Craigix Discloses Information On New Gp2x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Off topic]
The thing is, If you want people to read your (And maybe comment on, Or even reply to your) post, At the very least, You should have the common decency to make your posts readable. How the bloody hell are you going to receive feedback or relevant replies/comments on what you have written, If no one can read or understand a bloody word you have written or point/s you are trying to make.

Some stupid words that get on my nerves: U, teh, then instead of than and vice versa, tehy, etc etc etc.

I know people make mistakes, We all do, But at least put a bit of effort in to it. This isn`t a psp forum you know.

It`s down to laziness, Pure laziness.
[/Off topic]

Trooper

trooper said:
[Off topic]
The thing is, If you want people to read your (And maybe comment on, Or even reply to your) post, At the very least, You should have the common decency to make your posts readable. How the bloody hell are you going to receive feedback or relevant replies/comments on what you have written, If no one can read or understand a bloody word you have written or point/s you are trying to make.

Some stupid words that get on my nerves: U, teh, then instead of than and vice versa, tehy, etc etc etc.

I know people make mistakes, We all do, But at least put a bit of effort in to it. This isn`t a psp forum you know.

It`s down to laziness, Pure laziness.
[/Off topic]

Trooper
No i type normally and speak normally its i just type like I am on aim. So I normally do these errors along with most people such as:
idk,teh,btw, etc,...,or dumb spelling errors
Who in the usa says bloody hell?
Thats why i said i was going to start typing like this:
So son now i be tlking like ths on ths fourm now on daw

Last edited by a moderator:
He's from fucking London, it says right under his fucking name. Do you understand fucking you fucking ingorant son of a bitch who thinks America is the fucking centre of the the fucking universe?

USA enough for you?

sam fisher said:
He's from fucking London, it says right under his fucking name. Do you understand fucking you fucking ingorant son of a bitch who thinks America is the fucking centre of the the fucking universe?

USA enough for you?
Its CENTER dumbass!!!

sam fisher said:
He's from fucking London, it says right under his fucking name. Do you understand iam a fucking ingorant son of a bitch who thinks Britan is the fucking centre of the the fucking universe?

USA enough for you?
USA is the greatest country in the world.
All other countries are run by little girls.
USA number one exporter of potassium.
Other countries have inferior potassium.

USA home of Tinshein swimming pool.
It’s length thirty meter and width six meter.
Filtration system a marvel to behold.
It remove 80 percent of human solid waste.

USA, USA you very nice place.
From Plains of Tarashek to Norther fence of your mother
USA friend of all except Uzbekistan.
They very nosey people with bone in their brain.

USA industry best in the world.
We invented toffee and trouser belt.
USA’s prostitutes cleanest in the region.
Except of course Turkmenistan’s

USA, USA you very nice place.
From Plains of Tarashek to Norther fence of your mother.
Come grasp the might phenis of our leader.
From junction with the testes to tip of its face!

Look at his quote above he spelled center wrong and no the quotes where not altered in anyway shape or form.
Ohh i think he has a secret love relationship with Hugh Laurie

What a crock of shit! This is an internet forum, people will use abbreviations - there's no point being an anal bitch about it. Since when was a stupid fuckin smily face part of the English language? Try writing that in an essay, you will get killed. Chill the fuck out and get back on topic!

Jackd said:
sam fisher said:

USA enough for you?
Its CENTER dumbass!!!

I can spell incorectly if I want. Oh, and it's "it's" not "its".

Ontopic: I greatly await new of the finalisation of the design, when that occurs.

lol it was a joke... you were talking about thinking america was the center of the universe and i corrected your british spelling with american spelling.

Jackd said:
lol it was a joke... you were talking about thinking america was the center of the univer and i corrected your british spelling with american spelling.
Well you must adore my song then?
Ok i will reask my question
Zod have you tried out your playstation emulator on the new system. I think craig should show what the system can do. What i mean is the system is probably a bunch of wires and parts soldered together connected to a screen right now and I just want to see what the system can do and what the firmware is like.

i believe it was hinted at that zodttd has a prototype and is working on psx4???? for it.

Edit: Found quotes

craigix said:
Yes, it is compatible 'enough' as in things should recompile and run. I should think on launch most of the top apps will be running fine along with some new stuff, from oh, i dunno, zodttd?

zodttd said:
If there was no Nintendo, Sony, etc...who would you emulate? ;)

I like Craig's handheld. It allows me to work on polishing up psx4all more so than the constant figuring out ways to inch performance up. Imagine OpenTTD and DOSBox as well. This seems to only be a good natural step up from the GP2X. Don't squash the handheld before it's out. :)

EDIT: KeyboardCowboy...Where can I get a i.MX31 for less than $30 in "low quantities"? Link? Pricesheet?

Jackd said:
i believe it was hinted at that zodttd has a prototype and is working on psx4???? for it.

Edit: Found quotes

craigix said:
Yes, it is compatible 'enough' as in things should recompile and run. I should think on launch most of the top apps will be running fine along with some new stuff, from oh, i dunno, zodttd?

zodttd said:
If there was no Nintendo, Sony, etc...who would you emulate? ;)

I like Craig's handheld. It allows me to work on polishing up psx4all more so than the constant figuring out ways to inch performance up. Imagine OpenTTD and DOSBox as well. This seems to only be a good natural step up from the GP2X. Don't squash the handheld before it's out. :)

EDIT: KeyboardCowboy...Where can I get a i.MX31 for less than $30 in "low quantities"? Link? Pricesheet?

Thanks DosBox fullspeed/Open TTD on a handheld its a dream come true.

From the sound of it, this new console is also going to be somewhat outdated upon its release as well (if it's based on the MMSP2+ anyway). In terms of hardware, it's only really a slightly higher spec GP2X, with a few more addons. I guess it could be compared to the difference between the Gamecube and a Wii; more ram, a faster processor, a better user interface and a few other bits and pieces.
Unfortunately there isn't really any alternative, so this is the best we can get.

Who knows, if Craig makes a big enough profit from this upcoming device, there could be another one proceeding it in a couple of years time featuring the up to date specification everyone is wanting.

Javacat said:
From the sound of it, this new console is also going to be somewhat outdated upon its release as well (if it's based on the MMSP2+ anyway). In terms of hardware, it's only really a slightly higher spec GP2X, with a few more addons.
I don't quite agree... from what we can gather off the sketchy documentation available, the clock speed is almost double, the memory speed is more than double, there's a nice extra chunk of "cache memory", and Squidge has hinted that the two processors will each get their own dedicated memory. Between all of that, I would say that casual 2D apps will be roughly twice as fast on this new device, and apps that make use of the (now attractive) second processor might be 3 times as fast as on the gp2x. Then, add the 3D features making a new class of things possible.

The MMSP2+ might not be the cream of the mobile processor crop (like the processors that go into the top end $500 and up devices), a 2-3x speedup isn't bad.

The much more interesting wildcard is the display resolution -- about five times as many pixels as the gp2x, if the 800x480 info is true. Computing and transfering that much data every frame will be a strain. My guess is that action games might use a lower resolution than that (400x240) much of the time, with the true full resolution for picture viewing, web browsing, and so on. 800 pixels in 3.7 inches is a pretty amazing pixel density!

Indeed, I will get this just for a web browser :) And is it nto plausible we run firefox on this thing? I mean, I've run it on a 550mhz PC with 96MB of ram! This was also on linux and there was still 20MB of RAM free! I am pretty sure I was using 76MB of RAM, and of course no swap. I mean, the browser wouldn't need to run lightening fast as you wouldn't be multitasking as you would on a PC. Ofcourse flash won't run at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back