Drama between Kumaki and ZXDunny (from: "Easy" RPG - Having NOTHING But Trouble [HALF-SOLVED])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kumaki - Sorry for not having anything constructive to add.  I haven't played any of those games that are in question, but I'll ask around - good luck.
It's okay, Franko.

This thread got so trashed...at this point, if anyone had anything of value to contribute, concerning EasyRPG, I might just have a heart attack.

I am trying to get some help on EasyRPG's Forum.

When it works it's a banner calling for the return of a well like and respected community member who no longer participates in the forums. Kind of pointless in my opinion, but that's neither here nor there.  However since it doesn't work more often than not it's usually that massive error message in 8 languages, that effectively fills my entire screen before I can scroll past it.

- Neelix
I'm in reasonably regular contact with Prometheus, and she's no intention of coming back unfortunately. She was a stellar moderator and well liked by all barring a few. Kept her head and posted with style.
As for signatures, I tend to just use adblock to block any specific images (like milkshake's), but Dredd's needs proper blocking due to its textual nature.

PS - I'm glad that Kumaki has finally figured out how to use the forum - it's always desirable in a mod, I feel. I'm sure now she can go back to being the helpful, knowledgeable and experienced member of the moderator team that she was before she lost her shit. It's a shame she couldn't just ask me how to enable the ignore list; I suppose her mania wouldn't let her lose face? Ah well, water under the bridge now and I'm sure she's happier knowing that she can't see what I write... unless someone quotes it without attribution!

D.

I'm in reasonably regular contact with Prometheus, and she's no intention of coming back unfortunately. She was a stellar moderator and well liked by all barring a few. Kept her head and posted with style.
That's a shame :-( even though the forum in general is a lot better than it used to be? Does she still use her pandora or has she moved on to other devices?

I really wish she would reconsider I loved her input in all topics.

@ZXDunny:   Indeed.  I feel that the community is poorer without Prometheus as part of it.  I think she was a calming influence even before she became a mod. 

- Neelix

^^^ I just spit out my soda...that was funny as heck.   :lol:  

Come on people....can't anyone help out a fellow gamer (and Mod)?  EasyRPG?  I'm unfamiliar with the games/genre and plus I'm just starting out here - porting anything will be some weeks or months away - ekianjo and Dredd have recently put up some great tutorials, though...

That's a shame :-( even though the forum in general is a lot better than it used to be? Does she still use her pandora or has she moved on to other devices?
I really wish she would reconsider I loved her input in all topics.
I know she was learning Scratch on the Raspberry Pi, but that's the last I heard (from March). I've mailed her and I'll see if she replies.
D.

Are even the quotes ignored ? 

VVVVVV

Well, it's a shame she's got me on ignore really. Ah well. I've solved her problem:

easyrpg_pandora.jpeg

1. Run EasyRPG player without adding any data. It creates folders etc.
2. Quit the pickle launcher that appears.
3. Install the two zip files into the /media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/easyrpg/data/rtp/2000 preserving the parent folders in the zips.
(note that one of the zips is self-contained, the other needs to be in a folder).
4. Install the font by unpacking it into each of the two folders you created
5. Run EasyRPG.
6. Navigate to the root, then into /media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/easyrpg/data/rtp/2000/<game data folder>
7. Select the ".ldb" file

Play!

Have to admit that I really only followed the instructions on the repo. But there you go. Not sure you really need the folder structure mentioned tbh, but I thought it couldn't hurt.

D.

So then this problem is solved, isn't it?

If you are not happy with the quality of an alpha port, don't use it.

Plain and simple :)
Well, no kidding.

Like I said, if it can't play the two games I actually WANT...then I'm not really interested.  did I not SAY that already?

sheesh...

Well, you know what they say...as soon as there is a little chum in the water, all the damned shark come around to feed.

Well, I've had just about enough from everyone here who was not helpful.

Pity so many people saw this thread as a chance to attack me instead of help me.

Not for my sake, really...but for the newcomer who comes here and sees this sort of treatment and decides this ISN'T such a friendly, helpful community after all.

Why don't you guys pull your heads out of your asses and realize you could be driving newbies away while you're having your fun taking another chunk out of my ass?

Could someone please come in here and delete the pissing contest in this thread?  I came in here to get some info on easyRPG and end up having to glean what I can in between a war that apparently started over a few capitalized letters. 

I don't care who started it, this is a forum to support the Pandora, and it don't put the project in a good light whenever support threads degenerate into mudslinging.

I would be uncomfortable with just deleting it. Moving the posts out to the off-topic section of the forum under the heading of "Kumaki and ZXDunny losing their shit" would be better - events recently have taken a turn for the manipulative with Kumaki announcing her intent to drop her mod status as a result of my having debated with her. With no history to review, many people would only have that thread to gain any context from, and my name would be certainly worse off than it is now.

I do admit that I could have dropped it long ago, but I have a stubborn streak that prevents me from just allowing her to cast untrue aspersions left and right without defending myself. She was unable to rationally debate with me and resorted instead to attacking whenever possible, and managed to turn this thread into a serious slagging match (where she unfortunately did all the slagging). Even having provided proof to deconstruct her accusations, she refused to desist.

So although I am aware that my opinion won't carry much weight, I would implore the mods and administrators to keep this thread for posterity.

D.

I'm with ZXDunny with this, I really hate when posts disappears, the OffTopic section is where to put all this stuff.

I hope that no one thinks I was attacking Kumaki when I mentioned her style of word emphasis, that wasn't my intention at all.

Sorry, I think both sides are guilty in this.  I can see how the tone could set off Kumaki, on the other hand Kumaki needs to grow up and handle criticism better than "I'm taking my ball and going home."  The entire thing is childish, grade-school drama.  I think Kumaki is out of hand, but also sometimes someone needs to be the bigger man and simply say "thats enough, I am simply ignoring you, since its obvious I am not the problem."

Sorry for that tangent, but I come here for the friendly community.  We all should be banding together in support of this project, not flaming one another over he said, she said, I dont agree, I am right, you are wrong, why wont you side with me crap.  It has polluted too many threads on this forum for long enough, I'm not even involved but I am tired of reading back and forth flaming in a SUPPORT THREAD (yea, all caps for emphasis).

So please take all these posts and toss em in off-topic, I do think that is a swell idea.

Can I move this entire thread to the off-topic section, or do you want me to try to disentangle the drama from the on-topic posts? I'm tempted to just move this whole thread to off-topic, because it's going to be a big effort to cleanly separate things.

I'd think the easiest would be to go the other way. Move the entire thread to OT, and then moving back the relevant bits later.

Why keep the thread alive and continue with the drama in the off-topic section? Just close it. If Kumaki thinks it is needed to follow up on this one, she can create a new thread and copy / paste relevant info.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back