Release Corsix-Th (Open Theme Hospital Engine)

Seems nice and all, but the flickering is a issue. Then working nubs would be nice. I know you guys talking about it. All we can do is wait then. Thanks for taking time with it.

Thanks a ton Wally, Will give this a try in a few. What about the Jukebox playing with mp3?? Does that work on the pandora?

audio_mp3 A directory containing MP3 files to play instead of the default MIDI background tunes.

SMPEG.dll file in the folder.

Will also give that a try.

This game is great and it works so well on the Pandora!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think its time to unpirate this game. :D
Yeah, for $5.99 it's hard not to. I bought it essentially site unseen due to the reputation it has. Hopefully this will make it easier to get developers interested in working on the project.

Ahoy Wally,

Just got 'round to trying Corsix-TH this morning. Works beautifully, thanks for the great port... no flickering for me. HOWEVER, I couldn't get the PND to launch normally, I had to use pnd_run.sh to mount it, and then manually run the binary file myself.

Something in your lua script is borking up for me:

Code:
An error has occurred in CorsixTH:

./CorsixTH.lua:199: Cannot initialise SDL

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'assert'

./CorsixTH.lua:119: in main chunk

[C]: ?

bootstrap.cpp:46: Unable to initialise video

I have the same kind of error. Never had it run. I'm on b3 and this is the latest from the repo.

Issue still exists:

120501-183001.png

I'm still having the issue so I'm hoping for a solution.

Can anybody tell me where their original TH files are? Maybe if I do that it'll work.

mine are just in games sub-directory on my System SD card.

only thing I could suggest is make sure you don't have any spaces in the path to where you have your TH files.

Actually I never set my TH files yet and I never made directories for them. I've never had the option to set them.

I've found the problem.

When you start Corsix-TH but exit without actually setting the options it will make an empty config.txt

When you have an empty config.txt the error will happen.

Works like a charm now!

I hope there will be an option to set other keys, I don't like the right nub for left/right mouse. I'd rather have X and B or even L and R for that. Besides that: loving it!

I did include a config file with the build though, thats weird.. I'll sus it out eventually.

As for the keys, its beyond my control but the source is all LUA and modifiable. Touch Screen is the best way to mouse around I found :D

I use a combination of nub/touchscreen, but I really dislike the right nub for left/right mouse buttons.

Right now my Pandora is with EvilDragon getting a pimp up. I'll be looking at this again when I get my freshly built Pandora back :)

Back