COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, great news. The WHO is now labeling variants of concern with Greek letters in order to avoid stigma. We have four so far, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta.

In unrelated news, I’ve just heard an interesting theory that COVID-19 came from Greece.

I would have thought it would be the parents that consent to this, not the kids themselves. It gets fuzzier as you get to 15 and above, but younger than that I'd have thought it would definitely be the parents who choose.
In case the parents are doing things against the government's wishes, like disciplining your child so it does not become an a*hole tyrant like most children are brought up now, or preventing them from taking testosterone/estrogen then the state can take away your children, and decide for them.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve just heard an interesting theory that COVID-19 came from Greece.
Ooh, I have strong evidence (almost proof, dare I say) for your theory.

Look at the head of the virus, and then at Plato's (a Greek guy) icosahedron.

virus-classicalview.jpegplatonic-solids.jpeg

Also note that an icosahedron has 20 sides. That's 2 times 10. Remember in this forum, the 2 is mentioned often.
20 is the amount of keymat layouts. 5 platonic solids, with the initial launching colors of the Pyra.
Also note that the Platonic Hexahedron looks a lot like the Pandora logo. And Pyra means fire, which is the first Platonic solid.
I think we are on to something. ;)

/bahfest

edit:

The word is from the Latin neuter vīrus referring to poison and other noxious liquids, from the same Indo-European base as Sanskrit viṣa, Avestan vīša, and ancient Greek ἰός (all meaning "poison"),
If you see VISA and IOS in that text, then this might be of interest (but put on your tinfoil hat first):

Last edited:
Look at the head of the virus, and then at Plato's (a Greek guy) icosahedron.
That, I have to believe is an approximation. The actual shell of the virus is made up of proteins which are all kinds of shapes. I'd guess they repeat the same number of times as an icosahedron in the round, but they won't have straight edges like that, so it's not actually a platonic solid.

Virus don't have all the same shape. The SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19 does not look at all like the idealized bacteriophague that @FBnil jokingly illustrated.

@levi Argh... foiled by science. But wait... I have a comeback! A good one.

X-ray crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy and molecular simulations have elucidated atomic-level structure of several viruses. In view of this, a recently determined crystal structure of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid has revealed its architecture and self-assembly very similar to that of the SARS-CoV-1 and the Middle-East respiratory syndrome virus (MERS-CoV). In structure determination, capsid symmetry is an important factor greatly contributing to its stability and balance between the packaged genome and envelope. Since the capsid protein subunits are asymmetrical, the maximum number of inter-subunit interactions can be established only when they are arranged symmetrically. Therefore, a stable capsid must be in a perfect symmetry and lowest possible free-energy. Isometric virions are spherical but geometrically icosahedrons as compared to complex virions that are both isometric and helical.

So you might be fooled by the fact that the classical virus has a single tail tube, and corona virus have multiple short tubes that together look like a crown (if you squint).

----

speculation (although there are some papers published about this):

Just like NA-CL that is non-toxic, but NA or CL is toxic, the coronavirus is a normal "germ", but the spike protein alone (which already has been classified as being similar to prions, so they will stay in the environment for a long long time) is very toxic (a neurodegenerative toxin to be exact).

Be careful with the MEANIE (mRNA Antisocial Epigenetic neurodegenerative innoculation Experiment)

edit2: fact about salt: Pakistan wants you to know that Himalayan Pink Salt is mined in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Not sure if the real Luigi Warren (stemcell researcher, co-founder of the first European cryonics organization, yadayada)

You'd hope their contact tracing system is better than ours and well tested by now, so if they've found all of his contacts and nobody else has it, and now he's better, the contagion has been contained. If not, we all know how how to wear masks and keep our distance.

For people holding out hope for a new wave to kill all the anti-vaxxers in the US, there’s good news. The Delta variant has gone from making up 1% of new cases at the start of May to 8% now. It’s said to be up to 50% more contagious than the Alpha variant.

You'd hope their contact tracing system is better than ours and well tested by now, so if they've found all of his contacts and nobody else has it, and now he's better, the contagion has been contained. If not, we all know how how to wear masks and keep our distance.
I don't want to cry wolf yet, but you may be a little too overconfident. Even if all cases in China can be contained, I believe the avian flu is already very widespread outside China (among wild birds and poultry). So it can jump to people anywhere in the world again and start spreading from person to person. COVID-19 has proved we have pitiful tracking in many places in the world. I have no idea how bad the avian flu is in humans, how deathly or how stealth, but it's bad news.

Check out this chart of Japan:

1622626629633.png

I have both death and case figures squashed to 0..1 to help spot the relationships. Then I plot logarithmic scale so the small values are clearer.

Clearly the trajectories are upwards. Whatever measures they are taking to combat the waves isn't working. The troughs keep increasing. My friend thinks it's because they are slow to vaccinate.

This is a similar situation to the UK in early December: it was clear Novembers lockdown didn't really get the numbers down and then Christmas was cancelled.

Sorry Japan. Olympics is cancelled.

Japan is in a bad trend, but they have had relatively little COVID19 up to now.
It's the 11th most populated country, with around 125 million people.
They got 750230 infections, 13174 deaths and 13 million vaccinated.
I'm told they had few restrictions and little vaccination, but I wish where I am we'd had 600 cases per 100000 people in all history. We get that in less than a trimester.
I don't know if they have great tracking or very careful citizens or what, but I wish them success in controlling their current surge.

Last edited:
1 on 3000 to 6000:

but 100% save for 16 to 24 year olds... and that is TRUE.
If 1 in 3000 (worst case scenario), then 1/3000=0.000333333333333333
So 100-1/3000=99.9996666666667
Rounded up to zero decimals it is 100%. Just simple math.
Even if you round up to 3 decimals, you still get: 100.000% because the 6>5 so it rounds up.

Another lie: The title of the news article says: "Woman, 35, dies from brain blood clot caused by AstraZeneca vaccination".
No relation has been found between blood clothing and AZ. All this is based on speculation; just like the existence of the covid2 virus, which has not been isolated

Last edited:
@Djoga'Ro whoops typo. clothing -> clotting. At least it's not the autocorrect from the i-Pohone

I was reading an article in the paper about the White House's new science adviser who was just sworn in. He wants the next pandemic vaccine to be ready in 100 days instead of a year.

Note that the COVID-19 vaccine was ready in 100 days this time, we just had to take the stupid step of actually testing the thing before using it. Glad we won't make that mistake again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back