Beta Zelda ... Kind Of

EvilDragon said:
God Ginrai said:
EvilDragon said:
Cool, nice to see that going :)

So many Zelda games (these three and Zelda Classic with Quests...) are available now :)

Plus LttP, AST, the original, BS Zelda Maps1&2, Link's Awakening, and Minish Cap all through emulation. ;)

-God Ginrai

Yeah, but I played those already on the original systems :D
I love to have new quests :)

You've played AST and BS Zelda Maps 1&2? On the original BS-X, no less?

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
EvilDragon said:

So many Zelda games (these three and Zelda Classic with Quests...) are available now :)

Plus LttP, AST, the original, BS Zelda Maps1&2, Link's Awakening, and Minish Cap all through emulation. ;)

-God Ginrai

Parallel Worlds

Pleng said:
God Ginrai said:
EvilDragon said:

-God Ginrai

Parallel Worlds

True, That one didn't even come to mind, because I was thinking about official games. Parallel Worlds is a good game, tho'.

-God Ginrai

hmn said:
Some more fixes I have made:

• There was a memory leak in the savegame selection menu
  • There was a memory leak in Ennemi::init
  • The most important one: There were memory leaks in Listable due to a non-virtual destructor - that meant that almost any "Listable"-object in
    the game (enemies, NPCs, objects, projectiles etc.) would not get properly de-allocated (unless it was the first in it's list).

A patch for these fixes is here (ignore the Audio.cpp part): http://pastie.org/1094090
This is applicable to all three games btw.

Thank you very much again hmn, I've found the problem with Listable objects, but I could not fix it :(

Just played the latest version of this homebrew Zelda for a few hours yesterday.
No freeze :)

I'm in the first tower and missing a key, but that's no bug I guess ;)

Some music tracks sound a bit weird, so I'll try to fix the mods, too :)

Anyone else far enough in 3T to be at the 2nd town after the first dungeon?

I got the fishing rod but can't seem to select it from the menu.

I also need more jars of spice but no one seems to have them.

naples39 said:
I found this bug just before sending my pandora back to craig :(
I just messed up the control on this screen it seems :(

There is also all the hmn patches to finish to apply, using harware scaling and then the others games (I'm thinking about merging them).
I've no motivation to work on this without a device.
So I guess you'll need to wait a little bit yet again...

How the heck did you get through the first dungeon (the tower).
I checked all rooms and got two locked doors where I can't find the key... I really miss the compass here, that one did help with such problems on the original Zelda :)

EvilDragon said:
I checked all rooms and got two locked doors where I can't find the key... I really miss the compass here, that one did help with such problems on the original Zelda :)

Uh-oh, this is dredging up Water Temple memories! <.<

:p

-God Ginrai

EvilDragon said:
The keys are hard to get to, but they're in there. Once you get the bow and arrow, you can shoot the enemies behind the barriers to open doors.

naples39 said:
Anyone else far enough in 3T to be at the 2nd town after the first dungeon?

It's very awkward since the same button is mapped to the menu and the fishing rod. I was able to catch fish though, by entering and exiting the menu. Once you catch 5 fish (3 from the lake and 2 from the river) you can rent a boat and go to the temple on the island.

naples39 said:
I also need more jars of spice but no one seems to have them.
No idea. The first two can be found in the houses in Hyrule city, but I don't know where you get the ones to trade in Mabe. Also, what do I trade the power gems for?

Heh. Overlooked one stair in the first dungeon. There are just toooo many :D
Am now in next town, on to the fishing compo :D

I guess you're not supposed to get more jars of spice at this point in the game.

I also don't understand what you mean on how to use the fishing rod. You say it's awkward, but don't say how to get it to work. I go on the dock, hit start to bring up the menu, but can't select the fishing rod once I bring that up. What do you then?

Yeah, the first dungeon layout is very confusing with all the staircases. I couldn't tell you how I did it if I tried. The only thing I remember doing is looking at my map to find an area I hadn't been to, and working through the staircases in backwards order in my head. :blink:

naples39 said:
I also don't understand what you mean on how to use the fishing rod. You say it's awkward, but don't say how to get it to work. I go on the dock, hit start to bring up the menu, but can't select the fishing rod once I bring that up. What do you then?
Press the d-pad until the cursor is on the fishing rod.

Neko said:
naples39 said:

Pretty sure I've tried that about 1 or 20 times, but I'll give it another shot. Do you have to be standing anywhere specific?

naples39 said:
Neko said:
Pretty sure I've tried that about 1 or 20 times, but I'll give it another shot. Do you have to be standing anywhere specific?
I'm pretty sure you're not using the same pnd :(

sebt3 said:
naples39 said:
Neko said:
$ md5sum Zelda3T_US.pnd
2445b1b23b3ac30ed6c8d8ffd41cad4f Zelda3T_US.pnd

sebt3 said:

Yep, realized that shortly after posting. I guess I could switch back to the older pnd to get past that part, but it wouldn't be worth the trouble if that problem will just keep popping up.

Back