A Good Heretic Port...

xSlipKoRnx

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Well, i know there is one port, but it just works with the shareware version, has no music or sound i think, no savestates...

Heretic is my favourite oldie game, and since i saw screenshots of heretic running in a GP32 at a friends house i just wanted that console called GP32. I have it for a year now, and would love a heretic port like the doom port (btw, doom port is PERFECT, congrats Craig). Well, i don't have any idea of code... is that hard to port the Heretic to GP32?

Sorry for my crappy engrish

It's pretty much the same game. Same ID Doom engine, with a few tweaks as far as I know. I'd say most of the work is already done by Craig for an equally perfect port.

Heretic / Hexen Source

Trouble is not that many people have the original game files anymore compared to those who have doom, so finding someone to modify Craig's work might be tricky. Plus getting hold of the GPDoom source hasn't been easy as far as I know.

I doubt anyone will have the motivation to do it from scratch, since most of it would be reinventing the wheel now GPdoom is completle, and it won't be as popular as Doom.

Hi,

It is sort of being worked on, but until gpdoom is well and truely finished it isn't going to be released.

No point in working on both at the same time when they are essentually the same game. Also a *big* issue was lack of buttons on the GP32, heretic used the whole keyboard of a pc for control.

Guyfawkes has now taken over main control/work on the GPdoom project, this brings the list of dev'ers on it to at least 4 for the GP32 version alone, and I have no doubt it will become nothing short of a perfect port.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Feb 9 2005 at 12:47 AM said:
Hi,

It is sort of being worked on, but until gpdoom is well and truely finished it isn't going to be released.

No point in working on both at the same time when they are essentually the same game. Also a *big* issue was lack of buttons on the GP32, heretic used the whole keyboard of a pc for control.

Guyfawkes has now taken over main control/work on the GPdoom project, this brings the list of dev'ers on it to at least 4 for the GP32 version alone, and I have no doubt it will become nothing short of a perfect port.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I've already told you, but, again...

I LOVE YOU :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back