Dare We Suggest An Approx Timeframe Now?

Well, I respect your work Gruso, so I searched for the post I was referring to. :)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48538-how-do-we-decide/page__view__findpost__p__739278

The first 100 will be going nowhere until the case is done and shipped since we are no longer shipping out bare boards to anyone. They will go through very rigorous testing, over and over again. They will be used to establish the test procedure for the next batches of thousands.

Also, I didn't mean literally ripped to shreds. I just mean used for all functional testing until the procedure is 100% effective and as efficient as possible. The boards won't actually suffer any abuse during this time. ;)

I've gotten a little feedback on getting pictures taken and they would rather do that once they start assembling boards into cases. At this point, I'll just be happy if they do the work on time and not worry about bringing a camera to work. It will probably end up being me taking the pictures on the floor when things are being put together so it will happen at some point. I look forward to that! I'll definitely have something fun to do on the plane ride home.....better make sure that FCC test is done. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
That's a different thing though. The boards were always going to be stress tested in a lab / factory environment before being shipped to anyone.
Oh, I know. ;) I was just responding to "There was definitely a post indicating end users would be testing the original 100.", really. :)

so i think one question remains (if i havent't missed something)
what about the few boards for the devs and especially the one for the case factory? are they on their way by now?

I'm going to push all thoughts of shipping speculation from my mind. I can only see mental ruin from allowing myself to have a phantom delivery date nestling in my brain, because it would all rest on everything coming together without any digital or physical hiccups. We could say that we'll be having Pandoras before the end of October, but what happens if the boards reveal a major flaw once they have been rigorously rinsed and spanked in the factory? or if the case company suddenly declare themselves bankrupt and flee to Mozambique with all the prototypes?

I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but I for one think that we should put estimations to the back of our minds. I'm content that the guys are working hard to get these things out and I don't believe that any amount of pressure from us will make things go any quicker.

What is happening with the keymats? I know there was a new revision, but the lettering was still a bit wonky. Has this been Fixed and MP started on the mats?

Well, I think I have gotten then answer I needed, but did not want. Way back when I ordered my Pandora last year I did so with the express hope of being able to use it on my 2 week vacation and honeymoon cruise after my wedding in early October. I need a small computing device with at least one SD slot for uploading photos from the trip and staying in email contact. Looks like I am going to have to buy myself some kind of netbook after all on my already tight budget which is being squeezed more and more by the wedding expenses. I hope this does not lead to having to cancel my Pandora and trying to get a refund after all of my patient waiting.

RavenX said:
I need a small computing device with at least one SD slot for uploading photos from the trip and staying in email contact.
So a smartphone?

I think of my Pandora as my baby (coz of it's size) and we all know that some babies are born premature. It would be nice if that where the case :p

I think the first final units are about 35 days away, that's in our hands, not in customers hands, although in theory we could just ship those straight out. That would be a best case scenario, if nothing more goes wrong/needs attention.

craigix said:
I think the first final units are about 35 days away, that's in our hands, not in customers hands, although in theory we could just ship those straight out. That would be a best case scenario, if nothing more goes wrong/needs attention.

You plan on getting CE (and possibly FCC) done before you get the first final units?

-God Ginrai

As has been said many many times, you can't do FCC with anything but the final unit, not that FCC is of any interest to me as were based in the UK.

We can ship without either anyway.

craigix said:
As has been said many many times, you can't do FCC with anything but the final unit, not that FCC is of any interest to me as were based in the UK.

We can ship without either anyway.

I was asking mainly about CE. I put the FCC part in parenthesis, because I remember MWeston said someone told him something that might allow you to use a prototype for the FCC testing, and I didn't know if that ever turned out to be true or not.

-God Ginrai

craigix said:

:) it goes from two months to 1,13 months :D

Back