Beta Deadbeef Compiled With Codesourcery Gcc 2010Q1

Hmmm... stll no desktop icon for me and the file I downloaded had only 12,9 mb is it really updated?

oops, updated the pnd, should be working now (cannot try because i fscked something up on my pandora so it simply shows the .desktop file, chmod +x doesn't help :|), and the pnd is compressed :) (squashfs)

CME said:
oops, updated the pnd, should be working now (cannot try because i fscked something up on my pandora so it simply shows the .desktop file, chmod +x doesn't help :|), and the pnd is compressed :) (squashfs)
There is still something wrong with your package : Mine packing the same feature as your's (beside the toochain) and is 3.5M of squashfs.
If only I could have finish my pnd_mount (for linux desktop) script I could check fast
(i don't have free time at home : musics festivals all around :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
CME said:
There is still something wrong with your package : Mine packing the same feature as your's (beside the toochain) and is 3.5M of squashfs.
If only I could have finish my pnd_mount (for linux desktop) script I could check fast
without ffmpeg its also only 3.x mb big, the ffmpeg.so.0.0.0 takes 22MB, seems like it puts all crap from libav* into the plugin (strings shows h264, all those colorconversionfunctions etc.), mhpf :(

edit: well, strip executed on the binary and all so's, the pnd is now 6.9MB big

CME said:
sebt3 said:
CME said:
without ffmpeg its also only 3.x mb big, the ffmpeg.so.0.0.0 takes 22MB, seems like it puts all crap from libav* into the plugin (strings shows h264, all those colorconversionfunctions etc.), mhpf :(
Hum sound like this plugins got the libav* as static so the linker added them instead of adding the pointer to the libav*.so libraries.
So this sound like you've build ffmpeg instead of just grabbing it's headers (to use the libav* from the codecPack)
Here is how I build ffmpeg last time I've done it :
Code:
./configure --enable-cross-compile --cross-prefix=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- --target-os=linux --cpu=cortex-a8 --arch=armv7l --prefix=/mnt/utmp/$PRJ --enable-shared --enable-pic
I guess you forgot the "--enable-shared" :)
I had the same behaviour with my firsts builds

CME said:
yeah, --enable-shared was missing, thanks :) , 3.5MB now
Now I've tried :
- The icon is still missing.
- The performance diff isn't realy noticable on cpu usage, but it still "feel" a bit faster
- libvorbis and libsamplerate are part of the codec pack (even if it should be in the base image: no patent on this) no need to include these in the PND

sebt3 said:
Now I've tried :
- The icon is still missing.
<icon src="./share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/deadbeef.png"/> this is what i set in the pxml now, did i miss something? :ph34r:
sebt3 said:
- The performance diff isn't realy noticable on cpu usage, but it still "feel" a bit faster
- libvorbis and libsamplerate are part of the codec pack (even if it should be in the base image: no patent on this) no need to include these in the PND
removed

CME said:
<icon src="./share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/deadbeef.png"/> this is what i set in the pxml now, did i miss something? :ph34r:
yep you miss something : the icons used is in fact the one that pnd_make append when using the '-i' option

CME said:
Cool, now your pnd is now smaller than mine but still pack the same feature, congrats :)

sebt3 said:
CME said:
yep you miss something : the icons used is in fact the one that pnd_make append when using the '-i' option
ahh, thx :) , now it works hopefully
sebt3 said:
CME said:
Cool, now your pnd is now smaller than mine but still pack the same feature, congrats :)
\o/

CME said:
ahh, thx :) , now it works hopefully
\o/

Congrats, your PND is now my default player.
So, I won't maintain this anymore.
Please upload your PND over mine on the FA (if It's not working please talk to ED)

As said, if you want me to introduce you to the dev, please PM me.

Ohh, and for the others, all these back and forth between CME and me is what it need to create a "quick" port...

CME said:
Might want to update the one on the File Archive too, maybe. ;)

bump, updated to 0.4.3., see first post, feel free to test it :)

Deadbeef comes with an Equalizer but without any presets for it. Seems to be pretty common in Linux Audio Players. Where can i find working .ddbeq files to have EQ presets for deadbeef?

Am I the only one who is experiencing one single stutter close to a songs ending? Seems to me that it's related to caching the next song. The status-bar also changes format for a second in this short gap. Beside that, there is sometimes (most of the times) one short, cracking sound when a new song starts. Sometimes louder, sometimes not so loud. Might be related to audio-output being enabled. Sounds as if an amplifier is turned on or it's volume quickly raised. This is quite annoying when listening to music. I am running my OS from SD-card with 500mhz. Tested this with the latest, freshly installed rootfs on an ext2-filesystem.

Beside these flaws deadbeef is my favorite player for the Pandora.

Back