COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason people are asking you to increase your likelihood of catching the virus is to help out the economy, although they won't announce it in such dangerous terms.
It's less about the economy and more about normal life. Unfortunately our reliance on economic activity is great.

Researchers from Goethe University at Frankfurt an Main published a preprint that hints at the mechanism involved in rare blood clots with AZ and J&J. The newsstory sounds almost like they'd send a patch to the vaccine DNA.
They say human protein remmants from the medium where the vaccine is cultured plus the preservative ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) in AZ may help the reaction, although J&J doesn't contain EDTA.
The pharma companies say they'll study it further and see if they can improve their vaccines.

The pharma companies say they'll study it further and see if they can improve their vaccines.
Ah, an update version 1.1 Alpha Build? Does not produce blood-cloths but increases chances of $new_side_effect by, say, 34%?

More than 100000 people protest in London:

and many more...

Last edited:
B.1.617 variant <> “Indian Variant”

which was an official reply to:

Post automatically merged:

Situation in India I found interesting:

Growing resistance towards COVID vaccination turns violent in rural MP. Team led woman tehsildar for vaccination awareness in Ujjain district's Malikhedi village attacked by Pardi caste people. A team member sustained head injury.

The Pardhi are a rather unusual people in comparison the surrounding Bhil tribes. Because of their refusal to become a part of the caste system, they are a predominantly isolated group. They prefer hunting, begging, or even stealing for a living, rather than submitting to a social system that they consider demeaning and degrading.

Last edited:
I considered not testing the vaccinated as an alternative explanation for reduced cases & deaths in the UK but excess deaths are down too.
“Indian Variant”
Naming it that is such blatant scare mongering. Someone's got an agenda.
More than 100000 people protest in London
... weather's good and pubs are open. I'll bet most those people are vaccinated anyway.

Btw - I'm an anti-vaxxer. I'm anti a lot of science actually.

More than 100000 people protest in London:

and many more...
The morons really should be wearing masks at the very least...
B.1.617 variant <> “Indian Variant”

which was an official reply to:

Post automatically merged:

Situation in India I found interesting:

Growing resistance towards COVID vaccination turns violent in rural MP. Team led woman tehsildar for vaccination awareness in Ujjain district's Malikhedi village attacked by Pardi caste people. A team member sustained head injury.

The Pardhi are a rather unusual people in comparison the surrounding Bhil tribes. Because of their refusal to become a part of the caste system, they are a predominantly isolated group. They prefer hunting, begging, or even stealing for a living, rather than submitting to a social system that they consider demeaning and degrading.
Of course The WHO doesn’t call it the “Indian” variant; just like it doesn’t call other variants the “Chinese”/“English”/“South African” etc. variants because they use the alphanumeric sequence identifiers, which is far more academic.

As to whether there exists a specific variant (and its mutations into sub-variants) which was first identified in India, The WHO said this:
“Both B.1.617.1 and B.1.617.2 were first identified in India in December 2020, and have been detected at increasing prevalence concurrent to the major upsurge observed in the country. B.1.617.3 was first detected in India in October 2020, but relatively fewer viruses matching this sub-lineage have been reported to date.”
- https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...update_37.pdf?sfvrsn=a1ab459c_5&download=true

I would argue that The WHO is not academic enough because, for example, in its section on “Mythbusting”, it says this of UV Lamps

FACT: Ultra-violet (UV) lamps should NOT be used to disinfect hands or other areas of your skin​

UV radiation can cause skin irritation and damage your eyes.

Cleaning your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or washing your hands with soap and water are the most effective ways to remove the virus.”

Which selectively omits the research into Far UV-C (FUVC) wavelengths between 207 - 222nm that have been shown to not be able to penetrate the skin or the cornea (and thus not cause people damage externally) but that they still deactivate virus, bacteria and fungi, permanently.
Other recent studies showed that there are some fungi that are highly resistant to UV even in the vacuum of Space so there are propositions to use it as shielding for future Space missions.

I would argue that The WHO is not academic enough because, for example, in its section on “Mythbusting”, it says this of UV Lamps

FACT: Ultra-violet (UV) lamps should NOT be used to disinfect hands or other areas of your skin​

UV radiation can cause skin irritation and damage your eyes.

Cleaning your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or washing your hands with soap and water are the most effective ways to remove the virus.”

Which selectively omits the research into Far UV-C (FUVC) wavelengths between 207 - 222nm that have been shown to not be able to penetrate the skin or the cornea (and thus not cause people damage externally) but that they still deactivate virus, bacteria and fungi, permanently.
Other recent studies showed that there are some fungi that are highly resistant to UV even in the vacuum of Space so there are propositions to use it as shielding for future Space missions.
I kinda see why they give such a statement. Because how am I going to verify that cheap UV lamp is only irradiating in that save nm range. And then, at which intensity should it be, and for how long? Should I open up my fingers and what about creases in the skin?
So that method will only work in a controlled environment.
Then again, they do not warn about some alcohol-based hand rubs that contain poisons that can penetrate your skin and silently cause harm.

I kinda see why they give such a statement. Because how am I going to verify that cheap UV lamp is only irradiating in that save nm range. And then, at which intensity should it be, and for how long? Should I open up my fingers and what about creases in the skin?
So that method will only work in a controlled environment.
Then again, they do not warn about some alcohol-based hand rubs that contain poisons that can penetrate your skin and silently cause harm.
I wonder if the reason to reject working solutions is to actively push the their own solution for some unknown reason, or that's is just ignorance that causes this focus on their own solution.
That ignorant focus maybe it's this social-media trend to push topics into two buckets, and if someone states a fact that is not in their bucket it must be the opposing 'wrong' bucket. Not taking into account problems are usually multi-dimensional.

I wonder if the reason to reject working solutions is to actively push the their own solution for some unknown reason, or that's is just ignorance that causes this focus on their own solution.
That ignorant focus maybe it's this social-media trend to push topics into two buckets, and if someone states a fact that is not in their bucket it must be the opposing 'wrong' bucket. Not taking into account problems are usually multi-dimensional.
That also is a possibility. The sponsors want to promote their soap/alcohol industries and lobby for that.
Social media also has a third bucket: "MEH". Some facts are just ignored.

NotCarlin.jpg

If Carlin was alive, I think this is something he would say during a show.

Humans can consent, animals can’t.

The tricky part is where we let kids consent to medical experiments, but not sex. Poor kids.

I would have thought it would be the parents that consent to this, not the kids themselves. It gets fuzzier as you get to 15 and above, but younger than that I'd have thought it would definitely be the parents who choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back