Doubled forums

JePP

Hello everyone,

so now on these fresh new boards, which seem to be intended to be used parallel to the GP32x boards, there are sections like: General Talk (Pandora), Pandora Dev and Beta Testing (Pandora) which all exist in the exact same way on GP32x.

My question, why? Why in the world do I need to check both forums for the exact same content?

I can clearly see where the iControlpad forums come from, as it doesn't fit into GP32x. I support this 100%.

I do also fully understand and support the concept of an official Support Forum right here on these boards, even though it confuses me a bit: Are only answers of Craig, ED etc. "official" answers or what? What if notaz makes an argument, what about dflemstr? Where's the line between official-"I fully trust this and you'll be held responsible if this doesnt work out"-material and the unofficial-"Oh hey great idea i'll check this out, but I know you're just a customer and it probably won't work out"-material ? Anyway as said it's worth a shot and if this gets cleared up, it could work out nicely.

BUT: The same sections on two different boards is complete nonsense to me.

In my opinion, we should completely scrap Pandora Dev and Beta Testing and even General Talk (Pandora), as for all that, you should be redirected to the fanboards, GP32x. Let this be a clean Support Forum for Pandora newbies, but let the grown Pandora devs, endusers and fanboys speak up and party in GP32x, not here.

Fill this with FAQs, HowTo's, Tips, Problems solving etc. but don't duplicate!

As skeezix put it:

I doubt it will split the community; I think the community stays _here_ [GP32x boards]; this is its home base.

The new boards are the official Pandora forum, and iControlPad forum; its not a community forum per se, its a support place, official news outlet, etc. Theres some overlap (unfortuantely), but most of the real action will still be here. Its going to be hard to monitor all these places

jeff

If this is how it's thought to be, than scrap the mentioned sections, once and for all, before it fills, before it's too late.

Over and out.

Last edited by a moderator:
the pandora section on gp32x is malis board and here is craigx forum.

mali's forum... heh. I'd like to see your reaction when someone quotes

a) a private message from you

b.) incomplete, out of context

c) in his signature

I'd freak out, too. And I can see why craig wants his "own" forum. Can't stand attitude, can he.

Maybe we could see that b.) won't be turned into B.) (without the full stops) and therefor into a smilie, thanks.

the pandora section on gp32x is malis board and here is craigx forum.

That would mean that there is absolutely no logical thought behind making this forum (i.e. creating an official pandora place, creating a home for icontrolpad users), it's just born out of an enormously ridiculous sandbox fight between two (or maybe three with Nova, not sure about him) high-profile members out of a community that holds thousands.

That would be shameful for both Craig and mali (+ nova), as for dragging the innocent community into their meaningless differences.

But this also shows how weak the community can be, AND it shows that there is no working democracy in it.

[one of possible solution ideas for this weird scenario]

Maybe there should be an appeal to boycott this board while at the same time holding a poll about unmodding mali and maybe also some action on Nova (as said, no idea what he's done). That way the three would be (or would not be, as a failed poll about unmodding mali could result in the end of the boycott) punished (no more mod status for mali, no more dictator board for craig) and the community would be back at peace and unity.

But... as said, if this poll would fail or if Craig in return would boycott GP32x, then we'd back to square one.[/one of possible solution ideas for this weird scenario]

This is the Pandora forum, I no longer have anything to do with gp32x.

If you want to argue then argue on gp32x please.

Why boycot these boards when the old boards are not fit for purpose? It seems fine to keep the old board for a general whining area, but this seems to be the best place for moving forward. There is no need to watch both...

This is the Pandora forum, I no longer have anything to do with gp32x.

This is extremely ignorant Craig, and you know it.

Read my last post, if this is all because of your feud with mali (or nova), then it is absolutely unjust to 1) drag the community in this and even not to 2) let the community decide to solve this, i.e. maybe punish mali and you. With your "punishment" not being much more than wishing you to return to GP32x, probably, and some reminder to insult less and think more.

I wonder if you even acknowledge that not only mali, but also you did something wrong?

- You overreacted by creating this board without questioning the community

- You pasted excerpts of a PM, a private message, which was supposed to stay that way.

- Maybe you were unfair to mali, as seen in this closed thread; there seems to be confusion about the extent of the PM conversation.

You could be very helpful by asking mali if you too are okay to paste the PMs contents to the community or a trusted person (i.e. ED) in order for this person to judge who went too far and what was unjust in the conversation and what not.

Then you could for example agree to a poll on GP32x to unmod mali and whatever the result, you could pledge to return with the poll set.

One way or another, you can be sure that mali will not touch your signature any more, at least if you don't post PMs in it.

Why boycot these boards when the old boards are not fit for purpose? It seems fine to keep the old board for a general whining area, but this seems to be the best place for moving forward. There is no need to watch both...

Because 1) GP32x is not a "general whining area" , there are loads of productive threads which are pushed back now by this stupid feud and even more the creation of this new board and it's broken out war

and 2) GP32x has history. You seem to want to destroy GP32x because it bears no meaning to you, but for me and many many other longtime users... My account there is seven years old and with Chip we had this "hey let's start a new clean board" already, and it failed utterly, because of the reason that people just don't want to see their old but awesome shining boat sink. Now that this is actually born out of a childish beef makes this board even more vulnerable than Chips attempt, who had more righteous reasons than Craig ("a new clean place" > "something where mali doesn't hunt me and where i can be king").

This is edited by Craig:

Please take your argument back to gp32x. We're not even going to let this start here. Thanks.

Please just stop this here. It's not what this new forum needs or is about. Please try to look forward.

Please just stop this here. It's not what this new forum needs or is about. Please try to look forward.

This is complete ignorance and it makes me sad. You keep your ears shut with your hands because you don't want to discuss and by this come to a logical conclusion, you'd rather stop thinking, shit on the community's feelings and keep the feeling "I am completely right". While you made the best handheld in the world, you seem to not even want to listen to criticism.

Oh, and I have this feeling you're going to close this thread or censor my posts.

PS: As my words don't seem to have an effect, I am really hoping for a strong statement from ED to stop this complete madness. Maybe Craig and Craig's fanboys and supporters of the complete pandora forum relocation from gp32x to here will listen to him more than to a noone like me. I am pretty damn sure ED is not on Craig's side for once.

This is the exact sort of thing we have moved away from. You know sometimes you can be in a relationship and it is so messed up one day you just walk away from it and just want no contact with it anymore?

That's what happened here. You have no idea of what went on behind the scenes for a long time.

So please just respect my wishes and let this stay on gp32x. It's not like I've deleted gp32x, it's still there if you want it.

This is the exact sort of thing we have moved away from. You know sometimes you can be in a relationship and it is so messed up one day you just walk away from it and just want no contact with it anymore?

That's what happened here. You have no idea of what went on behind the scenes for a long time.

So please just respect my wishes and let this stay on gp32x. It's not like I've deleted gp32x, it's still there if you want it.

Funny you do not seem to notice in anyway that this is less about you, but more about how you are splitting the community, simply because of your feud with some guys from gp32x? I wonder if you even read what i wrote.

Of course I don't know what went on "behind the scenes" but hey, I see my community being split by some madman, I'm going to try everything to avoid it! It's like instinct. It's like dragging some fresh food from a hungry wolf, you steal my essentials, i'm going to snap off your hand with my teeth.

edit: Also, do you mean your relationship with GP32x in total? Fine, then walk away. Log out and keep yourself uptodate by other means. But don't drag half of the community with you, leave. us. alone.

Or do you mean with a couple of mods? Then adress that problem publicly and let your problems be discussed with the community. I am sure there would be a solution if you just wouldn't be so ignorant to any discussion at all.

Jepp, this is not about you either. As someone else said if people move to this forum then it was needed, if not then they wont. A company produces a device, and want an official forum for it. That's mainly the thing. No need for the insults and hatred projection. It's really sad to see how some people take everything personally and blame other people for their fears.

To be fair, Craig has split nothing. He's started an official pandora and icontrolpad forum that's linked into the Openpandora.org website. Both forums will exist, no one has to go anywhere, and the fact that there are still users on either "side" behaving like children absolutely blows my mind. Those that would like a more pandora-centric discussion will come here. Those that want more general discussion can go elsewhere. I personally think that having this official forum will make it much easier for OPT's customers to get help and such direct from the company they're purchasing their devices from. Crosstalk between these forums and any other forums about who's Right and who's wrong will do nothing but waste precious space that could be put to better use talking about the consoles.

TL;DR: Everyone shut up and focus on the games.

No need for the insults and hatred projection. It's really sad to see how some people take everything personally and blame other people for their fears.

But how I am not supposed to take this personally, if Craig decides to split the community (which affects you and me) for futile reasons? "Blame other people for my fears"? It's not a fear, it's a fact that the doubled forum subsections will split the community, as not everyone's up to checking both forums all the time. Also, should i blame myself or what? Last time i checked, it was Craig who created this board, not me.

Insults, btw, are words like "asshole" etc. I called Craig ignorant of discussion, because this is what he does - he tells me to stop argueing here, in a time where a lot is to be cleared up. How is that not ignorant, tell me please?

Also,

A company produces a device, and want an official forum for it. That's mainly the thing.

Nope, it's mainly the thing that Craig wants to get out of GP32x and take half the community with him.

If it was just about the official forum, he would simply delete the doubled subsections as i proposed in the first post here, and keep the Support and icontrolpad forums. I would be happy with this solution. That way, all other pandora related talk like beta testing etc. would go to the fanboards (gp32x). This is not the case, which means that Craig wants to effectively split the community. It is not like i have a dislike for this board in general (in fact i love the icontrolpad forum). But i do dislike that firstly, Craig wants to steal discussion from GP32x and put it in here instead and secondly, his whole reason for the creation here was personal, not community-minded. It's pretty selfish.

To be fair, Craig has split nothing. [etc.]

A practical example: You have beta testing here, and over at GP32x.

Now, dev 1 presents his new, totally awesome dreamcast emulator here, and not at GP32x, because he is too lazy to create two threads about it at two different boards.

How is the community not split up now? There will be users who migrate from GP32x to here. GP32x members will have to discover the thread and post about it on GP32x which will lead to users there reading posts from this forum, because, effectively, the beta discussion is not anymore on their gp32x page. The forum has been doubled and both beta testing sections from both forums will have to be checked thoroughly, by both sides, because neither can be sure that there's not news at the other side.

So by doubling the forum subsections, he effectively splits the community, to some degree.

Just take this back to gp32x please. I don't want to ban you, I don't want to delete the thread, I just want you to understand it's over.

@JePP: Maybe I can explain you, why craigx create his own board.

First of all, he is one of the creator of the pandora and he wants to give us support. But how can he do this efficiently? One solution would be to give pandora support on the gp32x board and he does it. But if there are moderators, who are changing your posts and your sig, than giving support is quite a little bit difficult and you can not trust on that, that no stupid mod change your post. That is really not a solution in a long time. I would also leave a board, when I was creating the most powerful handheld and the admins/mod call me a jerk. So, this is one of the best solutions. Now, he can give us support without any problems and I believe, that he will give us a new opportunity, to bring new ideas directly to the developers and creaters of the pandora. The Pandora community is falling deeper and deeper... it's time to change that. And Craigix does it!

I forgot something: If you really think, this is only a bad copy of the Pandora section of the gp32x board, than it should really be better, that you go back there. He only copies this structure, because he knows, that this structure works and changing a running system is not really a good idea. We really don't want any problems and not being associating with the gp32x board. Let us heading for the future and give our best, to bring the pandora to one of the best handhelds ever. It's time to change...

It's practical decision too, to have the icontrolpad forums under the same roof, and the rest of the devices OP will hopefully keep making. It would have happened sooner or later. Maybe it seems to you that the latest events are the real reason, but they just accelerated the natural process.

And about taking this (or anything, really) personally, it is a personal choice, and the more direct way to suffer oneself and stop being helpful toward others. Because when we feel hurt then -necessarily- we wont treat people fairly anymore, and we have the recipe for a perpetual conflict machine going on. There's nothing to defend, really. Enjoy the ride.

@JePP: Maybe I can explain you, why craigx create his own board.

First of all, he is one of the creator of the pandora and he wants to give us support. But how can he do this efficiently? One solution would be to give pandora support on the gp32x board and he does it. But if there are moderators, who are changing your posts and your sig, than giving support is quite a little bit difficult and you can not trust on that, that no stupid mod change your post. That is really not a solution in a long time. I would also leave a board, when I was creating the most powerful handheld and the admins/mod call me a jerk. So, this is one of the best solutions. Now, he can give us support without any problems and I believe, that he will give us a new opportunity, to bring new ideas directly to the developers and creaters of the pandora. The Pandora community is falling deeper and deeper... it's time to change that. And Craigix does it!

Hey, you know what?

Mali offered his Mod-dom in exchange for Craig not going ahead with his new plans. I do know this.

[later]

It appears that from tomorrow Mali will no longer be moderator.

His feud was with Mali, now this will be all over, the mod problem is gone.

Unsurprisingly, this will not lead to Craig returning.

Which is unfair to Mali.

My theory is, that this is also why Craig wants to stop all argumentation now: He just prefers to be an admin, without any confrontation from overly motivated mods. As this would not sound good, he rather not speaks about it. It seems to be less about Mali than I thought, he seems to have been more of a good reason to get this thing rolling. And the last reason of this board is to create a good starting point for newcomers, this is really not what it's about (i.e. for that you could just keep the support & icontrolpad sections, this would prevent splitting).

Fine. We'll see where this ship sails. If this board gets one day more popular than GP32x, Cheers to the great dictator.

I for one will urge myself to not check this board too often anymore, and I hope there are any likely-minded people. GP32x is much more human to me.

Going to sleep now, byebye.

Back