Doubled forums

mali is one example of many others and nova was one of the mods who stands behind mali. Craigix want to control, what happenend and doesn't get the feeling that any mod could change his posts. I don't think, that cragix will be in the near future mod/admin of the gp32x board, isn't it?

mali is one example of many others and nova was one of the mods who stands behind mali. Craigix want to control, what happenend and doesn't get the feeling that any mod could change his posts. I don't think, that cragix will be in the near future mod/admin of the gp32x board, isn't it?

I want to make it clear that I do not stand behind Mali's recent posts. I also do not agree with the practice of editing a member's posts (whether or not Mali did this, I genuinely don't know).

I want to make it clear that I do not stand behind Mali's recent posts. I also do not agree with the practice of editing a member's posts (whether or not Mali did this, I genuinely don't know).
I tend to prefer editing posts (as long as some evidence of it is given - "edited to remove xxx," say) to deleting them outright, since when posts or threads are completely deleted it often leaves me wondering what happened (with the exception of spam). Whether or not Mali was justified, though, the fact remains that he's only one of several moderators - if anyone has a serious issue, there are much better ways of resolving it than to secede from the community.

Funny you do not seem to notice in anyway that this is less about you, but more about how you are splitting the community, simply because of your feud with some guys from gp32x? I wonder if you even read what i wrote.

Craig doesn't have the power to split a community. Nobody has.

If a community is strong, they will stick to one place. You've seen that with the openhandhelds forum (which had just been created because gp32x.de had server problems).

Every user will decide for himself which board he wants to visit.

If he feels home in gp32x.de, he will go there and the other way round.

Yes, it will split members among two boards - but it will most probably only split the members who have differences with each other. So the fightings will probably stop on both sides.

No one is forced to visit one of the boards - it's your option.

Most development talks happens in IRC and not on the boards - and I'm sure that new releases will see threads on both boards as well.

Well, he also doesn't want to stay mod / admin here either.

He said to me from the very beginning he wants to become a normal user once everything is setup here properly.

Last edited:
Well, he also doesn't want to stay mod / admin here either.

He said to me from the very beginning he wants to become a normal user once everything is setup here properly.

okay, but now, he knows and is able to decide, who is mod and who not.

is anyone else starting to think that craig needs Jacqueline to speak on forums on his behalf?

is anyone else starting to think that craig needs Jacqueline to speak on forums on his behalf?

No i like his raw style, actually I don't even understand how some people can be so emotional over stuff like that.

The pandora's history started on GP32x that's great, now the project has dedicated official support resources.

How can that be bad? I don't get it.

No i like his raw style, actually I don't even understand how some people can be so emotional over stuff like that.

The pandora's history started on GP32x that's great, now the project has dedicated official support resources.

How can that be bad? I don't get it.
Human nature. One invests so much on his self-image seeing it fitting in an environment that he doesn't want anything to change because their self-image would lack an emotional support. It's all imagination but I dare to say that's the origin of all wars and bad stuff between us humans.

Exactly. But I think the Pandora (and definitely the ICP) needed some official forums. As ED mentioned, people would confuse GP32X for official forums which wasn't the best solution.

Also, I love your avatar ED!

A while back I was a member of the trueSpace4ums, a forum dedicated to trueSpace. It was a fairly thriving community, people helping others, etc. It was good. The only thing is it lacked funding, so it had to be ad-supported and such.

Then Caligari (makers of trueSpace) decided to open their own forums on their site. Pretty much everyone eventually jumped ship, and I was one of those left with a sour taste in his mouth because I had been a fairly large contributor to the trueSpace4ums.

Caligari's forums sucked, format-wise, but with the forums being hosted on Caligari's own site, users already knew where to go to get support, talk about the program, suggest improvements, etc. In the end it was ultimately a better move, even if it screwed some people over.

Craig's move may have been partly fueled by some awful behind-the-scenes crap, but for purchasers and users of Pandora and ICP, this more centralized forum will likely be a better move for everyone in the long run.

Edit: found a typo. And I fixed it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubled whining posts about splitting up forum communities - causing more headaches and headaches.

When I think about it, I dont understand why some folks would get upset. We should have had our own forum since launch to keep it all together rather than using someone else's back yard. The Pandora is really a stand alone system by its design and Craig did the logical thing in my opinion.

Back