said:
Game Gear support is almost complete, hardware scaling has been added as well. Because of the low resolution of the GG and the fact the GP2X has hardware scaling you can get 60fps at 60Mhz for GG games, very nice. Shouldn't be too long now before beta 3.
:blink: :blink: :blink: Your amazing.

Reesy posted on May 24 2006 at 06:36 PM said:

great news ! :D

some gg games are too great to be forgotten !

PSyMastR posted on May 24 2006 at 08:32 PM said:

Holy shit! I missed that when I read Reesy's announcement 60fps at only 60MHz is pretty damn funky :)

Reesy posted on May 24 2006 at 11:36 AM said:

Brilliant (or at least much smarter than me, and I shine a little).

@Reesy, do you have any plans (or wild hopes) of being able to do rudimentary CD support if HH gives you a large enough speed boost?

I don't have a clue about the Cyclone core you are using, is it possible to move stuff (rendering or z80 and sound maybe) over to the 940T and use the 920 for a couple Cyclone cores if there is a huge speed boost in HH?

Like I say I haven't a clue, if you could enlighten me, give me a brush off, or just satisfy my curiosity, thanks.

@Beta testers, TV-Out is functioning pretty much perfect in the gameplay so far, all we need is the menu back?

PokeParadox posted on May 24 2006 at 03:44 PM said:
PSyMastR posted on May 24 2006 at 08:32 PM said:

Holy shit! I missed that when I read Reesy's announcement 60fps at only 60MHz is pretty damn funky :)

Holy Go Speed Racer Go speeds!

Last time I tried (with version 4.3), "Virtua Racing" didn't work. Any news on this title?

jedeitor posted on May 24 2006 at 05:10 PM said:
Last time I tried (with version 4.3), "Virtua Racing" didn't work. Any news on this title?

... special chip. Ain't gonna happen. Old 'news' too ;)

DTH posted on May 24 2006 at 05:19 PM said:
Is Megaman the wily wars [pssible?

... if you mean:

Code:
Mega_Man_-_The_Wily_Wars_(E).zip

... then yes, it should work.

TelcoLou posted on May 24 2006 at 05:34 PM said:

... if you mean:

Code:

It does? I always get a black screen whenever I try that game.

naples39 posted on May 24 2006 at 05:43 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on May 24 2006 at 05:34 PM said:

... if you mean:

Code:

:lol: I said should. I never tested it ... I have other Euro games that work, so I assumed. Sorry.

TelcoLou posted on May 24 2006 at 05:47 PM said:
:lol: I said should. I never tested it ... I have other Euro games that work, so I assumed. Sorry.

No problem. Understandable mistake, given that this is one of only 2 flaws with the megadrive emulation I've found (missing graphic layers in the menus of Mario Andretti racing being the other).

nubie posted on May 24 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
@Beta testers, TV-Out is functioning pretty much perfect in the gameplay so far, all we need is the menu back?

kounch from the boards has contacted me about this, he thinks the reason the menu is not working correctly is because the cpu clock speed is too low. I've increased the speed of the menu to 80Mhz but I've not had time to test it yet, hopefully it should work correctly. I'll confirm this once I get around to testing it.

naples39 posted on May 24 2006 at 05:43 PM said:

It works. I was just fighting Cutman. Bad rom?

hey reesy,

thanks for this great release. DrMD is one of the best emus on GP2X so far.

now my little bug-report: one of my favourite genesis-games "zombies ate my neighbors" is working - but the statusbar on the right side is missing/invisible. this makes the game very hard to play. if you find the time to take a look at (or even fix) it, i would be very pleased.

best regards

B4N5H33

Back