doom gama correction?

angrypants

GP OG
Is there any possability of a gamma correction option for the doom port. I must say that the port is spectacular. It was already pretty impresive but with sound and saves the game is simply amazing. The only problem is that even with a ton of light some of the levels are still abit too dark at points.

Craig's supposed to be adding the option in the next version, along with a a WAD selector and who knows what else

wow, thats great news from the man himself. I can't think of anything aside from gamma correction that could really make this thing any better now. Well I suppose music could be added and the ability to use cheat codes possibly some sort of menu that would let you turn on and off cheats like god mode and extra wepons would be sweet but that sort of thing would just be icing on the cake.

i remember trying to find a jump many years ago. but it just ddin't have it. maybe a jump could be added but thats just changing the whole doom experience really.

From memory (read: could be completely wrong...) one of the selling points for Doom2 was a 'jump' function.. but basically it was just "hold down RUN while moving towards a gap and you'll make it over" ... Im pretty sure there never was a jump key..

im sure doom 2 had exactly the same controls as doom. i don't see why they called it doom 2 it was really just doom with different levels and a few extra monsters. although doom 2 is still better imho

Well, the jump feature was never in Doom, so yes - it would change the experience of Doom 1 somewhat.

What it WOULD allow us, though, is to use zDoom WADs (assuming support for them is added eventually) which often require jump to work.

Which means games like Halflife and Goldeneye (possibly - I know there's lots of TCs, but the issue of memory might come into it). And *that*'s why the jump feature is important.

The addition of music would be great. Any chance to get music working in the upcoming version(s) ?

Hey craigix, I bought my gp32 off of you. Ha, I didnt know you ported doom. Thanks man, Love my gp32.

What are you going to port next, quake?

Back