Invisible Shield (screen Protector) On Sale For Some Models

openthebox

They have several models for sale. $5 with free shipping.

Blowout?

Unfortunately, Archos' 605 isn't one of them. (They must be paying attention to this development :p )
They do have the PSP complete front coverage for sale -> $5.

:pandora1: has a 4.3" screen with 5:3 aspect ratio, the PSP has a 4.3" screen with 16:9 aspect ratio.
I'm wondering if I can still cut out enough of the PSP mode and use it for the :pandora1: screen. What do you think?

I know, pay the extra $8 or $9 buck and avoid the headache, but couldn't I call this a DIY. ;)

OpenTheBox said:

Blowout?

Unfortunately, Archos' 605 isn't one of them. (They must be paying attention to this development :p )

:pandora1: has a 4.3" screen with 5:3 aspect ratio, the PSP has a 4.3" screen with 16:9 aspect ratio.
I'm wondering if I can still cut out enough of the PSP mode and use it for the :pandora1: screen. What do you think?

I know, pay the extra $8 or $9 buck and avoid the headache, but couldn't I call this a DIY. ;)

No, the PSP screen will be too long, which you can cut, and not tall enough, which you can't do anything about.

Last edited by a moderator:
anexanhume said:
OpenTheBox said:

Blowout?

No, the PSP screen will be too long, which you can cut, and not tall enough, which you can't do anything about.

Yep, I have a PSP with a couple extra screen protectors - and was hoping that the 605 I just bought could use them. But the size of the screen is just a little off, the protector doesn't cover enough of the screen.

PolloLoco said:
Yep, I have a PSP with a couple extra screen protectors - and was hoping that the 605 I just bought could use them. But the size of the screen is just a little off, the protector doesn't cover enough of the screen.
This one is for a complete front coverage, so it should have extra to make up the difference.

OpenTheBox said:
PolloLoco said:
This one is for a complete front coverage, so it should have extra to make up the difference.

So which screen protectors will fit pandora? archos 605 ? anyone know where to order them preferably in canada ? thx.

anexanhume said:
OpenTheBox said:

Blowout?

Also, and this is something to keep in mind, the PSP does not have a touchscreen. You never know with a PSP protector if the manufacturer took that into consideration or not (durability).

cranker said:
So which screen protectors will fit pandora? archos 605 ? anyone knoe where to order them preferably in canada ? thx.
We Canadians have to order them from Zagg's site, as far as I can tell. My local London Drugs has a few of the iPod InvisibleShields, but that's it (can't really stock them all, there's sooooo many kinds). I ordered one for my Blackberry and Pandora, but they sent me an iPod one by mistake...mailed it back to them today. :rolleyes: Apparently they're 'streamlining' their shipment process though, so might be quicker next time. Took about 3 weeks to get mine.

And yeah, the Archos 605 wi-fi screen is the one I ordered, based on what I've read in this forum, that's the one that will fit Pandora.

I noticed several different kinds of screen protectors on ebay all for the archos 605. anyone know which is the best brand?

Karel Jansens said:
Also, and this is something to keep in mind, the PSP does not have a touchscreen. You never know with a PSP protector if the manufacturer took that into consideration or not (durability).
They also make one for the Archos 605 which is also a touch screen. I could be wrong, but I don't think they make them any differently except for the size and form factor.

I took a dive and ordered it. What the heck, it's only 5 bucks. If it doesn't fit I'll save it for something else. :p

cranker said:
I noticed several different kinds of screen protectors on ebay all for the archos 605. anyone know which is the best brand?
I've used Invisible Shield for my gp2x, and IMHO, they are great.
The only thing I didn't like is that it's not anti-glare.
They do offer one for the Archos 605, for $12.95.
They are currently offering free shipping using "USPS First Class Mail - No Tracking - (Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery)"

I've used Invisible Shield for my gp2x, and IMHO, they are great.
The only thing I didn't like is that it's not anti-glare.
They do offer one for the Archos 605, for $12.95.
They are currently offering free shipping using "USPS First Class Mail - No Tracking - (Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery)"
[/quote]

I checked out the invisible shield for 12.95 (for archos 605) and am thinking of ordering it. is this the same size screen as the pandora ? Is is worth it compared with the $5 screen protectors? No use cheaping out at this point ......... anyone else used these screen protectors? I have never used screen protectors in the past because they kinda bug me, but am really considering it with the pandora because of the expense of the system.

supposedly if you order on halloween with the code scary40, you get 40% off at zagg.

phrosty said:
supposedly if you order on halloween with the code scary40, you get 40% off at zagg.
Thanks phrosty.

The code works, I just ordered the one for Archos 605 (WiFi).
$7.77 with free shipping in US.

I'll give the one I ordered for PSP to my brother-in-law who has a PSP. :p

OpenTheBox said:
phrosty said:
Thanks phrosty.

The code works, I just ordered the one for Archos 605 (WiFi).
$7.77 with free shipping in US.

I'll give the one I ordered for PSP to my brother-in-law who has a PSP. :p

which one did you order? and does it fit the pandora screen ?

cranker said:
which one did you order? and does it fit the pandora screen ?
The Archos 605 (WiFi) one.
It is suppose to be the same screen used for the :pandora1:

got 2 codes, figured I would use one on my next order, and i can just give one out:

Here's a one-time-use code that you enter during checkout: 85wt37
its 20% off

The invisible shield sounds messy due to the fact that you have to use a spray with it. Anyone have experience with that? Also , anyone heard of a screen protector called ghost-armor?

Mjlink said:
Anyone considered Golden Shellback waterproofing when it is available to the public?
I remember seeing a video of that a bit back and could never remember the name. It looks sooo amazing. I wonder if they will find a convenient way of applying for consumers soon.

I think you are talking about this video.

Back