Concept

Not semitransparent panels on X11, not without Composite extension, which I'm 99% sure Pandora's kdrive server will not have.

I wouldn't sacrifice the space of the screen. I'd rather toggle the 4 sided menubars on/off (overlapping the application) by tapping a key+dpad direction.

Pandora's kdrive server

I thought the PowerVR driver was hooked into xorg rather than kdrive, or did I get the wrong idea there?

lardman said:
Pandora's kdrive server
I thought the PowerVR driver was hooked into xorg rather than kdrive, or did I get the wrong idea there?

Uhm..I don't know, but Craig or some other developer has always said that the Pandora will have a kdrive server.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this was to reduce bloat... not sure though kdrive is part of Xorg now and the newer version should support composite i think...

the reason there was to be a lack of composite was the use of an older monolithic kdrive server which would be even smaller/lighter

Edit:
http://rene.rebe.name/2007-04-29/faq-where...aka-tinyx-gone/

from how that reads we can use kdrive from the modern xorg release... the point is that it is a pre configured xserver and is lighter faster and doesn't need much configureation

Back