Compiling SDL_sound

PatientFan

Still Fresh
I am new to porting code for the Pandora and decided to try my luck with GLtron.

Unfortunately I did not get far: The SDL_sound library is required and I am stuck trying to compile that.

I have successfully set up Sebt3's Yactfeau toolchain (thanks, nice work!) and could compile the example.

To compile SDL_sound I tried the following:

Code:
hg clone http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/SDL_sound/

setprj SDL_sound

./bootstrap

pndconfigure

make

But an error results:

Code:
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/beat/DEV/Pandora/SDL_sound/decoders/timidity'

/bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile /usr/local/angstrom/arm/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../..  -DPANDORA -DHAVE_GLES -O3 -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -ftree-vectorize -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant -fsigned-char  -fvisibility=hidden -I/usr/local/angstrom/arm/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -DPANDORA -DHAVE_GLES -O3 -pipe -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp -ftree-vectorize -ffast-math -fsingle-precision-constant -fsigned-char -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -MT common.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/common.Tpo -c -o common.lo common.c

mv -f .deps/common.Tpo .deps/common.Plo

mv: cannot stat `.deps/common.Tpo': No such file or directory

make[3]: *** [common.lo] Error 1

This looks like a very basic problem, but I have no idea how to continue and would appreciate help.

Or is it already an established fact that we cannot have SDL_sound on Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=gltron

Gltron is already avaiable.

Also, you shouldn't create a new project for every lib, but compiler additional libs in the same project, than the mainapp.

It won't always work like in the testapptutorial btw. You should have some basic knowledge on what you are doing befor starting something like this.

mcobit im going to install Sebt3's Yactfeau toolchain at somepointm is there a VM image?

when I have it installed could i ask for help learning how to compile things? i.e. you give me something to compile knowing ill need to do/change something to it, but start of with something simple :p

Pickle, pndconfigure is magic ;)

No, it just sets stuff like --host --prefix etc automatically and runs configure with it.

Edit: milkshake, Sure I can help you with this. Just get the vmimage from the Yactfeau mainthread and you're good to go for your first experiments. To check, if everything works, you can build audacious like described there first.

Just PM or ask me on IRC, if I should give you something to compile, got 1/4 of the repo here ;)

Also, you might want to get the stable branch from mercurial:

hg clone -r stable-1.0 http://hg.icculus.or...ulus/SDL_sound/

Edit: Pickle, it works for everything else I compiled and made life a bit easier, i don't think it is because of that script.

This is hat happen when you'r too busy at work : you cannot give the reply that matter to you... oh well at least you did that for me ;)
lol, so sorry! Know that I do it in appreciation of your efforts :D

Thanks for all feedback, especially this one :)

I took the freedom to add GLtron to the list of released games in the Wiki (that's where I checked).

Does that really .deps/common.Tpo exist?

There is only a common.Plo file, no Tpo.

I guess I have to study libtool, automake etc. in detail if I want to get into porting programs to the Pandora.

But first I will play a round of the newly found GLtron port on my Pandora :D

I got sdl_sound to compile. Was a bit of fiddeling with autoconf and the right libs, but if you want to get a binary version, you can grab it from the Super Transball 2 pnd.

I got sdl_sound to compile. Was a bit of fiddeling with autoconf and the right libs, but if you want to get a binary version, you can grab it from the Super Transball 2 pnd.

Thanks a lot!

If I find some time I would like to adapt GLtron to support the Pandora analog sticks in a different way (southpaw).

And other code to port may well use this library, too.

Back