"Easy" RPG - Having NOTHING But Trouble [HALF-SOLVED]

If you want to PM me your email, I can just as easily send you the zip files.

That is easier than looking for them on the web again, lol
On the other hand linking to the files on the web would let other people also try them out. What are the filenames and or game titles? I can google them for you.

(EDIT: these are freeware, right?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's a shame she's got me on ignore really. Ah well. I've solved her problem:

easyrpg_pandora.jpeg

1. Run EasyRPG player without adding any data. It creates folders etc.

2. Quit the pickle launcher that appears.

3. Install the two zip files into the /media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/easyrpg/data/rtp/2000 preserving the parent folders in the zips.

(note that one of the zips is self-contained, the other needs to be in a folder).

4. Install the font by unpacking it into each of the two folders you created

5. Run EasyRPG.

6. Navigate to the root, then into /media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/easyrpg/data/rtp/2000/<game data folder>

7. Select the ".ldb" file

Play!

Have to admit that I really only followed the instructions on the repo. But there you go. Not sure you really need the folder structure mentioned tbh, but I thought it couldn't hurt.

D.

No, I got as far as getting it to work...but then some graphics problems messed it up.  Maybe I didn't do the install the same way, but...I'm not sure I understood the directions.

I need to know EXACTLY what the name of each file is...and EXACTLY where I put it.

Do I unzip it or leave it in a zip?

And where do I put it?

OK...here's what I mean...

I run Easy RPG to create the appdata folder.

Now..create data folder in there

inside the data forlder create rtp

inside rtp folder, create 2000 folder

NOW...

the RTP comes in a zip.

I ASSUME I unzip it to appdata/easyrpg/data/rtp/2000

This end up creating another rtp folder...inside of 2000 folder, and puts all the stuff in there.

NOW...the zip for Dragon Warrior 4 Renaissance??  does it stay zipped?

If so, where do you put it?

Does it get unzipped?

If so, where do you unzip it?

And then...what all do I need to do to make it work?

Seriously...the instructions above were just not detailed enough for me to follow.

I sincerely need step-by-step hand holding to get this right.

Can someone please help me out and give me the guidance I need to solve this?

Because, right now, I do not know if the graphical problem I was having...is a result of putting things in the wrong place...or if Easy RPG just plain won't run this one right.

On the DW4Renaissance game...I can talk to all the teachers.

I cannot make any slimes appear to fight in the battlegrounds with the one teacher.

The SAVE function doesn't work.

And when I get to the hall where the awards ceremony is supposed to happen...I try to climb stairs and disappear bihnd them, and then am stuck there.

This is the graphical problem I am having.

And you can't run the Intro, you have to skip the Intro...because it crashes Easy RPG.

At least, this is the result I got when I had it "working" - and I use that term loosely because it was not really working in the sense that you could not actually play...because of the graphical error I described above.

As far as I know Easy RPG is in its alphas stage and isn't even close to being finished I've been wanting to play Final Fantasy endless nova but it has tons of bugs and crashes. I was under the impression that most stuff won't work properly yet , and I'm not getting my hopes up as this has been in the alpha stages for a couple of years.

As far as I know Easy RPG is in its alphas stage and isn't even close to being finished I've been wanting to play Final Fantasy endless nova but it has tons of bugs and crashes. I was under the impression that most stuff won't work properly yet , and I'm not getting my hopes up as this has been in the alpha stages for a couple of years.
This. The problems our dear leader is having are to do with EasyRPG being broken. The games won't even start if the files are in the wrong place - they'll be unavailable and thus not loaded at all.
As for file locations, Kumaki has them in the right place (it doesn't matter where you put them, contrary to the info on the repo - I can run them from the root of my SD card), and all the files must be unzipped. Just make sure you unzip the mentioned "fonts" into the rtp's folder - retaining file structure, naturally.

D.

Like I said...I can get so far as to get the thing to run...but I don't know if the bugs and crashes are a result of improper install...or if they are because Easy RPG is no damn good. or what.

As has been said above: It is alpha quality software, so I wouldn't hope too much.

You could always try to contact the original author/porter of said software and inquire as to any further developing and improvements. Maybe put out a "bounty" ($$$) of some sort?  Worth a shot, if it's really important to you.

I have tried contacting the original porter.  No result.  Haven't heard a word.

If the two games I REALLY WANT...can't work on Easy RPG, then I do not want it.

So then this problem is solved, isn't it?

If you are not happy with the quality of an alpha port, don't use it.

Plain and simple :)

So then this problem is solved, isn't it?

If you are not happy with the quality of an alpha port, don't use it.

Plain and simple :)
Shouldn't we close it then? I think we've all achieved something with this thread. It's always nice when the OP gets their answers and we as a community learn about those we interact with. A nicely done job all round, everyone - give yourselves a pat on the back!
D.

When you reinstalled did you delete the appdata folder first?  Maybe something got borked in there.

It could simply be a compatibility issue for the particular game you are trying too.  If I remember right it works with RPG Make 2000 games, so games made with newer versions of RPG Maker might not work.

Back