Release DeaDBeeF

Here is an easy way to add shoulder-button-support in deadbeef for skipping to next/previous song:

Edit the config-file of deadbeef which can be found at "<path_to_SDcard>/pandora/appdata/deadbeef/deadbeef/config" by adding the following two lines:

Code:
hotkeys.key1 Control_R: next

hotkeys.key2 Shift_R: prev

This is the same as configuring them through the global hotkey plugin, but which takes no modifiers when configuring it from deadbeed itself.

For a non-global-configuration (only when deadbeef is focused), I will try to browse, understand and modify the source-code. Can't promise that I will succeed. ;)

For me it worked. Of course that means that the original effect (Shift_R and Control_R) of the shoulder-buttons will be deactivated while deadbeef is running. Not sure what will happen in a game or similar, but either the buttons are deactivated there too, or you skip the songs while using them in addition to their function in the game.

Just to be sure: I wouldn't modify the PND to have them configured by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you work on making this player work with external soundcards/DACs? The only player that currently does this is Audacious, which keeps crashing and deleting my playlists and is generally worse than this awesome player. Shouldn't be too hard, the device just doesn't show up on the output list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you work on making this player work with external soundcards/DACs? The only player that currently does this is Audacious, which keeps crashing and deleting my playlists and is generally worse than this awesome player. Shouldn't be too hard, the device just doesn't show up on the output list.
Do you mean you have a USB Soundcard connected and it's not working with DeadBeef when it works with Audacious? Have you you tried the ALSA output?

Do you mean you have a USB Soundcard connected and it's not working with DeadBeef when it works with Audacious? Have you you tried the ALSA output?
I have a USB DAC (which is essentially a soundcard without the input function). With ALSA the device doesn't show up in the drop-down list in DeaDBeeF, and with OSS the drop-down is grayed out. It shows up in Audacious's list but when selected playing files throws an error. I have to use OSS to make it work, ALSA doesnt work.

Without the actual device to test, it will be hard to debug... Could you do some screenshot of the different cases (DeadBeeF ALSA and OSS, and Audacious OSS)?

Neat and capable little audio player, like it a lot. I was going over some of the plugins, and stumbled upon the last.fm scrobbler, which I cannot seem to get to work. I've put in my credentials and applied it but it won't scrobble to the website and my wifi is up and running as it should.

Neat and capable little audio player, like it a lot. I was going over some of the plugins, and stumbled upon the last.fm scrobbler, which I cannot seem to get to work. I've put in my credentials and applied it but it won't scrobble to the website and my wifi is up and running as it should.
Is there an error shown, or something in the pnd_out maybe ?

Alright. OSS output on Audacious looks like this, and works perfectly:

Audacious_OSS.png

Audacious with ALSA looks like this:

Audacious_ALSA.png

However, when trying to play using ALSA, it throws this error:

Audacious_ALSA_Error.png

With DeaDBeeF, the OSS plugin has the output device section grayed out:

DeaDBeeF_OSS.png

Couldn't snapshot it, but the ALSA plugin drop down box only has two options, "Default Audio Device" and "Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)".

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks for the screenshot. I'll try to understand why it is not working for other devices...

PS: The error you have in Audacious: "snd_pcm_hw_params_set_format" is an error when you try to use unsupported format. I have this kind of error when trying to use "Float32" with the internal hardware for example. I don't use Audacious, so I don't know, but maybe try forcing audio to use Signed 16 bits sample only (I found ALSA doesn't correctly report capabilities).

New build on the repo. Based on git source code, a (anoying) bug with the Artwork plugin is fixed. More plugins too. This is a full recompile, hope I didn't broke anything in the process.

Build 08

• Update sources from git.
  • Fixed  bug with Artwork plugin
  •  Add wavpack plugin

Slack don't like current code::block (I think it's since I switched to GCC 4.7.2). I still don't understand with lib make it segfault.

Back