Craigx Does It Again...

Well technically it's sunday there, so I wouldn't expect anyone to be working at all until monday, and that's open to debate.

I guess time will tell, maybe?

Chris

jumpman said:
Well technically it's sunday there, so I wouldn't expect anyone to be working at all until monday, and that's open to debate.

I guess time will tell, maybe?

Chris
I doubt any factory work is being done, it's probably the managers sorting out what they're going to be doing tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone...
-HUMOUR-GENERAL-CHILL-OUT.jpg

WizardStan said:
rabidpoobear said:
You really think a FACTORY in CHINA follows any mandates?
Yes.
WizardStan said:
Unless some workers voluntarily returned early to make more money, but I can't imagine it would be too many
I think this is what's happening. but I'm not sure how much of a 'volunteer' it is.

WizardStan said:
I am extremely suspicious of this. Chinese New Year is 14 days. Chinese get 20 days of holidays per year, in three mandated holidays; they don't get to pick their time off like we do. How would you feel if 7 of those were suddenly taken away? Unless some workers voluntarily returned early to make more money, but I can't imagine it would be too many. If any workers are back, they're going to prioritize their bigger clients, I should think. Just hold onto your hope. Maybe we get some this week, but even if we don't, everyone should be back to work next week.

In mainland China the New year holiday lasts 7 days

I don't really get why it takes sooooooo long to produce just the first cases since they said several times they can do (i don't have exact number in mind) about 10 000 in a week.

Reyhn said:
I don't really get why it takes sooooooo long to produce just the firts cases since they said several times they can do (i don't have exact number in mind) about 10 000 in a week.
I conclude you don't know how molding works, then. Don't worry, most people don't know it :)

No more roadmaps or guesstimates please. I thought there was something like an inofficial, silent agreement on that point.

Edit:
rabidpoobear said:
I doubt any factory work is being done, it's probably the managers sorting out what they're going to be doing tomorrow.
If they have something like management :p they will know very well what to do on Monday.

kuru said:
No more roadmaps or guesstimates please. I thought there was something like an inofficial, silent agreement on that point.
Here's the official roadmap for the future, with precise due dates for everything:
Get the cases done - The Chinese promise it won't take too long.
Get the boards populated - Not that much work, right?
Get everything assembled - Once we've started it will be done real quick, probably.
Packaging and shipping - How long can that possibly take?
TIME TO FINISH - Not very long, give or take two months.

j6cubic said:
kuru said:
Here's the official roadmap for the future, with precise due dates for everything:
Get the cases done - The Chinese promise it won't take too long.
Get the boards populated - Not that much work, right?
Get everything assembled - Once we've started it will be done real quick, probably.
Packaging and shipping - How long can that possibly take?
TIME TO FINISH - Not very long, give or take two months.
thanks for trying...
But we dont know if gbax already got all parts exept the cases.

I can assure you they are back because they sent us quite a long email about something they want to do to make the lower part of the case stronger as some of the cases they did before the CNY have flow issues in that area.

craigix said:
I can assure you they are back because they sent us quite a long email about something they want to do to make the lower part of the case stronger as some of the cases they did before the CNY have flow issues in that area.

So when can we expect revision 4 samples? Any time frame?

D.

Yes, I know a few Chinese companies are back now, as I've got a flood of emails in Chinglish. One company said they don't start back until the 29th February. I hope they were kidding.

[This post has nothing to do with Craigix or Pandora]

craigix said:
so ummm, mass production and green light is no more?

borgqueenx said:
craigix said:
so ummm, mass production and green light is no more?

Well they are saying this area of the case turned out thinner than the surrounding area in the units they have currently made, but we don't think it's an issue as it's the area above the battery, and that section is pretty solid anyway and not an area you can see in every day use.

Back