Coreboot + Linux-Libre could bring TONS more users

Discussion in 'Pyra OS (Debian GNU/Linux)' started by tkm625, Jul 25, 2014.

1. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

If the music and audio people can focus on making their job easier, that trickles down to everyone using sound. Any market is big enough to target, and the compromises are made to fit the current one. Easy, simple and trusted.

The swiss army knife is good at what it does, it maybe does too much to not fall between some chairs, but the pyra is pocketable to begin with.

As such it isnt a fullsize anything, but for what it is, it could be the best at that.

Unless a feature breaks another usecase then its good. Locked down anything is an anti-feature.

2. dimag0g

dimag0g Very Active Member

I agree that it's impossible to have a toolbox with you all the time, and I do have a knife with a blade, a corksrew and a beer opener thing which also can be used as a very ugly flat screwdriver. This covers 90% of the cases where I could use a swiss knife, for only a fraction of its price. For the remaining 10 cases (when e.g. a real philipps screwdriver is necessary), I prefer to have a real screwdriver (I have a tiny electrical one) which costs about as much as a swiss knife but works 10-20 times faster and is compatible with every screw I've seen so far, except really small ones.

The same is true for the Pandora: I do enjoy its versatility, but only when it's up to the task. I don't intend to run autocad on it, even if it was possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014