COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Biden says everyone should be concerned... about monkeypox.

Edit: Did I mention the US has a second case now?
I wonder why, sure you don't want new diseases being introduced. I read smallpox vaccines should prevent you from getting it but most people dont have it yet. It's annoying to get but it's even milder then Covid I think, you don't die from it.
Source: https://www.nationalworld.com/healt...cine-prevent-it-and-symptoms-compared-3697697

There are recorded deaths from it, but I think only in the way that flu can kill you, if you've got enough comorbidities. Smallpox vaccines will reduce the risk of you catching it, but it's only 95% effective, meaning if 20 people are exposed to cowpox or smallpox or monkeypox, on average 1 person will still catch it.

The CDC finally started counting BA.4 and BA.5 in their variant proportion estimates. BA.5 makes up 7.6% of last week’s cases, and BA.4 makes up 5.4%. Right now it looks like Texas and adjacent areas have the most BA.5.

The US seven-day COVID-19 case average just jumped 8000 in one day. That’s what happens a week after Memorial Day. 108,000 now, only 2000 to go until we get back to where the sixth wave started dropping off.

There’s concern that in the US, cases are being underreported these days, due to a rise in rapid testing.

Meanwhile, the guy who shipped everyone three rounds of free rapid tests is like, “All according to plan.”

1654981473515.png

I’m still waiting on my Omicron booster. Having not been boosted since November, I’m a sitting duck. It’s only a matter of time before BA.5 comes for my soul.

I've not been vaccinated since December. As far as I can tell if you get covid after being vaccinated, it severely limits your likelihood of having to seek medical help, even this long since,

parents in law: scratchy throat, extra tired for a few days, plus fever. "just a cold." so won't get tested for COVID.... :facepalm:

BA.5 and BA.4 now make up 13.3% and 8.3% respectively of all COVID cases in the US. This is going to be a fun July once they really get going, especially for the South.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the United States’ leading infectious disease expert, just tested positive for COVID. If he doesn’t know how to avoid COVID, who does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back