Dat Price Tag Tho

I'm hoping for around $500 too. Not because I can't or won't pay more than that, or even that I really mind paying more than that, I just feel it'll be a more accessible figure to the community at large.

I'm a little concerned about any impact still trying to pay off Craig's Pandora pre-order queue could have on the price..

500 euros might be a nice number.

I do not believe for a minute that Ed would sell the pyra for 750 euros.

He would be pricing himself out of the market at that price.

I'd like it be cheaper, but something tells me the Pyra is going to be ~ 600 Euro .  Especially since the new screen is about 70 Euro according to ED.

I don't think we will have a price until it's ready to go to production.

Azkarus range is most probably close, so if you want to start saving, there's your goal.

I just don't want to pay out the rear for shipping/brokerage fees, being in Canada.

And there is also the price for the Pyra Board, which isnt just a Omap Defboard but a custom Board whit the Omap and a lot of other expensive things on it..

And it has to be build and developt..

So 600 € should be payd for the Pyra..

For mee its hoch wie breit, i want my pyra and the price isnt inportant for me because its hobby..

He was using the price of the EVM to represent the estimated price of the Pyra board in the finished product. (which seems fair for a ballpark figure)  The price EVM itself won't be a factor in the eventual price of the Pyra.

- Neelix

The Omap SOC itself should be a bit cheaper as the whole defboard they use, because they would by a lot socs whens it comes to massproduktion, and mybe Global Components have a lot more luck, to get a discount for the parts as Dragonbox alone..

But only ED will know, which price the Pyra will have..

I agree with Askarus. Expect it to be between 500 and 750 Euro, perhaps 600 to 750 Euro is more realistic.

Without contract, the high end smartphones are about 500 to 600 Euro and ED doesn't have the benefit of economy of scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
One point (if any official team members are reading this)

Please, don't use some stupid price like $799.98

Either work out the cost from hard maths (parts+labour+etc) × profit × currency_conversion_factor

Or round up to a nice number ending in zeros.

Something like £314.16, £271.83 or £1618.03 would be cool too ;)

WHY NAuT? I Love me some extra saving and swags, lmao. Im gonna use dat dolla bying me sooome mountain dew. It's going to be sooo cool to git gud at COD and owning Noobs with my pyra.

I'm more than happy to spare some quarters if we can do away with that 99 thing. It annoys me to no end. I hope ED can prioritize his objectives well. Filling up old holes is waaaay less important than a reasonable price tag. I'm ok with any where below 1000 bucks unless every pyra comes with German beer and are made off slaves' bones or pyra being all powerful and can satisfy all my daily office work needs.

I'm hoping for around $500 too. Not because I can't or won't pay more than that, or even that I really mind paying more than that, I just feel it'll be a more accessible figure to the community at large.

I'm a little concerned about any impact still trying to pay off Craig's Pandora pre-order queue could have on the price..
I, over the Pandora's life purchased 2. (rebirth, eventually trading in for a 1ghz)

I really hope all of these estimates of 600€ to as high as 750€ aren't true though.

I could already hardly justify the $500ish dollar price tag of the Pandora to my significant other because to her no "hobby toy" is worth that much.

So if it really reaches as high as $1000, I'll have to pass this time around sadly.

I'm ok with any where below 1000 bucks
If by buck you mean a US Dollar then yes, I agree.
I always thought that buck could refer to coinage in general, but it seems to be somehow tied to the dollar.

<edit>

I could already hardly justify the $500ish dollar price tag of the Pandora to my significant other because to her no "hobby toy" is worth that much.
It's not a hobby toy. It is a portable computer for serious work. :D </edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm,

This system is gonna cost more than nextgen consoles, how is that even possible?!

How many people are gonna make it ran?

Those specs can go down to a little bit above the 3DS and I'll be happy..

This system is gonna cost more than nextgen consoles, how is that even possible?!
It will be about the same as the price of a high-end smartphone produced in small volume without subscription plan.
The Pandora was also an expensive high-end device (i.e. high-end at the time of the design).

I strongly doubt that this community wants to see a much weaker device.

Though at this point, all prices mentioned here are only speculation.

With a lower price point one may be able to gain more users; one thing is that with these super HD gfx what will they be used for? To watch Netflix?

OR are there any plans to get developers to port things to the Pyra. I bought the gcw-zero for $135 via it's kickstarter and I've been developing for it and support it since; with the Pyra and OpenPandora I want to do the same thing; but with such a huge price point I have no idea how many people will be using it...

Back