dragonbox.de stock?

IsAre the Japanese Pandora's firmware in Japanese now? Did not know that, but makes total sense.

At any rate, it's all the same hardware, if the language is a problem then just download the regular firmware and reflash to English.

Last edited by a moderator:
The product descriptions have english and the shopping cart is easy enough to navigate without knowing Japanese. To fill in your information is a bit tough.. but I could translate each field individually by copying and pasting the fields into google translate.

But yeah, Link's shop is located in the US and he has 1Ghz units.. so that simplifies that greatly. The Japanese shop has cool boxes though.. either way works.

You can get Pandoras from Japan too (^-^)
But they are all in Japanese and I can't read Japanese.   I know I can kind of navigate blindly but would be easier if there's an option for English language.
You are wrong. They support japanese input and output but you can easily turn it back to english without reflashing.

The site ordering system does not support both languages so the order page is in japanese only.

You know, when you are not sure about something its better to ask questions than to spread false information.

But they are all in Japanese and I can't read Japanese.   I know I can kind of navigate blindly but would be easier if there's an option for English language.
You are wrong. They support japanese input and output but you can easily turn it back to english without reflashing.

The site ordering system does not support both languages so the order page is in japanese only.

You know, when you are not sure about something its better to ask questions than to spread false information.
What false information?  I was referring to the website (not the Pandora itself) being only Japanese.  But hey! It's actually good now that I (and probably loads of others) know that the Pandora you sell support Japanese input and output.

Just a side note, you're like my old grandpa who gets cranky all the time for little stuff  :)

What false information?  I was referring to the website (not the Pandora itself) being only Japanese.  But hey! It's actually good now that I (and probably loads of others) know that the Pandora you sell support Japanese input and output.

Just a side note, you're like my old grandpa who gets cranky all the time for little stuff  :)
Sorry, I thought you were refering to the system and not the website - I was confused by WizardStan's post following yours.

Yeah I get annoyed by certain posts of yours and EssoAir sometimes :) But in this situation, Ok, I was wrong. 

I was Izzy Stradlin the fence about ordering a Pandora or waiting for a possible successor.  Pandoralive convinced me not to wait.  I wanted to order, but there was an announcement of only so many Pandoras being made.  Should I just try to order anyway??  I don't want to fall outside the number and have my funds end up in the galaxy of Limbo or on Third Earth.  Doushiyou??  *clears throat*  What to do?

I don't want to fall outside the number and have my funds end up in the galaxy of Limbo or on Third Earth.
You are on the safe side with ED, as soon as there is no more available, he won't take orders anymore.

Please never compare OpenPandora ltd. (the money grave) with OpenPandora Gmbh, ED is an honourable person and you have nothing to fear there.

There are still plenty left, should be about 900.

Atm he has got 6 Classic Pandoras for 239,00 € in the shop (I paid more than 300€ for a used one in the old inferior case back then),

but there still are parts for quite some hundreds, although not after these.

Jushin Thunder Liger!  I wanted the ghz version, so I can't order from the dragon's gate.  Bonaduce!  Is the US  place cool?  I don't want to have to go to Mordor singing weird songs and eating ravenously.  I just want to shave most of my head hairs, point at my computer, and say "make it so."

p.s.  Holy mackerel!  That security check is a real hum dinger!  It takes me so long to post....so long.  Go go gadget security check decoding goggles!

ithic.com is great, 4 more 1 GHz Pandoras back in stock on Monday, and early December finally back in stock in huge numbers, thanks to hundreds of new PCBs and LCDs :)

For any doubters, I gotta say get it.  I have the classic version, its a damn fine computer with awesome gaming capabilities.  Even if its now approaching its twilight years (I'm a late adopter), the software library is huge, and apparently whatever successor that ED has in mind will use the same format so software will be backwards compatible. 

Will there be any 1ghz editions available from dragonbox before Christmas? I really would like to get one as a present!

Hopefully those 1GHz boards arrived last week, so it's just a matter of assembling them.  Mind you the site still says out of stock, so I don't know whether he got the boards late in the week, or at all.

The bare boards are going to GC, they are assembling and flashing them.

When I get the stuff, I'm getting the full units.

Back