Beta Zelda ... Kind Of

EvilDragon said:
Awww... that means I also have to stop for a while. It was fun so far :D
Unless you're willing to play without music. What exactly broke in the new version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Neko said:
EvilDragon said:
Awww... that means I also have to stop for a while. It was fun so far :D
Unless you're willing to play without music. What exactly broke in the new version?

The new version has music and remapped controls, which most importantly separate the item selection button from the item use button.

For whatever reason though, when you bring up the inventory in the new pnd you cannot switch between items in your inventory. In my case, I'm locked on the bow even though the fishing rod is sitting there in my inventory.

Ivanovic said:
@sebt3:
could you maybe upload the new version(s) to apps.openpandora.org or the software archive, too? I updated the Zelda 3T entry in the wiki, but your server is not the fastest and you might not want to have the load on it.
I don't care about the load on my server :p
And this is definatly beta version, nothing good for general comsumtion...

sebt3 said:
Ivanovic said:
@sebt3:
could you maybe upload the new version(s) to apps.openpandora.org or the software archive, too? I updated the Zelda 3T entry in the wiki, but your server is not the fastest and you might not want to have the load on it.
I don't care about the load on my server :p
And this is definatly beta version, nothing good for general comsumtion...
Pah, that is true for the very first release, too... ;)

Anyway, thanks for your work on those Zelda games so that we can run them on the Pandora. Have you had a look at replacing the button related dialogs so that instead of eg "space" the correct ones for the Pandora version are shown? Either doing it the hard way by replacing via sed or adding some extra defines and whatnot in there.

Ivanovic said:
Anyway, thanks for your work on those Zelda games so that we can run them on the Pandora. Have you had a look at replacing the button related dialogs so that instead of eg "space" the correct ones for the Pandora version are shown? Either doing it the hard way by replacing via sed or adding some extra defines and whatnot in there.

Yes, I was working on a few things like this (the others 2 ports does this, so their patches show what I have todo for this any way :p). But I'm currently pandora less, so my motivation is very low and my IRL is very heavy these days anyway, so...

Hi everyone,
Sorry for being ultra-late on this one.

So I rebased my source-code on top of hmn one.
This is using midi once again, if it freeze, let me know, we'll be back to IT format, but i'm using the same timidity patches as hmn and it seems to not lock.
The select item bug is gone.

I tried hard to add hardware-scaling. But it segfault when I copy the video buffer from the sdl-suface to the frame-buffer. If someone can point me a noob-guide to use the hardware scalling, i'm in :)

the PND is here.

Edit : if you had pickup problem, redownload.

Happy birthday ED,

Here are a fews presents :
- Zelda : Return Of The Hylian
- Zelda : Oni Link Begin
- Zelda : Time to Triumph

Change since last "release" :
- Changed to a timidity patch that is small and don't make these freeze. So size matter and freeze are gone
- Code based on hmn work. So many thanks for bug fixes and all :)
- Key mapping is the Snes one
- Using a fast and clean software scaller

Known bugs :
The texts don't reflects actuals controls (Sorry, I'm lazy...). But sources are included in each PND :)

To build (with djwillis toolchain) set these first :
Code:
export CFLAGS="-DPANDORA -O3 -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -ftree-vectorize -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant"
export CROSSTOOL="$SDK_PATH/bin/$TARGET_SYS"
export CXX=$CROSSTOOL-g++ CC=$CROSSTOOL-gcc STRIP=$CROSSTOOL-strip
To build use "make" (Note that the "-DPANDORA" is mandatory to build the pandora code...)

Thanks a bunch :)
What a present :D

Tried them - seem to work fine, though the non-midi music sounded better :)
Also, volume of the music is pretty low compared to sound effects - any easy way to increase the volume here?

Again, thanks a lot :D

My only other wish for my birthday would be that many many boards are finished so we can finish delivering Batch 1 ASAP and start Batch 2... but I guess only one company could fulfill that wish...

sebt3 said:
EvilDragon said:
Also, volume of the music is pretty low compared to sound effects - any easy way to increase the volume here?
Try changing the options :)

Ah, didn't know there were some.

Played through the first 3 temples of ROTH today. Finally :D

Thanks again :D

Last edited:
Hi there,

Here are the 3 games with scale2x support.

Please repport if they work (I've done it blindly, but it should as the changes was realy a drop-in replacement) so I'll upload this to the file archive today :)

EDIT : Removed the link as these are now the default download

Are you going to pnd up the other zelda games? :D

Now that they apparently run fullspeed I might give them a go!

HackModford said:
Are you going to pnd up the other zelda games? :D

Now that they apparently run fullspeed I might give them a go!

Only 3T had a region not fullspeed, the others 2 are fullspeed since a long time. IMHO, scale2x look way better than the hardware scaling (at least until SO write better FIR filter).
But yeah, I'll PND the others 2 using hardware scalling. But then I still have some more projects for these games (better musics at the very least as someone I trust offered me to work on those).

sebt3 said:
But yeah, I'll PND the others 2 using hardware scalling.
Here are the 3 games using hardware scalling as requested :
ROTH
OLB
3T
Plese repport if they work (at least the firsts 2, I know fo the 3t)

Esn said:
Sebt3, are there 3 levels now? File Archive for really-thoroughly-tested programs, /pnd/ for not-as-well-tested programs, and /beta/ for even less-well-tested programs?
Yes and no. The file archive is pointing to /pnd/ directly for some PND. So if I modify the file in /pnd/, the download on the file archive is modified. This is pretty bad, but I didn't realize that until I had to upgrade through testing, and I was screwd.
So for the time being, yes there is some kind of 3 levels... I dont plan to put anything else in /beta/ but these zelda's games. theese file are hardware scaled and the one in /pnd/ (and on the archive) are sw scaled. I realy think sw look way better, but it is slow for one game in one region of the game..... So there is a use for these 2 versions concurently (until I start doing thing rightfully ;P ).

Oh and dont expect many thing to pop-up in /pnd/ until mid-january anyway...

Back