Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

You can get the ID on the file menu. Press Y a couple times.
 Strange - that doesn't work for me.

The text at the bottom changes ("Y: switsch display (rom-title)" e.g.) but the list of files doesn't change.

It always shows the filename :wacko:
Did you try using the broken database file I first uploaded earlier for the Toy Story 3 fix? (and then replaced) If so, the broken database will have interfered with this feature.

To fix it download the corrected version of the database file from the same post (or just delete the broken one from appdata) and then delete the "drastic_file_info.txt" file from your ROM folder. After that it should work.

Please accept my apologies. I was hoping no-one had grabbed it before I took it down.

- Neelix

EDIT:

@Exophase Congrats on winning the competition mate! As others have said, it was a well deserved win. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, Exo~

But, something very weird started happening; for some reason, multiple games don't save data anymore. I still have over 300 MB free on my SD card, any ideas on why this might be happening? All games load fine, but all my progress gets deleted, even for games which saved yesterday.. Savestates work fine, however.

Congrats~

But, something very weird started happening; for some reason, multiple games don't save data anymore. I still have over 300 MB free on my SD card, any ideas on why this might be happening? All games load fine, but all my progress gets deleted, even for games which saved yesterday.. Savestates work fine, however.

ARGH! Looks like you also got my broken game database file. :(

Important note to anyone who used the game database file I posted. (here) If you downloaded it before I edited the post (the Edits are clearly marked) then the file is broken, and you will need to delete it or replace it with the updated version.  Please accept my apologies.

- Neelix

Rather than using the database file you posted, I downloaded the emu from repo two or three days ago..

But thanks! I hope that this will fix the problems.  :)  (which it probably will)

E: Um, where am I supposed to put the database file? Appdata? Oh, right, you already posted about it.

*blinks*  That's odd... the one included in the PND should be fine... the one I posted was merely a slight modification of it.

- Neelix

...And nope, the problem still persists.

Perhaps the cause is elsewhere? Whatever it is, though, it's fairly annoying.

Some little info:

Lego Star Wars II:

Game now loads but landscape gets black from time to time and I had a crash during gameplay

Fire Emblem:

Sprites on map still do some weird movements when they are selected.

(As usual both is Giga Pandora with EU version)

As far as I know, there is a bad ROM extract of Shadow Dragon which has some issues with the map sprites floating around. It may also be an engine issue since the other DS Fire Emblem (JP only) does something similar, but I've never heard of that issue happening for people who have extracted the ROM themselves. I hang around the Fire Emblem hacking community, so I think I would know if it was a general issue.

Also, I think it would be preferable to post that info in the wiki rather than here. http://pandorawiki.org/DraStic_Compatibility_List

To fix it download the corrected version of the database file from the same post (or just delete the broken one from appdata) and then delete the "drastic_file_info.txt" file from your ROM folder. After that it should work.

Please accept my apologies. I was hoping no-one had grabbed it before I took it down.

Apologies accepted - but I didn't use your modified file ;)

I tried what you suggested, but there was no game_database.xml in appdata/DraStic :blink:

So I downloaded your version from that post and put it there but that didn't change anything either.

Attached is the pndrun file...

pndrun_DraStic.out.txt

Attachments

• pndrun_DraStic.out.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 145
Strange - that doesn't work for me.

The text at the bottom changes ("Y: switsch display (rom-title)" e.g.) but the list of files doesn't change.

It always shows the filename :wacko:
If it still shows the filename then the files aren't in the database. Is it homebrew?

There ara a couple of hoembrews in the directory.

But the info doesn't change for all  my files.

I'm talking about "One Piece Gigant Battles" espacially, since I wanted to add an update to the compatibility list.

Guess I'll copy the entry for the old version and hope the ID is the same (mine is german)...

EDIT:

OPGB runs better now but is still not playable, since the characters are missing during a fight

I added Art Academy to the list, which runs quite well with only occasional glitches in the menus.

And I added a couple of homebrew games, too.

Exo can i suggest something(if its not already been sugegsted before)?there are some games like brain training and marvel card battle that required you to actually flip the ds like a book.now there's a rotation option in the emu but it doesn't solve the issue,i have to rotate the pandora to play those games..isn't there a way like Desmume does to put those screens in a horizontal fashion?

Please, read the thread before asking for things, it's annoying seeing the same feature requests over and over again, especially when I've already replied to say something about it.

sorry if i aked again but wasn't exactly easy reading back 23 pages of topic to find that precielse question

Back