SimpleScreenRecorder or other screen cap. software for Pyra

second exodous

Advanced Member
I know this is probably a little early to ask but will there be any screen capture software available early on? I'm asking this because it would be cool to have to post tutorials on youtube for new users, show bugs to developers, and possibly record game play without an external box. I think if people could easily record footage of usage and post it to the web without extra hardware it would maybe help sell more units, free advertising for the Pyra!

Right now I use SimpleScreenRecorder on my pc and it works great. I don't know if it would compile to run on ARM but it is open source. It doesn't use much resources but then again I'm running it on a desktop so yeah. . .

Just playing with compiling It on debian armhf on the devboard the default git sources doesn't play well with the PowerVR OpenGL, it also has a bit of i386 hard paths that may or may not be causing issues.

Well, looks like it might work on the Pyra! I think if it can be made to work then it should be one of the pre-installed utilities on the Pyra as it could help advertise it to more potential buyers.

SimpleScreenRecorder is already on Pandora. No reason it cant be on Pyra.
[doublepost=1473734969,1473734917][/doublepost]
I think if it can be made to work then it should be one of the pre-installed utilities on the Pyra

Would avoid pre-installing too much stuff. People can decide what they want. Let's not bundle the Pyra with endless crap like all smartphones out there,

Yes SimpleScreenRecorder is a very good program and i compiled it for Pandora some time ago (is available here ).
The only problem with ARM port is that recording straight via OpenGL is not possible as it need a special injection lib that is not compiled (on Pandora) because is using Elf Hacks thats is for cpu i386 only.
Anyway recording GL/GLES programs is possible if they will use the framebuffer to render to screen (most of the Pandora games now are using it).
Another problem of Pandora port is that the interface does not fit the small resolution (800x480) of the screen, but i think on Pyra this will be not a problem as it use a bigger resolution.
Some months ago i tried to update SSR but failed...i need to find time for another go, maybe with latest codeblocks.

Back