Beta Deadbeef Compiled With Codesourcery Gcc 2010Q1

CME

Still Fresh
hey guys,
i noticed some stuttering in the deadbeefplayer from the file archiv if i use the equalizer,.. well i tried to compile it with the latest csgcc and with the following cflags:
"-O3 -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mfloat-abi=softfp -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant"
and no stuttering anymore :) , well, here as pnd

edit1: updated pnd
edit2: updated to deadbeef 0.4.3

CME said:
hey guys,
i noticed some stuttering in the deadbeefplayer from the file archiv if i use the equalizer,.. well i tried to compile it with the latest csgcc and with the following cflags:
"-O3 -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mfloat-abi=softfp -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant"

Does this write to the NAND, or not?

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
CME said:
hey guys,
So using "-fsingle-precision-constant" realy improve performance on a front-end (as my pnd don't include this optimisation only) ?

Are you using the codec provided on nand (community codec pack) or your package provide new one realy faster ?
Does this contain flac and wavpack too ?

cheers,
sebt3

God Ginrai said:
CME said:
hey guys,

Does this write to the NAND, or not?

-God Ginrai
whoops, should write to the NAND :ph34r: , updated pnd (+url), i use sebt3s startup script now (if this is ok :) )

sebt3 said:
CME said:
hey guys,
So using "-fsingle-precision-constant" realy improve performance on a front-end (as my pnd don't include this optimisation only) ?
no idea if this is the reason for the speed improvement, i just used the CFLAGS from http://pandorawiki.org/Floating_Point_Optimization
Are you using the codec provided on nand (community codec pack) or your package provide new one realy faster ?
Does this contain flac and wavpack too ?

cheers,
sebt3
for mp3, yeah,the included vorbis and samplerate lib was just an experiment, it seems like it doesn't improve performance, but i kept it there in case anyone wants to play with it
it was compiled with flac and wavpack support, but i forget including those libs, fixed ;)

CME said:
updated pnd (+url), i use sebt3s startup script now (if this is ok :) )
That fine :) have used my patch too ?
if not, I can say that your are using AN ext2/3 card. It will crash on an vfat sdcard without....

uh, no, where can i find your patch? (or do you mean the socket fix in your startup script?)

CME said:
uh, no, where can i find your patch? (or do you mean the socket fix in your startup script?)
The Socket fix come with a fix in the code. here is main.c fixed

EDIT: I realy can't manage to attach a single file to this forum....
On my hosting there : http://sebastien.huss.free.fr/pnd/main.c

CME said:
thx, updated the pnd :)
Could you show us the result of the configure script ? (only the part that say which plugin will be build)
If you remove the all the "*.a" files (statics library, unused), create a link to the included documentation, you'll have successfully take over :)

once done, PM me your email, I'll introduce you to the dev (I have mail contact with him :) ) and I'll download your PND to start using it :)

sebt3 said:
CME said:
Could you show us the result of the configure script ? (only the part that say which plugin will be build)
If you remove the all the "*.a" files (statics library, unused), create a link to the included documentation, you'll have successfully take over :)

once done, PM me your email, I'll introduce you to the dev (I have mail contact with him :) ) and I'll download your PND to start using it :)
Ooooh, since you have contact with the dev... please please ask nicely if he would take the time(if he has time...) to port 64th note and vgmstream? :p

sebt3 said:
CME said:
here it is:
Code:
    stdio: yes - Standard IO plugin
    gme: yes - chiptune music player based on GME
    dumb: yes - module player based on DUMB library
    nullout: yes - NULL output
    alsa: yes - ALSA output
    sid: yes - SID player based on libsidplay2
    ffap: yes - Monkey's audio (APE) decoder
    lastfm: no - last.fm scrobbler
    mpgmad: yes - mpeg player based on libmad
    vorbis: yes - ogg vorbis player
    flac: yes - flac player
    wavpack: yes - wavpack player
    sndfile: yes - PCM (wav,aiff,etc) player based on libsndfile
    vtx: yes - vtx file player (ay8910/12 emulation)
    adplug: yes - adplug player (OPL2/OPL3 emulation)
    vfs_curl: yes - http/ftp streaming support
    cdda: no - cd audio player
    gtkui: yes - GTK user interface
    hotkeys: yes - Global hotkeys support
    ffmpeg: no - ffmpeg codecs
    oss: yes - oss output plugin
    pulse: no - PulseAudio output plugin
    artwork: yes - Cover art plugin
    supereq: yes - Equalizer based on Super EQ library by Naoki Shibata
    notify: no - notification-daemon support plugin
If you remove the all the "*.a" files (statics library, unused), create a link to the included documentation
there are no .a files in the pnd :) and which included documentation?

CME said:
Code:
This only depend on curl and curl-dev :
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/libcurl4_7.20.0-r3.5_armv7a.ipk
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/curl-dev_7.20.0-r3.5_armv7a.ipk

CME said:
Code:
avcodec and avformat are part of the base OS (codec pack), but the angstrom *-dev package are broken : they don't ship the headers, thus configure fail to find them. Grab them from the source :)

CME said:
If you installed flac and wavpack, they also install their .a (I haven't downloaded your pnd yet)
And I was sure there was doc included, but after checking, only libflac and wavpack provide documentation, that is completely useless. So foret about that. (maybe the about.txt from the source, but... not very interesting.)

sebt3 said:
CME said:
Code:
This only depend on curl and curl-dev :
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/libcurl4_7.20.0-r3.5_armv7a.ipk
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/curl-dev_7.20.0-r3.5_armv7a.ipk
yeah, i already installed those packages in my toolchain, but it failed compiling and i was too lazy to look into that, so i disabled it temporary :)
CME said:
Code:
avcodec and avformat are part of the base OS (codec pack), but the angstrom *-dev package are broken : they don't ship the headers, thus configure fail to find them. Grab them from the source :)
good to know that they are broken :) , i will look later today into it
CME said:
If you installed flac and wavpack, they also install their .a (I haven't downloaded your pnd yet)
And I was sure there was doc included, but after checking, only libflac and wavpack provide documentation, that is completely useless. So foret about that. (maybe the about.txt from the source, but... not very interesting.)
i did a manual install into the pnd directory (cped all *.so* files) ;)

updated the pnd (see url in 1st post) :), now with ffmpeg plugin (22MB o_O), lastfm thingy and added the icons

Back