Daphne......is A Port Possible?

Jumpman

Advanced Member
I have put this one out there in the past, but I figured I would make a formal request in the right forum.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, DAPHNE(http://www.daphne-emu.com/site3/index_hi.php) is a emulator that allows laserdisc(animated) games from the early 80's to run on your PC!

The creator Matt Ownby was working on a GP2X port years ago, but sadly the 2x was just not up to the task. I asked Matt if he would be interested in working on the Pandora, but he had washed his hands of the handheld scene, as it was to much work, and no device was really capable at the time. I believe the source is availible, and there is a very good community of support at the DAPHNE forums.

So I was wondering if any of our more knowledgible programmers, could say if a port would be possible on the Pandora, and if so, how much effort would be involved to make it happen. Thanks for any input on this matter.

Chris

Didn't even know this existed....would love a port...

Although, looks a bit tricky reading the FAQ re: roms and requiring a DVD inserted due to copyright issues. Have you used it? Has it been ported to bypass the DVD check?

authoreyes said:
Didn't even know this existed....would love a port...

Although, looks a bit tricky reading the FAQ re: roms and requiring a DVD inserted due to copyright issues. Have you used it? Has it been ported to bypass the DVD check?
Yeah, I have not used it since the DVD check was added, but I do belive that was just added as a nicety to Digital Leisure. That way end users could get the actual proper vid clips(4 games only), and help DL at the same time. I used it years ago before all that was added, and just got the video images off the net, and they work fine. The DVD check is only for the DL games anyways, so all the other games that are supported still just use the regular images from years ago.

I always considered myself fairly emulator savey, but DAPHNE is brutal to get running. At least it was years ago. I think the creator has added in some improvements over the years that help the experiance, but I have not used it in years. It does work very well, and is the only way to play many of the old laserdisc games of yesteryear. Hopefully someone can port it, and help to simplify the way it works.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back