Compatibility Pyra Debian and GOG.com Games

Dcoll

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm asking myself about the compatibilty between the linux games offered by GOG.com and the Pyra.

Are these games will run on the Pyra ?

Thanx

dcoll.

Are these games will run on the Pyra ?

I doubt. Pyra will use an ARM processor while GOG games are made to run on the usual PC platform (i686/x86-64) and the binaries use different instructions to operate.

Of course I'm not familiar with GOG at all, so please use my "answer" as a starting point to investigate yourself (does GOG offer ARM binaries?).

I doubt. Pyra will use an ARM processor while GOG games are made to run on the usual PC platform (i686/x86-64) and the binaries use different instructions to operate.

Of course I'm not familiar with GOG at all, so please use my "answer" as a starting point to investigate yourself (does GOG offer ARM binaries?).

Actually, most of the older games GOG offers for Linux use some interpreter like DOSBox, ScummVM or similar. Most of them work fine on the Pyra (I've even played some on my Pandora).
The older games are not being recompiled, so there are no Linux specific versions.

Newer games that have their own Linux binaries will run with something like ExaGear, here the speed is mostly the question mark.
e.g. I could easily run the Linux x86 version of Knytt Underground on the Pyra devboard. It was very slow (using software 3D :)), but it worked.

OK Thanks for the answer Master ;-)

l will experiment that , when times come ...

starwars tie fighter WILL work, the games are just packed up in a package so you don't need to overlook stuff.

The majority of my DOS games are from GOG and they're packaged in a DBP file already (not distributable of course)

With Ptitseb's latest DOSBOX release, Tie Fighter works fairly well on my 1GHz Pandora, so on the Pyra it should work really good.

Two pics with it were already added after we requested it, but thanks for watching out for us.

Send them to GOG and let them offer a Pyra version for sale :D

Thought about it! :p

A lot of my stuff has an iso which only contains the files needed to run the game from the CD and all CDDA stuff is converted to ogg! Dunno if GOG would like that.

Thought about it! :p

A lot of my stuff has an iso which only contains the files needed to run the game from the CD and all CDDA stuff is converted to ogg! Dunno if GOG would like that.

I love the idea of selling the rebranded Pyra as the GOGbox ;)

Wally, make the calls.
[doublepost=1465953294,1465950920][/doublepost]I've actually just emailed them regarding the Pyra :)
Wonder if they reply.

Back