Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently moved to the north of Germany. Haven't seen crowded, yet.
My mom's a doctor, who tries tirelessly to convince people to improve their diets, and she approves of my vitamin approach. If I'd let her treat me, I'd first get a drip with a high dosage of vitamin C. Then she'd make me take a hot bath and sent me to bed and'd drop more covers on me than anyone could count. And of course, I'd be urged to drink lots of the hot tea, she put next to the bed.

All clinical research backs this up, especially with respect to Vitamin D and Zinc intake.

Just took my temp at around 2 in the morning, because hey, insomnia. Got 96.7 F. Now I'm definitely convinced of the need for battery replacement.

Reviews do say the thing is supposed to vibrate when it settles on a temperature, but mine only beeps. Reviews also say you should change the battery if that happens.

The need for dietary supplements comes from unhealthy food and lack of vegetables, fruits etc.
May I remember you that it's been millions of years that we survived without vitamin D pills :^)

If I wanted to make absolutely sure, I'd have to incinerate myself. Are masks somewhat effective or can we spare ourselves wearing those pesky things? Also, I'd expect the pharmacy's staff to follow a more rigorous protocol just like other medical staff - so that sick people don't need to be too scared of infecting the former to go there.
Masks are somewhat effective, but not entirely. That was my point. If you don't have any particular reason to think you're infected, wear a mask any time you go into shops etc, for the sake of shifting the numbers at the population level. If you do have a reason to think you're infected, staying at home for 14 days is very effective and you don't need to incinerate yourself. (If you live with other people, they might get infected too, so there are guidelines about that.)

You have options here: ask a friend to get your stuff from the pharmacy; mail-order with express delivery; buy what you're going to want in advance and keep it at home just in case...

When I went to my local doctor recently, they had way more protective gear than at the pharmacy, and they still say don't come if you have suspected covid-19 infection. That was always the message for a bunch of other infectious diseases too, including the flu, though people didn't really take it seriously enough back then. If you can't stay at home because you need to be in hospital, medical staff just have to deal with that as best they can of course.

Last edited:
The need for dietary supplements comes from unhealthy food and lack of vegetables, fruits etc.
May I remember you that it's been millions of years that we survived without vitamin D pills :^)

Not necessarily, it can come from having a body that's not adapted to the environment (like having a black skin in Northern countries or a white skin in places with a lot of sun) or some sickness or condition, etc.
As for the food, many of the fruit and vegetables you find today are less nutritive than they used to be.

And B12 deficiency might be caused by advances in hygiene. It's much safer to take a supplement than to go back to the way things were.

Maybe she worries because you eat only kebabs and McDo ? :^)
Nope. That's her standard treatment for infections. Regarding my diet, I'd say I'm in between extremes. It lacks fresh food, but MacDreck ain't my supplier.
Some doctors say that people with fever should be kept naked in a ~15-20°C room. I've seen that in a Paris hospital.
I don't know, if there are cases in which that'd be the way to go, but usually that's terrible advise. The best medicine against infections - especially virus infections - is your own immune system, as long as it's not impaired itself. And it has a way easier job, when you're at high temperatures.

My state's governor is giving a COVID-19 update press conference in about one hundred minutes.

Based on previous press conferences, I'd say we can expect a new executive order. I'm actually sort of welcoming it, because the experts expect that serious shit's about to go down in the US with regards to COVID-19. We still haven't seen the full Thanksgiving surge yet.

I don't know, if there are cases in which that'd be the way to go, but usually that's terrible advise. The best medicine against infections - especially virus infections - is your own immune system, as long as it's not impaired itself. And it has a way easier job, when you're at high temperatures.
I highly doubt this is a "terrible advice" as it's employed in the Cochin hospital in Paris.
The body also destroys "good cells" when under fever, so it "destroys itself" somewhat like during the cytokin storm. Maybe this cold room technique limits that side effect ?
Maybe it's used in particular conditions, I don't know, I should have asked.

My state's governor is giving a COVID-19 update press conference in about one hundred minutes.
Based on previous press conferences, I'd say we can expect a new executive order. I'm actually sort of welcoming it, because the experts expect that serious shit's about to go down in the US with regards to COVID-19. We still haven't seen the full Thanksgiving surge yet.
Don't let the fear take over.

Once I did a crazy thing... but worked in that case... I suppose you should not try to do this...

Many years ago I had fever for 2 days, it ranged from 38°C to 39.5°C (and maybe even more)... when it was at 39 I actually was feeling better because somehow I wasn't constantly feeling my body freezing and hot wet after every couple of minutes...
Anyway, the first day was like hell, I wasn't able to sleep, but I REALLY needed to... I wasn't able to stay on my feet, but still staying in the bed every position was like a torture... and I was constantly covering and uncovering myself every time I felt super hot or cold...
I never use medicines unless I'm really forced too, and in that case I had nothing with me anyway, I was just waiting for it to go away...
The second day I became enraged... after more than 24 hours sleepless rolling in the bed, with headache and aches all around my body, in every muscle... I wanted to eat but wasn't able too, I wanted to drink water but that was making me feel even worse...
At some point I just shut up my brain, left the bed, wear some summer sporty clothes (a t-shirt and short pants) and went outside to take a run... oh, I didn't mentioned it earlier, it was WINTER, and was SNOWING !!
The impact with the outside temperature was huge, but it was ten thousand better than that bed torture... so I started to run, I was so weak that every step required all my strength and concentration, but after like 10 minutes I recognized the fact that I was unable to feel or even move my hands... also my legs were really freezing and was becoming more and more difficult to continue to run... and I felt more and more weak... at some point I was feeling NOTHING at all, I just wanted to lay down and sleep... right there !!
An then, it's when I just took it personal !! I was too distant from home, and anyway I could have really died while trying to come back... so, I just took up all my remaining energies at started to run like there was no tomorrow, like if I had a rabid dog after me !!
After 2 minutes I started to feel an incredible pain in my hands, but slowly I started to feel again some fingers... after more minutes my headache disappeared and I felt like a supercharge of energy in my body, like an hot explosion... suddenly I felt like all my veins were pumping at their maximum... I was running faster than ever before, and I was feeling great !!
After 30 minutes I really needed a pause... also because I was hot, so hot that the falling snow was melting before reaching my skin... so I just took some breath in a park... giggling while being looked from some people with heavy clothes but still freezing, while I was feeling like I was under the sun of a summer day... I never felt so well in my life.
I run for another hour and than returned at home, took a shower and immediately after that I fell asleep in bed... best sleep ever...
The next day I was new.

Never happened to me again to have a fever so high, but I'm not sure if I'll ever do this again... I still remember well how it could have been easy to just let myself lay down there.

Hmm, the press conference wasn't quite what I expected. No new rules, just the governor trying to sell people on vaccines ahead of time, and outlining the vaccination plan. One reassuring thing he did was to remind people that in addition to the FDA, an independent board would also be reviewing the vaccines.

He says the first round of vaccines will go to hospital workers, but that the second round will include people in long-term care settings. I'm not sure if that includes me or not. I guess I'm in a long-term care setting, but not a traditional one, and there's really only one person here old enough to even worry about COVID-19.

If I do end up getting a vaccine before you guys though, I'll let you know about any side effects. I have seen articles calling for the need to warn people in advance that the vaccines themselves can be painful.

Reactions: rSl
Hmm, the press conference wasn't quite what I expected. No new rules, just the governor trying to sell people on vaccines ahead of time, and outlining the vaccination plan. One reassuring thing he did was to remind people that in addition to the FDA, an independent board would also be reviewing the vaccines.

He says the first round of vaccines will go to hospital workers, but that the second round will include people in long-term care settings. I'm not sure if that includes me or not. I guess I'm in a long-term care setting, but not a traditional one, and there's really only one person here old enough to even worry about COVID-19.

If I do end up getting a vaccine before you guys though, I'll let you know about any side effects. I have seen articles calling for the need to warn people in advance that the vaccines themselves can be painful.
Covid-19 is a serious disease for anyone above the age of about 10 years old, and younger kids can still spread the disease. I guess what they were trying to do in the press conference was to counter the misinformation that's spreading on social media telling us that vaccines aren't to be trusted (in reality once they've been tested so comprehensively you can trust them). They always tell me that vaccines I take might make my arm sore and I might get a slight fever, but so far with flu vaccines, I've never felt anything like that. So far I've gathered similar messaging about the covid-19 vaccines.

This is false.

My whole family has had it (on the one side, none on the other). It's literally turned out to be nothing more than a flu.

We know people that have died, but they have all been old with co-morbidities and one younger person in their 50s.

While I believe all of the conspiracy theories that this was released accidentally from a government research facility, and I was worried in February (I was one of the first to stock up on food and everything before everyone panicked), the reality is that the hospitals are empty and countries with masks / without masks / with controls / without controls have identical problems.

I have to say that it is really nice to see europeans shut their mouths about america being bad now that their numbers are the same.

You should also notice the interesting coincidence that areas where hydroxychloroquine + zinc are widely deployed as part of daily matters (africa) have virtually no cases while countries where doctors decided to play politicians (effectively making use of hydroxychloroquine + zinc + whatever taboo) have huge problems.

EDIT: The area where my family has all had the chinese flu has NO access to hydroxychloroquine. I did convince a few of them to take vitamin d but no one wanted to look into hydroxychloroquine treatment protocol and none of the doctors seem to be aware of it over there.

SUMMARY: We lucked out. I beleive this to be a military accident but we lucked out that it behaves like a flu or related desease. The key differentiator is NOT the desease but the signalling. Pick any year in the past and you will find a desease that has FAR FAR FAR worse statistics and other signaling than the chinese flu and we never shut everything down.

I laughed at all my family when I heard them complain about having it and going through it. It's a joke, I have had a flu way worse than this 3 times in my life before.

The signaling is too loud, the receiving of the signals by the population is based on hearsay and not science, those signaling have closed off the feedback loop 100% so they are not getting any feedback at all. As a result, we are in a vicious feedback loop - every cycle the loops gets louder because there are no ways to let the pressure out of the system.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to convince you anything, by the way. I just jump in when the signal gets too wacky and some counterweight needs to be added.

Here is a great video between the computing forever guy and Prof. Dolores Cahill who has the specific phd level expertices in EXACTLY the topics related here: vaccines, immunology, etc. :

The point of the vide is NOT to convince you of anything at all. It is to simply introduce a set of data (questions, insights, experience, etc) that is COUNTER to the narratives that all of you are consuming BECAUSE all of the primary information sources have been fully politicized and polluted with various agendas.

The video is a pretty good interview and a pretty good way to introduce your self to the following concept:

The human mind is DESIGNED to beleive everything it is not an expert in. The key mechanism that drives this is the human minds INABILITY TO IMAGINE ALTERNATIVE VIEWS AND EXPLANATIONS.

There are evolutionary biology explanations for why this mechanism exists, but it is trivially easy to spot in your self once you are aware of it. The video is ONLY supposed to open up the imagination to possible (and credible) ways of looking at the situation.

Well, the other side of your silly perspective is that people die from the flu and other related desases every single year.

You just don't hear about it.

What is different this year is the signaling amplitude is not only orders of magnitude larger, it is stuck in a self referential feedback loop: you cannot give the signallers feedback because they don't want it and every loop it gets louder and people beleive it more.

And then we add to that, at least here, they were putting people with the chinese flu in OLD AGE HOMES.

Can you imagine the amount of brain damage that you have to have to decide to NOT put the sick in hospitals BUT PUT THEM IN OLD AGE HOMES?

That is what happened here.

Swat, thank you for proving my point (not being able to imagine different perspectives).

Last edited:
My whole family has had it (on the one side, none on the other). It's literally turned out to be nothing more than a flu.
How do you know? Without any other evidence I would propose that your family has actually had the flu this year.

We know people that have died, but they have all been old with co-morbidities and one younger person in their 50s.

While I believe all of the conspiracy theories that this was released accidentally from a government research facility, and I was worried in February (I was one of the first to stock up on food and everything before everyone panicked), the reality is that the hospitals are empty and countries with masks / without masks / with controls / without controls have identical problems.
Hospitals are empty are they? Not here they aren't. Although to be fair apparently if you just look at the critical patients you might think things are a lot quieter, but it turns out that it takes patients a long time to get over this disease fully, and they're clogging up the hospitals.

Swat, i just re-read my post and it reads too aggressive. I don't mean it that way.

Please note that I am not saying you should change your opinion or that my opinion should replace your opinion.

Instead, instead of replacing opinions or vanishing them, I am suggesting that it is useful to stack up all the opinions on a scale a keep them in your head all at once. It's hard, of course.

So, for example, I wouldn't want to get rid of your statement 'kill all the old and weak'. That is a useful statement and I get it comes from. Getting rid of it would make us forget about what you are pointing out. I am only suggesting that it is difficult to imagine other perspectives and it can be helpful to hold a number of conflicting perspectives in your head until a decision needs to be made.
Post automatically merged:

How do you know? Without any other evidence I would propose that your family has actually had the flu this year.

All 9 tested positive for the chinese flu. It's the law to get tested in their area.

Hospitals are empty are they? Not here they aren't. Although to be fair apparently if you just look at the critical patients you might think things are a lot quieter, but it turns out that it takes patients a long time to get over this disease fully, and they're clogging up the hospitals.

I could totally be wrong but in Canada and USA our hospitals are empty. There is no such thing as an overflowing ward full of chinese flu patients and people being turned away like what happened in Spain and Italy in the summer.

The CBC has been literally reporting of specific hospitals being full, carlots being full of drives waiting to be tested and when independent news show up, not only are the hospitals either empty or close to empty, the only cars in the parking lots are those of hospital employees.

Thanks for the link. I am trying to keep examples of full hospitals in my head, but there are so few I too am convincing my self of my own bullshit, like I accuse others of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back