Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gp2x and psp, ds

• psp an ds, gp2x

• ds and gp2x,psp

• Total voters

Nah, had an DS too, but sold it afer 2 weeks or something... The alarm volume is so low it's only usefull of playing games on it. And I had the metroid demo, asphalt urban gt, zoo keeper and I thought I had rayman 2 (the worst game I've ever played)

1. GP2X ( I just spend way too much time on it )

2. PSP ( I used to own one, but sold it due to lack of any good games. I will be re-buying one soon though, since the game library for it has improved greatly, but mostly will just be buying it to play Power Stone Collection + Lumines 1+2 )

3. DS ( I've never owned one, I played my friends for a bit other than that no games for it have really made me want to go out and buy one, still happy its kicking PSP's ass though :p , whether I like it or not )

slickjim posted on Dec 10 2006 at 07:42 PM said:
If you had a 1.5 psp with devhook you would say psp no doubt! from an owner of all three.

Nope. I own all three, and I prefer the DS with my M3. I do play the PSP, am playing Lumines now, but the games on the DS are (FOR ME!!!!!!) more fun!

And you don't need a 1.5 any more...

Last edited by a moderator:
slickjim posted on Dec 10 2006 at 06:42 PM said:
If you had a 1.5 psp with devhook you would say psp no doubt! from an owner of all three.

I have a 1.5 PSP. I own all 3 and I never use the PSP.

It is a nice powerful system but the games get very expensive and the damn thing always drains itself dry even when "off" leaving me with a dead battery everytime I go to use it :angry:

For emus the non-standard resolution screen is crap for emulation and the stupid stretching makes everything look blurry. Then you take that blurr and scroll it in emulated games and you get a ghosting blurry mess.

DaveC posted on Dec 11 2006 at 01:58 PM said:
For emus the non-standard resolution screen is crap for emulation and the stupid stretching makes everything look blurry.
I think those same words, albeit in different orders while still conveying the same meaning, can be found in every single post you've ever made on this forum :rolleyes:

DaveC posted on Dec 11 2006 at 10:58 AM said:
slickjim posted on Dec 10 2006 at 06:42 PM said:

I have a 1.5 PSP. I own all 3 and I never use the PSP.
i'll buy it off ya (maybe) how much you want? :D

Goity posted on Dec 10 2006 at 08:41 PM said:
2.71SE ftw

same here.

It is difficult to say whether the psp or the gp2x is the better homebrew device. At the end of the day it just depends on the emus that are available, it is more about the community than about the device itself. At the moment I just really like the full speed CPS 2 emu for the psp. On the other hand, some emus are better on the gp2x: eg megadrive or mame.

I find the games are a lot cheaper for PSP than DS; DS games generally cost £30 even preowned, whereas you can get older PSP games for a tenner or so.

I play my GP2X daily since I got it 6 months ago. Anything else has to beg for time. So my list would probably go like this,

GP2X, GP32, DS

:)

Goity posted on Dec 14 2006 at 07:00 PM said:
I find the games are a lot cheaper for PSP than DS; DS games generally cost £30 even preowned, whereas you can get older PSP games for a tenner or so.
Of course, who would resell good games for cheap?

Fishbong posted on Dec 16 2006 at 12:42 PM said:
Goity posted on Dec 14 2006 at 07:00 PM said:
Of course, who would resell good games for cheap?
I'm assuming you're joking, but many of these games are excellent. I enjoyed MGA more than any MGS game, and mercury rules.

It's because DS games sell better than PSP games.

Whether DS games are better or not is pure opinion.

PSP>DS, my opinion

but

Nintendo>Sony

FACT.

:p

PSP vs. DS: There are many crap games for the psp on the market whereas the average quality of ds games is better. I am a big fan of Tetris (wi-fi match), Zoo Keeper and Meteos. The ds lite looks better than the psp, and of course, Dave C is right, the quality of the ds screens is much better. However, just downgrade your psp firmware or use a loader, and voilà, you have a device that is head to head with the gp2x in terms of emulation and homebrew. So ds is better for commercial games, overall I prefer the psp.

chaos engineer posted on Dec 18 2006 at 05:07 PM said:
PSP vs. DS: There are many crap games for the psp on the market whereas the average quality of ds games is better. I am a big fan of Tetris (wi-fi match), Zoo Keeper and Meteos. The ds lite looks better than the psp, and of course, Dave C is right, the quality of the ds screens is much better. However, just downgrade your psp firmware or use a loader, and voilà, you have a device that is head to head with the gp2x in terms of emulation and homebrew. So ds is better for commercial games, overall I prefer the psp.
I wouldn't say that. In general DS games are awful, but there are some real crackers. It would probably be more relevent to say there are more DS games than PSP games.

I don't own a DS (yet?) so just PSP>GP2x for me. I do love the GP2x stick though, and the MAME port is so much better. But for nearly everything else I generally stick to the PSP.

Back