Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

and new version is in repo..

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

Please delete dir TOOLS to use recent additional apps for dosbox ex [like modules ripper]

Whats new:

- Ripping music from dos games [Extra Options > Run modules ripper] [all ripped music will go into drive F:]

- Pop Up window [Right Mouse Button] in Game List with new options [eg. Directory size and more..]

- Updated readme.txt for DosBox EX.

- Few fixes [both versions..].. 

Last edited by a moderator:
TIP: 

How to RIP DOS games music using DosBox EX GUI [Donators Ed]:

- Download XIXIT game [freeware or shareware] [http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/30]

- Extract to DosBox EX games directory to XIXIT dir

- Run Ripper [ Extra Options -> Run Modules Ripper ]

- If ripper finds something [eg. Modules/Music files] press ENTER [keep pressing if ripper finds more]

- After finishing exit RIPPER and go back to GUI

- All ripped music will be in F: Drive and you can go to How to listen to DOS games music using DosBox EX GUI

- Small info: Just to make sure you have some spare space [min 10MB] for ripped tracks

- Small info: Keep in mind that not every dos game have music modules inside, but many ports from Amiga to PC could potentially have something..  

TIP:

How to listen to DOS games music using DosBox EX GUI [Donators Ed]:

- If you ripped some modules from previous game , just run JukeBox [ Extra Options -> Run Modules JukeBox]

- Choose F: drive and Enter on desired music module.

- Thats it 

Happy listening.. 

BTW. From some point in time, i'll write up how easily you can cheat in EVERY DOS game using DosBox EX.. [in both freeware and donators ed.]

You should have bin+cue instead of iso [with audiotracks info in cue file]. Automounting these will be included in next week in dosbox ex.
Any suggestions for a program to create bin+cue?

I only got programs for .img/.cue and .iso.
I use power iso, it create's automaticly bin + cue files when there is a audo track(s) en when not it creates a iso file and its an easy to use program.

You should have bin+cue instead of iso [with audiotracks info in cue file]. Automounting these will be included in next week in dosbox ex.
Any suggestions for a program to create bin+cue?

I only got programs for .img/.cue and .iso.
I use power iso, it create's automaticly bin + cue files when there is a audo track(s) en when not it creates a iso file and its an easy to use program.
true, PowerISO works even with linux+wine. 

How does the mapper work ?

When i make a custom mapper, it doesn't seem to save settings because when i go back to the menu i have a 'not found'.

I pick a key on the dos keymap, then on the pandora shoulders button, I have a message 'key:key_pagedown was mapped to key 305", then set keys and ok.

Am i doing wrong ?

I feared that, because I had the same problem today and think, that most people use xfce.

Could you please place the save button somewhere else like where "dosbox key to openpandora key" is now? It is more important than these.

If I got the problem with the small screen with other programs, I simply move the window up via LeftTrigger/Shift, but that does not work with this one.

greetings

I will try to modify slightly the buttons. 

btw. Mind that Dosbox is slightly slower while full xfce is running [compared to running it from MiniMenu]. Overall xfce slowsdown a little bit all apps like emulators, so its best to use emus in MiniMenu, especially more CPU + MEM demanding like mupen+mame+dosbox

New feats added [new build should be on repo in this week]

In virtual custom mapper:  

- Save and Close Buttons are better visible in XFCE

- Added an option to quick set [A/B] Buttons as MouseButtons in Virtual Custom Mapper 

- A/B Keys correction [fix]

In Main GUI

- Added an option to remove all prefixes/suffixes from game directory. 

(if you set a prefix / suffix in game dir for example '[Adventure].Maniac.Mansion.2.(fullgame)',  after clicking only 'Maniac.Mansion.2' remains.

- other fixes [smaller]

and another new feature:

In view screens:

- if game box art(s) found [front.jpg + back.jpg] in game directory, then you can view them as well in fullscreen game screen viewer [in attachment boxart from dosbox ex for Sango Fighter 2 game]

btw. Moby Games have tons of box arts , :D

xscreen.png

OK, to sum up:

New features in actual version:

In virtual custom mapper:

- Save and Close Buttons are better visible in XFCE

- Added an option to quick set [A/B] Buttons as MouseButtons in Virtual Custom Mapper

- A/B Keys correction [fix]

In Main GUI

- Install [freeware/shareware] games from DXZ file [ Game Here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15011-game-installers-for-dosbox-ex-ultimate//URL] ]

- Added an option to remove all prefixes/suffixes from game directory.

(if you set a prefix / suffix in game dir for example '[Adventure].Maniac.Mansion.2.(fullgame)', after clicking only 'Maniac.Mansion.2' remains.

- other fixes [smaller]

In view screens:

- if game box art(s) found [front.jpg + back.jpg] in game directory, then you can view them as well in fullscreen game screen viewer

Download: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

You just want me to donate again, right? :D

I didn't dare to ask for savestates, but... yeah!

I got Drilling Billy to start by doubling the amount of RAM in the extended configurations

(hopefully, I will not have to edit this everytime I start dosbox in the future at some point, like with the "aspect=true"),

but the active ISO is not recognized by the game, it still wishes a CD in drive "D", may this problem related to my file,

or is the virtual CD-drive not "D"?

Back