COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a big contraption. The RGB lights are very distracting. I rather have a minimalized thing, like what the Fremen have (see: Dune) combined with ducktape for mouth. Talking is overrated.
It looks actually quite svelte compared to most N95 respirators I've been looking at. Most of those don't contain fans and rely on your breath power to force air through the filters, and don't have a window or LED lights.

A new Delta descendant could be 10% more infectious than Delta.

I have to say, I'm disappointed by these specs. I wanted a larger increase. I guess you can't be choosy with the supply chain how it is though.
Well, you referred to it as AY.4.2, and that's a reasonable name to me. But I keep it seeing it mentioned as "Delta plus" in the media.
Can't people just call it epsilon, zeta, theta or whatever it is ? Is not like we've run out of greek letters yet, is it ?
I mean if they call this one "delta plus", I hope they won't call the next one "delta premium". That'd sound even worse.

I think the greek letters only get assigned once it's officially a variant of interest. I guess that will happen quite soon the way this one has spread, but it hasn't happened yet I assume.

Edit: According to wikipedia, delta plus is just a nickname, and has been applied to SARS-Cov2 Delta variants with K417N by India in June, but AY.4.2 seems to be Delta plus K417N plus Y145H and A222V. Those letter, number, letter identifiers are just the replaced amino acid as the first letter, then the position in the chromosone, then the amino acid that replaces it, and amino acids are just a handful of genes that combine to form amino acids that are the building blocks of proteins that are used to build virus spikes and much of anything genetic.

Last edited:
I think the greek letters only get assigned once it's officially a variant of interest. I guess that will happen quite soon the way this one has spread, but it hasn't happened yet I assume.
Yes, possibly. But then that begs two questions:
- why talk of it before it is of interest ? (or why declare it of interest after it is? ).
- why not keep calling it AY.4.2 until they assign it a new letter ? Calling it "delta plus" just adds to the confusion. At some point they may have to call it "the epsilon variant that was once referred to as delta plus and consist of the AY.4.2 mutation". And nobody will know which is which.

P.S.: I just like to call a virus a name that sounds like "Away in 4 .. 2 ... 0!" It's kind of an exorcising name.

Yeah, it does seem a little early to use that name for it, but bear in mind that I've only seem that name mentioned on stories linked from here, not on the TV or radio news. I guess that calling it AY.4.2 does make it sound completely new whereas it is basically a variant of the original delta form, which might be a disadvantage.

Then you hear better TV or radio news than I do :). Happy that not all use that name. I mean, it's not like the end of the world, just curious. Not sure of it being a descendant of delta is so highly relevant. Delta is now so prevalent than it is to be expected that any new mutation comes from it. Maybe I lack the knowledge to realise what can one deduce (in properties of AY.4.2) from knowing it comes from delta.

This is what's coming in 6 months to the Northern hemisphere...

There's also tons of shops being for lease in Paris. Only luxury shops and bars/restaurants are ok.
But it started like 5 years ago, and the fake lockdowns just make things worse.

In a long list of broken promises and flat out lies our NL government now is talking to "employer organizations" to make QR codes mandatory... which in a roundabout way makes vx's mandatory. (our you need to test everyday before work... which permit now lasts 24 hours only)

The irony is that so many people who opposed the idea of rigidly enforcing a zero-Covid policy from the beginning will come to regret the alternative measures their governments put in place - either because they didn’t actually protect them and their loved ones from Covid-19, or because of the additional burdens the government is now placing upon them.

Last edited:
I would add a fourth G : Gegeben. One could have the COVID-19 passport if he hadn't one of the shots (first one would make less sense) but signed an agreement to send it to someone who wants it in Africa or so. It makes little sense, just like the passport makes little sense, but it might be acceptable to the governments as long as the vaccine dose is sold all the same.

Just an Info for the Apple Users: whit IOS15.1 it’s now possible to put your vaccination Zertifikat to Wallet ^^ If you don’t want to use the covid pass app..

We are finally getting the mandatory mRNA injections (which BTW, are not vaccines according to the definition of "vaccine" that we had been using for decades until the imposed dictionary changes in 2021). A year ago most people considered this to be a violation against human rights that was too severe to ever consider. In the Netherlands the government said a few months ago that this would never happen and was not even an option. But of course, many "conspiracy theorists" knew better. Right by right we are losing them all. That is no surprise to me, as I knew that this would happen years before I ever even heard about Covid-19 (which is no wonder, as it never was about a virus), but I have rarely been so frustrated to have been right all along.

The only upsides are that
1. Covid-19 still has had no impact on my life at all (no surprise there either)
2. I have a good idea of what is going to happen and how to prepare for it. Many people are going to wish that they had this foresight when their fiat savings suddenly become worthless. Though they will probably think that it came out of nowhere and was impossible to predict, just like they do now about the current crisis.

I tryed to get my Vaccine Pass on Apple Wallet yesterday but ditnt had luck, seems like its only takes the Vacine Pass from the USA..
then i found a work around but wouldnt reccomend it as i dont know if this way the Pass is even valid because its ether the Covid Pass App or the Corona Warn App..
The Side was this https://covidpass.marvinsextro.de/de-DE

Well mine thankfully also not, I have to wear a mask when customers are in the shop, I try to keep the Peaple far away from me, I had 2 Weekends whit a bit trouble due to the vaccination, but other than that?
Even whiteout got the vaccine, it wouldn’t even affect my free times as I don’t go to party or soccer or something..
the only few events I needed to show my vaccination pass was a Unimog Club Saturday where they wrote in the Email you need a test or a vaccination , but ditnt check the paperwork, so I had luck , because it was one day before my 2 Weeks after the second shot where over ^^ , the others where when a Chinese Batterie Factory I. The city where our Shop is made an Info Event whit „Barbecue „ (or how „Grillen“ is called in English) , and the Retrobörse where I got the 3 Gameboy Games ..
maybe if I would need to go to French, but as the honey was not that much this year whe ditnt go to French..
O and when I sat alone in the Mc Donald’s Restaurant ^^

We are finally getting the mandatory mRNA injections (which BTW, are not vaccines according to the definition of "vaccine" that we had been using for decades until the imposed dictionary changes in 2021). A year ago most people considered this to be a violation against human rights that was too severe to ever consider. In the Netherlands the government said a few months ago that this would never happen and was not even an option.
Yes the definition of vaccine in my oldish chambers dictionary specifically defines it as a preparation containing dead of dying vriruses or bacteria. But English is not a prescriptive language, so definitions are free to evolve when the situation changes. And in this situation these mRNA vaccines which are made out of synthesised mRNA, so the same or even better than traditional attenuated pathogen type vaccines at reducing the impact of infection. In other words, if it walks like a vaccine, swims like a vaccine and quacks like a vaccine then it's a vaccine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back