DragonBox Coding Competition: Logo needed :)

Already made my choice:

splash.png

Ok it's "tomorrow" now :D Here the flaming dragon with gothic font:

dragonboxlogosmallnew8_zpsc2843d59.png

With the brown/grey contrast i think this looks more consistant than the red/yellow contrast on the above version. Is the "coding competition" text size ok or should i make it smaller? What do you think?
This looks great and I'm going to use this image. I'm not a big fan of gothic fonts, but this one is nice, except for the "E" and "T", which look weird to me: those thin vertical lines look strange and ugly in my opinion, especially on a black background on the Pandora screen (those lines look like glitches in the image because the screen is small).

The gothic font was a request by Linux-SWAT, so thank him. ;)

And you're right about the "T". Unfortunately this was the only gothic font I found which was passably readable. Perhaps I should have done a little bit more searching. But now i think it's too late, because the logo is already at the forums front page. So I will leave it like it is now. And besides this "T" thing I'm quite happy with the logo. :)

It's never too late to improve things. No need to change the font, just manually erase those thin lines from those "T"s.

Also a thin border/shadow on the dragon might be better (esp. on white backgrounds).

Yes this are different sized versions of the official logo. You can use one of them!

i've taken on of them and "modified" it to my needs: https://github.com/crowriot/apkenvui/blob/master/res/logo.png ... dont know if it's allowed to use a grayscale version. but well, i just did it :p
I think it should be ok. Since it's still the logo just without colours :D

It's never too late to improve things. No need to change the font, just manually erase those thin lines from those "T"s.

Also a thin border/shadow on the dragon might be better (esp. on white backgrounds).
Hey _wb_ I'm so sorry about that i couldn't fulfill your request yet. I was so busy due to university stuff in the last weeks. Will make the changes this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here a slightly fixed version of the official logo based on the request from _wb_!

dragonbox logo normal fix.png

Back