Diary of a non-patient man

NekoAlvien

Still Fresh
Its day 4 of my wait since I upgraded my Pandora order...the fabric of time seems to have unravelled in this constant loop of checking e-mails for shipping confirmations and reading/watching reviews on various forums and youtube, I could swear I've been at this for weeks but the date reaffirms by disbelief its only been 4 days. My DSiXL taunts me with its similar size and shape, the bastard looks at me from across the room telling me that he transformed into a pandora by MAGICS! and that I should come and play with him....but I have fallen for his traps too many times now to trust it, that nintendo bastard...The sane part of my psyche wonders what will come from hurling abuse at an inanimate object but it is quickly overcome with its task of typing key pandora phrases into google to be much of a bother...

Sleep shall take me soon to shave off another 8 hours of waiting, it is a blessing to this monotonous drudgery without a sacred Pandora to blast away the darkness...perhaps tommorow....yes tommorow it might get shipped, however unlikely that might be I have to hope....don't I?

*sigh*

(End of Transmission.)

Last edited by a moderator:
4...days...

Oh man.

To be fair, the wait starts all over again when you upgrade. Seriously. You're able to keep it at bay if you're just waiting, but once you realise it's actually coming, time moves a thousand times slower; you curse the second hand as it pathetically leaps second... by second... by second....

Just wait until you get the shipping email, then you find out youre at work at the estimated delivery time, then when 7pm comes you get an email it will be arriving tomorrow because the driver left without your package.... exactly what happened to me, those last 24 hours, I was at my door ready to pounce like a dog awaiting his mailman fix.

Haha - I know the feeling. Knowing one is coming your way makes the short wait time become even longer than ever.

Stalking the email box waiting for an email with shipping confirmation.. :)

World News: OpenPandora.org seized in suspected drug trafficking, idiot police say users were at the post office acting like desperate addicts!

We need a poetry corner! (not for my post - for the OP's. That's well written.)

I upgraded mine a couple weeks ago, and it shipped last Tuesday. The day Craig's car caught on fire. So, my Pandora is somewhere between Tyneside and Ohio, but since my tracking number was lost in the conflagration, I have no idea when to expect it. Every time I hear a noise, I run to the window to see if it's the mail carrier, or UPS, or Pony Express. I don't even know what service it's arriving by.

MADDENING.

I'm glad I didn't have to upgrade after all. The pandora is a really good device. I wish there was a media player that did everything I wanted, but the emulator performance has been pretty good for the games I've tried. Wesnoth and Open Tyrian work perfectly and deadbeef is good enough on the music end for now.

There is some crash-happiness to Midori for me when using the stylus but that doesn't occur in Firefox. Occasionally I'll have to plug the unit in a few times via usb to get it to charge.

That's about the limit of my problems thus far, and I've been using the device on a bicycle and had it get tossed around a bit in my car from the quick stops and turns I sometimes take. :p

I'm glad I didn't have to upgrade after all. The pandora is a really good device. I wish there was a media player that did everything I wanted, but the emulator performance has been pretty good for the games I've tried. Wesnoth and Open Tyrian work perfectly and deadbeef is good enough on the music end for now.

There is some crash-happiness to Midori for me when using the stylus but that doesn't occur in Firefox. Occasionally I'll have to plug the unit in a few times via usb to get it to charge.

That's about the limit of my problems thus far, and I've been using the device on a bicycle and had it get tossed around a bit in my car from the quick stops and turns I sometimes take. :p
Welcome! Nice first post. The built in Midori is buggy I hear. Are you using this version?

4...days...

Oh man.

To be fair, the wait starts all over again when you upgrade. Seriously. You're able to keep it at bay if you're just waiting, but once you realise it's actually coming, time moves a thousand times slower; you curse the second hand as it pathetically leaps second... by second... by second....

Totally true for me as well, btw nice blog AA.

I upgraded mine a couple weeks ago, and it shipped last Tuesday. The day Craig's car caught on fire. So, my Pandora is somewhere between Tyneside and Ohio, but since my tracking number was lost in the conflagration, I have no idea when to expect it. Every time I hear a noise, I run to the window to see if it's the mail carrier, or UPS, or Pony Express. I don't even know what service it's arriving by.

MADDENING.

If it was one of the lost tracking numbers then my understanding is that that means it was sent by regular Royal Mail air mail. If it had been sent by UPS you would have received an email from UPS with the tracking number. As such, in your case I would expect it to be delivered by the USPS. Possibly late this coming week... probably the week after.

- Neelix

I understand how you feel. My fiance and I upgraded at just about the same time and have been obsessively checking, then rechecking for the shipment conformation ever since.

There was as large package on my porch yesterday when I got home from work. I was sure that it was either our Pandoras, or the four 16gb SD cards we ordered for them. The SD cards didn't make sense for the size of the box, so I convinced myself it had to be them--shipment conformation be damned. After psyching myself out for about two minutes, I exited my vehicle, walked to the front door, and saw that the package was sent from Arizona. At the height of my delusion, I thought "Oh, that's odd. I wonder if there is a shop in the USA that the OP guys never told anyone about." I called my fiance and told him that I thought they were here, and then I cautiously asked him if he had made any other orders. He had--it was our new-to-us water distiller. I had completely forgotten about it. I was crushed, yet slightly comforted by the SD cards that were hiding between the screen door and the front door.

And so we wait: preparing the SD cards for their new homes, watching videos, and conceptualizing the apparently never ending uses of such a nifty device; all the while chanting "I want my Pandora." As if that will make it come any quicker. ^_^

I just missed it! I got home today to find a card from the USPS saying that I need to sign for the package, but I got home just as the post office was closing.

No more two more years, no more two more months™, not even two more days. In 14 hours and 15 minutes, I'll be at the post office, right as they open, to pick up my Pandora.

SO EXCITED.

give me your address so i can come rob you, its only a <2hr drive

Wait, huh? did... who... what? did it came in the mail or are you still waiting?

Back