A good list of all our emulatey options?

yalborap

Website
www.geocities.com
So, I've been looking into getting a new handheld for my emulating goodness. The issue here is, I don't know all the good current options out there.

Here's what I know of so far that's currently IN PRODUCTION or close to it:

-GP2X Wiz
-Pandora
-PSP
-DS
-iPhone, possibly?
-Dingoo
-PDAs, Pocket PCs, etc. in general

And available, but not in production:
-GP2X
-GP32
-GBA

So are there any others I'm missing? And aside from the Pandora, any obvious leaders in quality and playability(both on a software level and a controls level)?

If you thinking about Windows Mobile phone with emulation and good games take Samsung i320 [about 400mhz cpu ] or BlackJack series [similiar cpu ]

Im owner of i320 and i can say its excellent.

Very good / good emus:
- SNES / Gens / NES / GB / Atari800 / FinalBurn / Java emulator [JBED] / ScummVM [ good :) ] / Atari2600 emu [stella] /

Very good games:
- Asphalt 4 / NeedFodSpeed / Assassin Creed /

Yalborap said:
So, I've been looking into getting a new handheld for my emulating goodness. The issue here is, I don't know all the good current options out there.

Here's what I know of so far that's currently IN PRODUCTION or close to it:

-GP2X Wiz
-Pandora
-PSP
-DS
-iPhone, possibly?
-Dingoo
-PDAs, Pocket PCs, etc. in general

And available, but not in production:
-GP2X
-GP32
-GBA

So are there any others I'm missing? And aside from the Pandora, any obvious leaders in quality and playability(both on a software level and a controls level)?

Early reviews of the Wiz have praise for a true d-pad, but it's still not what a d-pad should be. The PSP scene is very healthy, so you can expect quality there. The same is true for the GP2X (and will be for the wiz too, I imagine). The dingoo is young, but it shows a lot of promise. The iphone/ipod touch isn't as powerful as it should be because of enforced OS overhead.

What you get depends on what you want.

My biggest thing is SNES, since it was the big console for me growing up. Obviously the more other things that're quality, the better, though.

Back