Drama between Kumaki and ZXDunny (from: "Easy" RPG - Having NOTHING But Trouble [HALF-SOLVED])

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkshake

Advanced Member
This thread was split away from http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12653-easy-rpg-games-not-quite-working-help-anyone/

(- _wb_)

Is it me or do all your posts contain CAPITAL letters? Do you really need to emphasise many words in your posts with capital letters? Why not try making words bold instead? Or maybe only emphasise words when you have to? Instead of what appears to be for the sake of it? Sorry for the rant but it's kinda getting to me a little don't mean to offend you. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thanks for your help, Milkshake.

Sorry, but these things really frustrate the hell out of me, when you follow the directions and it still doesn't work.

I think the main problem here is that the caps-shift key is so much easier than having to type all those square-braces and "b" characters, with terminal "/b" and whatnot. Add in some colour and maybe some italics and you've got some real keyboard gymnastics going on.

So the shouting occurs because she feels emphasis is needed, and it takes way more work to bold some text than it does to just lean on the caps-shift key. If she's really lazy (and I've witnessed this first hand), she may even hit caps-lock for the duration of the word and then turn it off again.

Even more worrying is the apparent need for so much emphasis. Neither your nor my posts, Milkshake, have much emphasis included due to the style of writing - we can craft our words such that it's hardly necessary. I have indeed noticed that kumaki may have a language problem which results in too much shouting.

So in short, we need forum software that allows her to be both less "shouty" (by reducing workload) and more eloquent.

Suggestions, anyone?

D.

No, I did not alter it.

two places, capitals are used for emphasis.

But caps were not excessively used there, I did not think.  But some folks seem dead determined to nit=pick everything I do, just because I'm an idiot with these things.
Well, I don't think anyone was actually nit-picking - Milkshake was expressing his distaste for a post that comes across as being a bit... well, educationally sub-normal... And I was trying to be helpful in analysing what the root cause of your perceived problem might be and asking for suggestions as to what we as a community can do (if anything) to help you.
After all, if someone from a prospective employer (your life of self-employment is statistically unlikely to succeed for long in this economic climate) goes hunting for your past life on the internet and finds your posting history then I suspect it would be rather embarrassing and does come across as representing a very violent and aggrressive person.

As you state quite adamantly and most strongly that you are not that sort of person, I'd have thought that addressing this problem would be top priority for us as forum dwellers.

Apologies all round if this isn't the case and you really are the sort of person you come across as!

D.

The only issue I have with Kumaki's emphasis use is that most of the time the words she is emphasising do not need it. It almost suggests the person reading the post may not understand the meaning of that word unless it's in capital letters.

For example I have no problems understanding the words "does" or "after" so why emphasise them unless you truly feel there will be some misunderstanding.

I told you all.. I just plain get crazy when things I don't understand...don't work they they are supposed to...after I followed the directions.  ok?

Now get off my back, please.

If you aren't going to contribute anything directly helpful to the topic at hand, please refrain.

Thank you.

And ZXDunny?  You REALLY said something that just went way over the line.  I didn't report you...but I DID send you a PM about it.

why must you continue to hound me and nit-pick me...and offer nothing actually pertinent to the topic at hand?

I mean, if you can't contribute something actually useful to the topic at hand, maybe you should just keep your thoughts to yourself...or maybe share them in a circle of Kumaki-haters who want to hear it.  I don't.

I was being nice. I really was. You obviously have a problem - there's been a lot of discussion about you recently. I was honestly trying to help.

Then I get this in my PM box:

Kumaki said:
My self-employment is doing just fine, and will continue to do so, as my business happens to be recession proof.

My clients are doctors. People go to see doctors in good and bad economic times.

doctors generally are not affected by bad economy.

and my current client (I have only one at the moment as I am startup) who had signed an initioal three-month trial contract with me...just signed up now for a full year.

So you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

so quit acting all smug and superior and forecasting doom and gloom for me. I have no time to listen to your pabulum puking.
Please don't go trying to edit this out or delete the post - if you send me a private message then the contents of that are mine to with as I please - and I will publish them publicly.
This is what I get for trying to help you? Really? Regarding your business - no business is recession-proof, regardless of your client base. It was just a piece of advice, but I'm afraid that your awful prejudices against me are preventing you from recognising it as such, and you have my pity.

Why can you just not get along with people?

D.

I was being nice. I really was. You obviously have a problem - there's been a lot of discussion about you recently. I was honestly trying to help.

Then I get this in my PM box:

Kumaki said:
My self-employment is doing just fine, and will continue to do so, as my business happens to be recession proof.

My clients are doctors. People go to see doctors in good and bad economic times.

doctors generally are not affected by bad economy.

and my current client (I have only one at the moment as I am startup) who had signed an initioal three-month trial contract with me...just signed up now for a full year.

So you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

so quit acting all smug and superior and forecasting doom and gloom for me. I have no time to listen to your pabulum puking.
Please don't go trying to edit this out or delete the post - if you send me a private message then the contents of that are mine to with as I please - and I will publish them publicly.

This is what I get for trying to help you? Really? Regarding your business - no business is recession-proof, regardless of your client base. It was just a piece of advice, but I'm afraid that your awful prejudices against me are preventing you from recognising it as such, and you have my pity.

Why can you just not get along with people?

D.
Why can't YOU?

No, you're right...I DON'T like you.

So you can take your "advice"...and peddle it somewhere else (I'd have said something else but I am trying to be polite here)

And I will point out that - publicly posting a PM is a very bush-league thing to do - and shows YOUR level of maturity.

I posted what I did in PM to you only because I did not wish to further clutter this up.

Now, again...I ask you to LEAVE this topic, if you have nothing to contribute that is pertinent to the original question.

And if you fail to heed this polite request, I WILL report you.  Because I have had all I can tolerate of you.

Kumaki please please think about your emphasis - I really am not trying to offend you but you capitalised 5 words in that last post that probably did not need to be emphasised.

I know its probably just my issue but its driving me crackers :p

I agree with klapse and also like to add that publishing personal messages in a public forum is imo vile behaviour. You really shouldn't do that without permission from the sender. 

Well if It does seem like i've been nit picking I'm sorry.

If its in your nature to want to emphasis your words (even if they don't need to be emphasised) then that's your call, ill try and restrain my self.

I agree with klapse and also like to add that publishing personal messages in a public forum is imo vile behaviour. You really shouldn't do that without permission from the sender.
Fuck the sender. Anyone that sends messages to someone relinquishes their ownership of that message - that's backed up by law, and is the reason that those clauses you get on official emails (such as "This email is intended for the recipient only..." etc) are unenforceable.
I shall do what I like with text I own.

D.

Invoking my rights!

Love the sender :wub: . Anyone that sends messages to someone they love :wub: relinquishes their ownership of that message - that's backed up by love :wub: , and love  :wub:   is the reason that those clauses you get on official love :wub: emails (such as "This email is intended to be love  :wub:   for the recipient only..." etc) are unlovable :wub: .

I shall love :wub: what I like with text I love :wub: .

D.

Invoking my rights!

Love the sender :wub: . Anyone that sends messages to someone they love :wub: relinquishes their ownership of that message - that's backed up by love :wub: , and love  :wub:   is the reason that those clauses you get on official love :wub: emails (such as "This email is intended to be love  :wub:   for the recipient only..." etc) are unlovable :wub: .

I shall love :wub: what I like with text I love :wub: .

D.
Love it! :wub:
D.

Does anyone here see that ZXDunny is intent on harrassing me at every possible turn?

I think it is time for his little campaign to stop.
I fail to see how my latest post (in reply to Pickle, no less) is in any way harrassing you. Indeed, I am starting to get the feeling that you're targeting me rather than the other way around, as you've said on a number of occasions you have nothing more to say to me (on any subject if I'm not mistaken) and yet here you are firing both barrels at something that wasn't aimed at you.
I would implore you to desist for your own sake - your reputation really is taking a tarnish now.

D.

YOU are the one who continues to follow me from thread to thread, and offering nothing but criticism of me...and nothing helpful or pertinent to the original topic.

Look at your own history on this thread, for example.  Have you offered one shred of help?  Have you offered anything pertinent to the topic?  Have you had nothing but criticism for me?

I'm sorry, but I believe, good sir, it is your perceptions that are now warped...not mine.

I have only responded to you in these threads in a polite manner asking you top please leave me alone...and to quit shotgunning criticisms of me in threads I have started...and offering nothing in the way of help or otherwise even relating to the topic for which the htread was started.

I have continued to be polite and patient with you in public, but you are really pushing the limits of my tolerance.  even to the point where - in order to head off anythign further, I sent you a fairly civil and polite PM...which you, in a rather bush-league manner, decided to post publicly.

Others here in this thread have even called you out for this action, telling you it is in poor taste.

In spite of my being civil, polite, and patient with you...asking you to contribute something useful to the thread's original topic - you have persisted in your negative behavior towards me.  And I ave continued to tolerate it.

Now, once again, I politely ask you to stop it, and just leave me be.

If you have something of value to contribute, which relate's to the thread's original topic, by all means do so.  Otherwise, please find somewhere else to hang out.  I am not going to ask you nicely or politely again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back