Dosbox Game Test

Ahh wonderful! Are any of the games supose to run right out of the pack? I tried but they all went back to wiz menu. Im thinking that i have to download additional files for the games? Sorry, just got my Wiz for christmas so im a little lost.

Hoax, have you tried readme/instruction files? Trying DOSbox is probably NOT the best way to start with your Wiz, it's the most complex (and not working great yet) of emulators. Try something a bit easier like PicoDrive with megadrive roms, then when you get that going well, try something more complicated like UAE4All which is a bit more awkward to get set up, but is running MUCH better than DOSbox. You will have to read the instructions that come with these emulators to know where to put your roms and files.

If you are having trouble I'll help you out if you can, but really you should take a bit of time to get used to how things work on the Wiz, and DOSbox probably isn't something you're going to get working on your first second or even third attempt (took me 3 days to figure out windows notepad was making an arse of my startup scripts!).

I've been playing with it since Thursday and I still can't get DOSBox working right. DOSBox is just a mess. The SNES emulator is by far more functional and more user friendly, even if some games like Mortal Kombat don't work quite right :(

I havent tried anything yet. What, I need a gpe file to launch the .exe or dos files? How do I make it ? Am I supposed to use the duke nukem one provided?

Duke1 should work as-is. Load it on your SD card, then go to the Launcher and select Duke.gpe to play.

GoldenAxe said:
Duke1 should work as-is. Load it on your SD card, then go to the Launcher and select Duke.gpe to play.

So other games should work like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should, yes. Unfortunately, it's hit and miss. The DOSBox emulator for Wiz is very buggy. Duke1 is actually the only game I've gotten to be playable. Most games are too slow.

Sorry for the silly questions, but can i compile a game for DOS and get it work in dosbox on the wiz? And can i install Windows 95 on it like on the PSP? And how does dosbox handle key input on the wiz? Thanks

napco said:
Sorry for the silly questions, but can i compile a game for DOS and get it work in dosbox on the wiz? And can i install Windows 95 on it like on the PSP? And how does dosbox handle key input on the wiz? Thanks

Those are not silly questions. I have been testing many games and testing different configurations in an attempt to get them to work.

It's very difficult and many games don't seem to work. I was going to try Windows 1.1 but haven't gotten to it.

It seems that even for low spec games the chance of them working is hit or miss. For instance I have been attempting to get Slash'Em to work. The system requirements seem to be a 386 with 3MB of system ram. You would think that it would work but I haven't been able to get it working yet. So getting a program to work that you have compiled may prove difficult.

I wouldn't imagine that Windows 95 would work at all.

Key input is through a virtual keyboard that pops up in the left side.

Has anyone tried Screamer 2? That's my favorite old PC game of all time.

As for most other games, I would check to see if there is an Amiga release as UAE4ALL seems to work great - SWOS runs perfectly

a newb here, but I wanted to know if Wizardry 7 works with the DosBox on the wiz. If not perhaps you can look into my request.

Thanks B)

Hi Kasumi89,

I just downloaded your pack and saw Pinball Fantaisies, I can't keep waiting to test it but I'm at work and don't have Wiz with me :(

I tried to do my own files for another game, Space Quest 5, in french, but I didn't manage to do it. I tried with DosBoxBlast but when I lauche the .gpe, I have a black screen and then the Wiz menu. This was my first try with dosbox.

Could you help me ? Thank you :)

I downloaded the AITD pack and i can get to work a game :(

Start loading and then is goes back to the dashboard again.

Rivroner said:
I downloaded the AITD pack and i can get to work a game :(

Start loading and then is goes back to the dashboard again.

Which game? Or do you mean you can't get any to work?

Check your folder set-up because the DOSBOX folder should go in your GAME folder. Your game folder should be in the root of your SD meaning /game/dosbox

All the .gpe files are set for this path.

That´s the problem, i do not have put the dosbox folder into the game folder, thank you, later i will try in the game folder :)

I'm currently trying to get Test Drive 2 The Duel work. I duplicated the (already existing) test-drive-3.gpe and renamed to test-drive-2.gpe. Then I put Test Drive 2 into a folder called test-drive-2 and also copied the dosbox.conf to that folder. Then I changed the bottom line in dosbox.conf from TD3.exe to DUEL.exe and now it should work, but when I start the game the screen goes black and nothing happens. :(

Any ideas?

Hey all.. trying to get an old DOS CD game called Labyrinth Of Time working on DosBox. Anyone had any success with this one?

Hi Kasumi,

One question: did you manage to make "Spiderman" (or "The Amazing Spiderman" I really don't remember the title exactly, but it's for DOS) to run in DosBox?

Also, there's any chance "Johnny Bazookatone", "Gex" and "Baldies" to run propely (or run at all, at least?)

Thanks in advance =)

P.S. - for some reason, the link in your first profile is not opening for me (http://kasumi.pandoravault.de/packDE) I'm downloading the 1.8 version from a megaupload link in your post instead, at least for now ^^"

Hey guys, first time poster, I just got the Wiz last week and I tried to get Darkseed and Darkseed 2 to run today, for about two hours. Has anyone managed this? My .gpe and config files are technically as they should be. The Amiga emulator doesnt seem to open Darkseed either. Any advice would be hella appreciated

Back