Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

I almost payed through New Super Mario Bros. on my CC Pandora on 900MHz.

I'd say it is playable.. the first two worlds work fine but when it gets to the more complex ones e.g. the under-water levels or the later ones with a lot of moving stuff in the background or a lot of enemies it gets really slow and laggy. Can this be improved, or does my Classic Pandora limit the emulator ?

^

I described the sprite movement and messed up intro in Fire Emblem. It's in the description.
Yes you did, but your description isn't entirely accurate. The sprites don't move at all - the image scrolls in a wrap-around fashion (without actually moving). And frame-skip is not needed. Surely a more accurate description is beneficial?

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost payed through New Super Mario Bros. on my CC Pandora on 900MHz.

I'd say it is playable.. the first two worlds work fine but when it gets to the more complex ones e.g. the under-water levels or the later ones with a lot of moving stuff in the background or a lot of enemies it gets really slow and laggy. Can this be improved, or does my Classic Pandora limit the emulator ?
3D stuff is still not optimized. Wait for further releases.

^

I described the sprite movement and messed up intro in Fire Emblem. It's in the description.
Yes you did, but your description isn't entirely accurate. The sprites don't move at all - the image scrolls in a wrap-around fashion (without actually moving). And frame-skip is not needed. Surely a more accurate description is beneficial?
Maybe I've chosen the wrong words.

I don't mind if you'd change the wiki.

Do as you wish.

Added bits about rom size and redundancies to wiki, also about adding your username to the notes for contact purposes. I don't have a lot of games myself, but I'll make sure to check everything on each version just in case.

1) Please, don't paste redundant entries (check carefully if it's there already)
That's where the roms ID are important.
Not all entries are redundant. They are usually tested in different conditions. If I have a rebirth the game would not run the same on a 1Ghz, it's pretty obvious and there should not be a SINGLE line only for each game, but if possible several ones highlighting the performance in different models.

On top of that, exophase mentioned explicitely he wants to see regressions and improvements so deletions in the wiki should not be done when a new version comes out. 

I did a lot of work in the wiki database so please do not start messing up with the principles behind it before asking before. A wiki is a community work and needs to be managed together, not by doing things one by one and breaking what others did before. I am not saying this is what is happening right now, but I see the trend coming. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's have a party !
hehe. 

Seriously, why don't we use this thread to discuss potential changes together before making them individually ? (when it's not about pure data entry). It's fairly obvious that we cannot satisfy every needs and every request so we can first review of the new proposals make sense or not, and if they do not break the purpose of the current wiki page in the first place. 

I don't see what's the problem here, we had clear instructions from Exophase.

So let's have a party !!!

:D

I didn't read the thread at all (but I will), I just made a speed trial of some games and report the issues I found:

Brain Age:

- music stutter a bit (seems a little better when overclocking at 800)

- you must use the Pandora in vertical cause seems there's no way to rotate the screens

- the "read the text" exercises have unreadable text, is all black with white dots, you can only see in the right way one of the screen and only if you select large fonts

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training:

- If I choose "Italian" I can't do anything in the start menu, all is there, even the music, but nothing happens anywhere I press...

- If I start in "English" everything works like "Brain Age" as explained before

Dragon Ball Z - Supersonic Warriors 2:

- Playable a little slow in story mode

- VS Battle crush the game after the Stage selection

Dragon Ball - Origins:

- Very slow, but seems working

Pokemon Diamond:

- Slow, but seems working

- Some texts at the beginning of the game seems missing

Tried four homebrew games, they all crash to desktop instantly as you try to load them.

Two tetris games, and two games developed by myself / a friend of mine using PAlib, doesn't do anything funny. Just plain 2D stuff.

Would be great if we could have better compatibility in a future update! :)

The remake of The Detective Game hit's the C64 "loading bars", then crashes

The game can be downloaded from here for free:

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=tdg

Message in pndrun_DraStic.out

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
I'll take a look at it.  

That error message though is generated by libPND, not DraStic...  you'll see it in almost every pndrun.out.

- Neelix

Tried four homebrew games, they all crash to desktop instantly as you try to load them.

Two tetris games, and two games developed by myself / a friend of mine using PAlib, doesn't do anything funny. Just plain 2D stuff.

Would be great if we could have better compatibility in a future update! :)
Got download links for the homebrew?  (send them by PM to Exophase if the site also offers commercial ROM downloads) 

In order to see what's crashing it Exophase needs to be able to replicate the crash.

- Neelix

Found a important Bug:

When i play a Game and want a Pause,and use the Pandora "Standby"

then after the Standby work the Game in Turbo Mode up to 400% of normal Speed.

Same with some other Emulators like Gambatte.

Can you fix the Speed Correction after Standby?

Back