Creating Disk Images For Psx-Rearmed

kev187

OK... I have my own personal legally owned PSX Games that I would like to make a backup image of and use with PSX-ReARMed on my Pandora

What tools are you using out there? CDRwin? I have access to Mac, WIndows, Ubuntu. Anyone got a quick step by step on the best tools to create a proper working image for my own use & mine only on my Pandora and not to share.

Thanks everyone. 48 hours with my Pandora & its just awesome.

Make sure you have cdrdao installed on your Ubuntu machine, and then try this at a terminal;

Code:
cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile NameOfFile.bin --device ATAPI:0,0,0 --driver generic-mmc-raw SameNameAsFile.cue

If this fails, try replacing the part that says --device ATAPI:0,0,0 with --device /dev/cdrom or --device ATAPI:1,2,0 instead (whichever one works - for me, it is --device /dev/cdrom).

This will simply spit a bin/cue combo into your home directory.

I got this?

ERROR: Expecting only one toc-file.
Cdrdao version 1.2.3 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@daneb.de>

Usage: cdrdao read-cd [options] toc-file
options:
--device [proto:]{<x,y,z>|device} - sets SCSI device of CD-ROM reader
--driver <id> - force usage of specified driver for source device
--datafile <filename> - name of data file placed in toc-file
--session # - select session
--fast-toc - do not extract pre-gaps and index marks
--read-raw - read raw data sectors (including L-EC data)
--no-mode2-mixed - don't switch to mode2_mixed
--rspeed <read-speed> - selects reading speed
--read-subchan <mode> - defines sub-channel reading mode
<mode> = rw | rw_raw
--tao-source - indicate that source CD was written in TAO mode
--tao-source-adjust # - # of link blocks for TAO source CDs (def. 2)
--paranoia-mode # - DAE paranoia mode (0..3)
--with-cddb - retrieve CDDB CD-TEXT data while copying
--cddb-servers <list> - sets space separated list of CDDB servers
--cddb-timeout # - timeout in seconds for CDDB server communication
--cddb-directory <path> - path to local CDDB directory where fetched
CDDB records will be stored
--force - force execution of operation
-v # - sets verbose level

I found this while preparing to receive my panda ... Aaah! July 2009 ;)

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/34515-how-make-perfect-backup-psx-games.html

If you use windows use the free trial version of CloneCD software. Choose the 1st icon (disc with glasses) 'read to image file', then choose 'game cd' on next screen, hit the next button and tick the 'create cue sheet' box and then choose an output directory. Very fast. This will make you .img file versions with .ccd and .sub files aswell (the .sub can sometimes be ditched to save space but you need to test each game). Although these aren't the recommended bin/cue format they seem to work fine for in this awesome emulator.

kevin J said:
What tools are you using out there? CDRwin? I have access to Mac, WIndows, Ubuntu. Anyone got a quick step by step on the best tools to create a proper working image for my own use & mine only on my Pandora and not to share.
Because I had to ask me the same question some time ago I wrote up some script, it is available in the "useful tweaks" thread (and also in the wiki):
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53857-tweaks-thread/page__p__876709&#entry876709

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CD Clone worked perefecto!

Ok... how the heck do I quick the emulator?????? why do all these emus make it so hard to get out of?????

^ You press Space to access the menu, and then there's an "Exit" option at the bottom of it. :p

(Personally, I have yet to come across an emulator where this information wasn't readily available, be it in its documentation or in the place it was downloaded from.)

Why are all these emu's so hard to find the exit button for? The answer is.... the dev's correctly knew that you wouldn't want an exit button.

Afterall, you spent good money upfront and time in droves in a pre-order queue to obtain 'the device with controls' that their awesomeness is presented on for free.

Prometheus (who cannot be emulated) is of course correct though, each PND usually includes documentation via XFCE or Minimenu (the key is patience though, as the default program to open the varied formats these docs are in, is very very slow to open). The download site, dev's page or original creators page the porter's (sounds somehow like a lowly hospital job yet is vital) have linked with their hard work in spare time, will also likely show the controls for the application in question.

Sometimes things have been ported in a rush though but now more people are about, with Pandoras in the wild to boot (meow), such questions will arise which will prompt the original dev's, (or new folk with the know how and desire to), to remap said controls, add in icons for the PND and ensure that it follows the PXML standards and appears where it should (like Mr Ben's shop-keeper, who is a valid shopping comparison to the Pandora experience and its gamut of possibilities yet to be explored) upon the menu.

I have rarely seen Prometheus suggest even an almost RTFM attitude to any question, as she is afterall Empress Wu of the How of Pandorian Knowledge. So once again, she has shown her keen eye, mastery of the subject and right of will alone the bequeathment of a level zero to all who fail to heed her kindly (Pandora typed) word, as neophyte or disciple. Tickles is under written warning of being watched and at all other times, do as the Prometheus in word and deed and be helpful, cheerful, knowledgeable and specific on your trivia. Leave the flame bait for the trolls of this level and proceed with stealth upon the bridges you have to cross to proceed as you have to cross and may need to turn back, so dont burn em as you pass.

Well Thanks :-D

I remember the old days of my GP2X randomly pushing buttons till I found an exit menu!

PSX down... software works amazing, hard to believe. And more yet to come

Back